is there any way to get the excess grease off of my hair?

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
i went to the beuaty school today for a wash adn press. the lady said that it was gogin to be greasy, but lo and behold, i didn't think THIS GREASY. it's so limp. and i'm happy that it grew out, but i'm not going to be able to wear it down like this all stringy and stuff. is there a way without washing it to get rid of teh gunk?

Shatani

ive taken sections and ran a paper towel down the length of it to try and remove greasiness when i got my hair pressed.....that might not be so smart, but maybe if you did the opposite of everything we do to RETAIN moisture, that might work! like put on a cotton scarf or sleep on regular pillow cases and so on and so forth....

hOnii

just get a towel and rub sections of your hair from root to end. that should get a lot of the extra grease off.

i've heard of people using (A LITTLE) baby powder and using a towel or paper towel. i dont know if i would put baby powder in my hair though...

sharee

This is one time when tying up your hair at night use a cotton bandana (spelling). Cotton is not recommended for tying up your hair because it strips it of oils but, this time, that is exactly what you want. HTH

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
y do u NOT want to wash your hair if it's limp and greasy??? i would wash & clarify if i was you. ;)

Shatani

cuz she just paid to get it straightened! that would be such a waste to have to wash it out already! :(

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
I agree by using a paper towels and cotton scarves. Who ever did your press didn't do it right or used the wrong product.

Koffie

don't put in any product on your hair for a week and sleep in a satin bonnet every night, the bonnet should absorb the oil just fine. After awhile your hair will be soooo soft. This is coming from the queen of greasy pressed hair.

PoeticJustice

Shatani said:
cuz she just paid to get it straightened! that would be such a waste to have to wash it out already! :(

Yeah I agree. I also got my hair pressed last week and it was extra greasy!!!! but I wrapped it up and I didn't even have to use a cotton scarf, the next morning I brushed it slightly with my Boar brush and that was it. The grease subsided after 2 days so you should be okay.