Is MSM making my hair grow slower?

dannie

I've been taking MSM consisitenantly for a month now, and I swear it's making my hair grow slower. I think I barely have 1/4 an inch of newgrowth and thats when stretched. I would at least get a tad over this. Almost 1/2 an inch by the end of four weeks. My hair also appears shorter, which I know is shrinkage but I don't have enough new growth for all that. Should I stop taking this stuff?

DahomeyAhosi

I've never heard such a complaint about MSM by anyone. I took it for over 2 years and it never affected my hair in this way. Have you had any changes to your diet, exercise regime, or stress level which could be causing this?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
MSM, makes newgrowth softer and loosens the curl pattern so maybe that is why it doesn't seem like you have any newgrowth. I take 1000 mgs a day and I really don't start seeing newgrowth until about 5 or 6 weeks post relaxer.

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
MSM, makes newgrowth softer and loosens the curl pattern so maybe that is why it doesn't seem like you have any newgrowth. I take 1000 mgs a day and I really don't start seeing newgrowth until about 5 or 6 weeks post relaxer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read her post DSD. The MSM is making your hair softer and it will not start to really wave up until after the first 4 weeks. Hang in there, you're on the right track

dannie

O.K, thanks ladies. Well I'm in a wedding on Saturday so I'm gonna have to press and curl tonight. Maybe I'll see the length then. I'll still keep taking it. But if I'm not offically brastrap by Septemeber, than I know that maybe this stuff isn't for me because 3 months is definatly long enough to grow an inch.

LondonDiva

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the exact same thing reading your post but DSD beat me to it and saved me writing that paragraph