Is there a fast way to get rid of relaxed hair?

inthestars

Is there a fast way to get rid of relaxed hair? I am growing out my relaxed hair and its driving me loco. I have a weave in to make the transition 'easier' but I am sick of that too. I am guess that it will be March before I have enough new growth to take out the weave..

henrilou

Weaving or braiding is really the only way to make time fly. Otherwise you have to watch your hair grow, and that is torture. But switch up, try weaving in some blond or a curly weave.

Integrity

i think it is best to put your hair in any style which will allow u to wash, deep condition and moisturize your own hair regularly so that it does not dry up and break off. therefore either cornrows or braids are best. its difficult if not impossible to wash your own hair in weaves and u may be tempted not to wash it and go for weeks with it on your head. then by the time it comes off your hair will be dry, brittle and severely damaged. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MSCHICHI

I agree with the other posters suggestions about ways to make your transition easier. Unfortunately, nothing will really make it go faster, as you have to wait for it to grow out. Also contrary to popular belief, a relaxer cannot be "stripped" out of the hair. Eventually, you will need to cut it off, as this is the only way to get rid of a relaxer.

I transitioned for 8 or 9 months wearing weaves and wigs. This helped TREMENDOUSLY as I didn't have the faintest idea what to do with my natural hair at the time, and was actually afraid to wear it out for a long time. I had just never worn it like that before. Wigs are especially great, because you can experiment with every color, texture and length you can think of without damaging your hair. I have about 10 or so wigs now, and I still love the options I have with them. There are shops that you can go to that offer wig styling for free with your purchase, or you can go to a hairdresser if you want to change the wig.