Is kinky curly knot today water based?

ManeStreet

I know the first ingredient isn't water but it obviously feels wet. I know there's some products that are water based but they don't explicitly stated water in the ingredients. The mango fruit extract can still be in a water based solution right?

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
It is water based, but I don't think it has as high of a water concentration as some other leave-ins. I need a good water base and I have to cut it in half with water for it to work for me.

faithVA

Thank you. I was thinking I was crazy. I saw people online saying it wasn't water based. I was like what?!

I think when they say it isn't water based, they mean it doesn't actually contain water as a listed ingredient. And because it doesn't some people don't experience the reversion they experience when a product specifically contains water which allows them to use it for out styles.

Last edited: