Is this considered shoulder length

Caramel Jewel

Okay....when I bc'd the stylist told me my hair was the same length all around....(stretched it's just over three inches)....now when she was cutting it, I was watching her in the mirror...while she stretched out my hair I told her the back looks longer ...but she said that was just the illusion...now, today when I stretch the hair closest to my neckline it touches my shoulder but the rest obviously doesn't.....hummmm :rolleyes:

Okay....when I bc'd the stylist told me my hair was the same length all around....(stretched it's just over three inches)....now when she was cutting it, I was watching her in the mirror...while she stretched out my hair I told her the back looks longer ...but she said that was just the illusion...now, today when I stretch the hair closest to my neckline it touches my shoulder but the rest obviously doesn't.....hummmm :rolleyes:

I can't tell you if that's SL or not.

But if all your hair is say, 7 inches, then it's going to be at different lengths depending on where it is on your scalp. For example, 7 inches in the back may make the back reach SL, while 7 inches at the crown will only reach your neck.

i dunno. some people claim their new length once a small portion of the hair reaches it. others wait a little longer. to each their own.

if your stylist said it was an illusion, i would proly say you're almost there but not there yet.

3 inches is different for everyone. I know your word is all you got but a pic would help in judging. BT everyone's interpretation of shoulder is also different.

i dunno. some people claim their new length once a small portion of the hair reaches it. others wait a little longer. to each their own.

if your stylist said it was an illusion, i would proly say you're almost there but not there yet.

Yup it's all personal preference. Some people claim a length after 3 strands in their nape barely touch it while others wait until a portion of their hair goes past it.

Personally, I don't claim anything until my crown has reached it. So right now, my nape is past APL but my crown is still neck length...it's really really uneven but I don't care about that.

Anyway, you can claim it whenever you want to...just know that there's always going to be someone who disagrees with you.

And you can't ask folks to tell you what length you are without showing a picture. That just doesn't make sense.

I didn't think it was necessary....and I don't have time to do that now....it's late.....

I think it's very necessary:ohwell: so basing it on what you're saying. I visualize that you are not shoulder length. I could be wrong. but how would one know with out a picture:rolleyes:?

why should I post a pick of me stretching a small section of my hair......I think doing that is pointless.... and I'm certainly not going to blow this stuff out..... at least not now....

I have seen people asking to hair type them based on 2 weeks of new growth

and I have seen people who are clearly NL in their pics asking if they are APL yet

but I have never ever seen a person asking for a length check without pictures.

Where is Auburn :lachen:

Here you go:
measurements9gnis8.th.jpg

and I have seen people who are clearly NL in their pics asking if they are APL yet

interesting observation:look:

Lmao I was in the background like wtf?

You may want to ask this question again when you feel like bothering to show a picture. Since we can't see it, we can't judge, and if we can't judge we can't help you who wants the answer. Based on your description i wouldn't know what to tell you.

why should I post a pick of me stretching a small section of my hair......I think doing that is pointless.... and I'm certainly not going to blow this stuff out..... at least not now....

To be fair it is difficult for folk to ascertain and give you a yay or nay about your hair length. In order to to give an accurate assessment it's best to show a pic. Perhaps when it's not so late...

Back