Is Mizani Butter Blends Sensitive Scalp Lye or No-Lye?

zoromo

Hello Ladies,
Is Mizani Butter Blends Sensitive Scalp Lye or No-Lye? Trying to find a lye relaxer and just need to know how to figure out lye or no-lye? Should I just assume relaxers that do not say "no-lye" are lye based or not? Could you all please list lye relaxers you use?

Thanks.

zoromo

I love my natural, but have had it with ssks. I have been natural on and off for many years and my hair does not grow past a certain point because I cut it due to the brittle feeling on my ends. I am thinking of a texlax. If I do not like it, I will just let it grow out. My hair is about 7 inches long or so ( after 2 years because I have cut at least 3 inches due to the dry feeling, water, leave-ins and sealing with zillions of oils has not helped). I can be back near here next year if this does not work out.

Last edited:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Hello Ladies,
Is Mizani Butter Blends Sensitive Scalp Lye or No-Lye? Trying to find a lye relaxer and just need to know how to figure out lye or no-lye? Should I just assume relaxers that do not say "no-lye" are lye based or not? Could you all please list lye relaxers you use?

Thanks.

Anytime a relaxer says sensitive scalp it will be no lye. No lye just means the ingredient that assists in breaking the bonds is not sodium hydroxide.

no lye relaxers are calcium hydroxide for most relaxers

no lye lithium hydroxide or a mild sodium hydroxide

Phyto relaxer is a no lye utilizing Guanidine Carbonate to assist with the bond break down

If it says no base it is a sodium hydroxide relaxer

HauteHippie

Anytime a relaxer says sensitive scalp it will be no lye. No lye just means the ingredient that assists in breaking the bonds is not sodium hydroxide.

no lye relaxers are calcium hydroxide for most relaxers

no lye lithium hydroxide or a mild sodium hydroxide

Phyto relaxer is a no lye utilizing Guanidine Carbonate to assist with the bond break down

If it says no base it is a sodium hydroxide relaxer

Fo' real? I used to get Mizani sensitive scalp and my stylist said it was lye (and my hair didn't feel dry). Now I'm curious!

ETA: I recently got a tex with Salerm. I think it's no-lye. The SSK and ends were killing me!

Okay, so the one I used to get was the Classic, not the butter blends, which is lye.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Fo' real? I used to get Mizani sensitive scalp and my stylist said it was lye (and my hair didn't feel dry). Now I'm curious!

ETA: I recently got a tex with Salerm. I think it's no-lye. The SSK and ends were killing me!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

She mis-informed you.

Everyones hair does not react the say way to no lye relaxer. If she using a chelating shampoo then no you should not have dealt with dry hair.

http://www.mizani-usa.com/default.aspx?m=75&p=5123&rid=300

http://www.mizani-usa.com/default.aspx?m=9&p=5064&rid=100

Last edited:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
mizani sensitive scalp is no lye. it is in the butter blends line.

but they do also have a butter blends version that is a lye based relaxer.

zoromo

Hey Ladies,
Thanks for the clarification. I looked on the site and found out as well and used it anyway. I put 1/2 cup olive oil in that bad boy and it still worked quick. I was so scared I washed it out literally in 3 minutes because I could feel it working. Needless to say it took, but not too much ( am I am glad about that part) . I just hope that it helps.