Anyone else NOT have a spring/summer growth spurt?

Junonia

I am 10 weeks post and I have 1 inch of new growth. My hair seems to grow so much slower this time of year. My spurts seem to start in October- February. Anyone else have a slow down during the warmer months?

HoneyDew

I don't.

I notice a spurt in the winter for me. January/February.

Spring and Summer has other benefits for me though. :yep:

Silver

I see I'm not the only one now. My hair growth slows done over summer. I always plan on going back to school with longer hair after summer, but I only gain like half an inch over the whole summer, or sometimes my hair seems shorter like it breaks off. But during the fall and winter from october-februrary I can get an inch or two. It could be because I play with my hair less, but I also wash it less often. I'm not sure if my hair grows slower or breaks off over summer because I've been natural for most of my life so I couldn't see new growth, but this summer with lhcf tips I'm going to find out.

Faith

I hear ya. I have good growth November to about May then it slows down a bit. Keep in mind good growth for me is about .40" a month and the usual is .25-.33 a month. :lol: My hair doesn't grow that fast (to me) :) I have just learned to keep it all ;)

TLC1020

I haven't had a spring spurt as it is officially spring on the calendar, however the weather feels like fall :nono:. I'm hoping to have a summer spurt though which would put me at BSL.. Since the weather is still cool I put my hair back in a bun until it warms up a bit.

lurkersincejan

Im about 4 weeks post and havent noticed a whole lot a new growth
but then again I could be wrong because I have been roller setting weekly so I dont know. I was hoping for result that I got in my siggy but again it could just be me.

so1913

I've never really noticed any "spurts". My hair growth seems to grow at a consistant rate.