Is natural hair a middle class phenomenon for 18 to 25 year olds?

KurlyNinja

I feel you op:yep:. You should have just called it what it is....LOW income EBT card carrying.....it is weaves, weaves and more weaves for them and natural is NO where in sight. I was in a nail salon and that is exactly what I saw.

Im an EBT card carrier. Im in college. Im all natural. And I've never worn a weave in my life. So this right here is just a load of BS. sorry.

SoopremeBeing

I can't really speak on other natural-haired women, but part of my reason for transitioning into natural and doing my own hair is because of the lack of natural hair services in our living areas. Or a lack of stylists that are knowledgeable or willing to work with natural hair. I was tired of spending money on someone who claimed to be a professional or after they said "yeah I can do that style." If I make a mistake on my own hair with a $5 product, that's one thing. But placing my hair in the hands of a so-called professional, and wasting $75-200, AND still having to fix their mistake when I get home is too much.

I never saw a whole lot of black women wearing natural styles in the area of CA I used to live in, but I see it a lot here in Maryland.