Is there such a thing as a good electric...

Galadriel

pressing comb?

I have a friend who wants to press her hair at home but is turned off by the idea of the stove top pressing comb. She wants to use an electric pressing comb. Are there any good brands out there? Or is it just not a good idea altogether?

Thanks!

naturalgurl

Yeah! I want to know too. I bought one for a few bucks and was really happy. I haven't used it though. I came back here to read how PinkSkates uses hers and she said something about setting it on low/med and mine doesn't have a selection. It's just on and off. You should have seen my face when I realized it. I felt like someone who had a snowball shipped from the North pole(empty wet box). No good!

ShaniKeys

My sister bought two from the US and when it finally shipped, it worked one time and then never again. One is a Gold n Hot ceramics and the other one is from Lava tech, I hope there are better ones out there.

Last edited:

Galadriel

My sister bought two from the US and when it finally shipped, it worked one time and then never again. One is a Gold n Hot ceramics and the other one is from Lava tech, I hope there are better ones out there.

Yikes, I hope it's not a lost cause :perplexed. I gave her some products today and she seems really open.

justsimply

I have a gold n hot. I had it from way back. I bought it when I was natural years ago (I've since, relaxed, transitioned, bc'd and am natural again). When I thought about locing I gave all my heat haircare items away save that pressing comb. I really love it. It has a temp control on it and wasn't too expensive.