Is there a such thing as 2 much deep conditioning?

BandB2003

I like to get a deep conditioner each time I wash my hair which is normally every week. My friend says that is too much that I only need a deep conditioner once a month. I was always under the impression a deep conditioner was needed every time the hair is washed. Can anyone else shed any light on t his. How often are you all conditioning your hair?

naomi

good skin and hair
same here........I deep condition after every shampoo weekly. I just always feel the need too, I cant wash my hair without deep conditionng.

BandB2003

[ QUOTE ]
naomi said:
same here........I deep condition after every shampoo weekly. I just always feel the need too, I cant wash my hair without deep conditionng.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, Naomi. I feel the same way you do. My friend only deep conditions once a month or less but I feel the need to get under my hairdryer each time I do. What are you using? I am thinking about trying Bone Marrow

naomi

good skin and hair
Hi bandb2003

I usually deep condition using Mizani moisturefuse. Right now because of the freezing weather, I need something more rich, so Im using Barry Fletcher revitalizing conditioner.

sexycaramel03

There is nothing wrong with deep conditioning everytime you wash. I wash my hair twice a week and I always deep condition. But with any type of conditioning, whether it's deep conditioning or a two minute conditioning, there comes build up. As long as you wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo (every once in a while) to remove the buildup, then you should be fine

Nyambura

surfer girl
I agree, there's nothing wrong with deep condition every time you wash. Actually, since joining this Board I've been using even *more* conditioners!
B2B2000, I don't know if you're new to the hair growing thing but I was 2 years ago and I found a lot of people had a lot of opinions about what my hair could and couldn't tolerate (but none of the opinion-givers had long or healthy hair
....). If a certain procedure makes my hair feel good and continue to thrive, I'll do it...even if it runs against well-intentioned advice from loved ones, hair dressers, etc.

BandB2003

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
I agree, there's nothing wrong with deep condition every time you wash. Actually, since joining this Board I've been using even *more* conditioners!
B2B2000, I don't know if you're new to the hair growing thing but I was 2 years ago and I found a lot of people had a lot of opinions about what my hair could and couldn't tolerate (but none of the opinion-givers had long or healthy hair
....). If a certain procedure makes my hair feel good and continue to thrive, I'll do it...even if it runs against well-intentioned advice from loved ones, hair dressers, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Funny you should say that because the person who told me this her hair is not in any magnificent shape. If I do NOT deep condition that is when my hair starts to get back. Thank you so much for your comments. I am trying to grow my hair long and I need all of the advice and help I can get.

BandB2003

[ QUOTE ]
naomi said:
Hi bandb2003

I usually deep condition using Mizani moisturefuse. Right now because of the freezing weather, I need something more rich, so Im using Barry Fletcher revitalizing conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks and can you tell me where you purchase the Barry Fletcher? My hair is so dry and sheds in the winter. Protein conditioners dont really do much for my hair

Nyambura

surfer girl
[ QUOTE ]
BandB2003 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Funny you should say that because the person who told me this her hair is not in any magnificent shape. If I do NOT deep condition that is when my hair starts to get back. Thank you so much for your comments. I am trying to grow my hair long and I need all of the advice and help I can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome, BandB2003 (sorry I butchered your name in the first post!). If you're looking for advice and encouragement, LHCF is the place to be. Happy Hair Growing!

Babygurl

I deep condition everytime I wash with shampoo, if I do a conditioner wash I usually dont deep condtion afterward.

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
BandB2003 said:
[ QUOTE ]
naomi said:
Hi bandb2003

Thanks and can you tell me where you purchase the Barry Fletcher?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello, I am new here... But I use to go to Barry Fletcher's salon, until my stylist moved, so I moved with her... But she still uses the products, cause they are awesome! You can go to his website, and purchase the conditioner online, it is a great moisturizer also. www.barryfletcher.com

beana3

I deep condition just as you do, with every wash 1x a week. I actually get paranoid when i go outside an my hair has not been properly conditioned. I feel like me hair is "open" to damage.

jellynote

I don't think anything is wrong with it at all. I deep condition my hair once a week and I wash my hair every 4 days and I also do condition washes every 2 days.

Allandra

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I used to deep condition all the time. Now I just try to fit it in when I can.