Whose goal is shoulder length?

Serei

And how far are you from that goal? It seems like everyone is an inch or two from bra strap or aiming towards waist length. It is making me feel a little discouraged. My goal is shoulder length and I hope (crossing fingers) that I will be there by February 2004 at the latest. Right now my hair is around 13 inches, roughly 2-3 inches away from shoulder length. Where are all of the above shoulder length women?

inthepink

Probably not what you're looking for but I have a goal for my natural (new growth) hair to reach shoulder length. I think at that point, I'll be ready to chop off the relaxed ends.

Serei

That doesn't make me feel better for some reason. That actually makes me feel worse.
Thanks alot! (j/k)

diamondlady

My goal is also shoulder length. I don't think I would know what to do with waist length or bra clasp length hair. I once got braids that was almost waist length and it just got in the way.

PapillionRouge

Dont feel bad honeyriocket!
My goal is shoulder length, and Im almost there. I cut my hair to the same length as ur recent pic. I just recently was able to make a ponytail!

Ginn1

My goal is also shoulder legnth for now. Serei, we're in the same boat. I also had my hair cut vey short and shaved in the back around the beginging of the year and am currently sporting a chin legnth bob. I also hope to be at shoulder legnth by Jan./Feb. 04. I really believe that once I can truly bun my hair I wil retain more legnth than I am now. I am also transitioning. My last relaxer was in May. I have been wearing a wig, flat ironing, and wearing a sorry braidout. I my hair is really quite healthy but I feel at times I am forced to manipulate to often. How are you wearing your hair? I need ideas for protective styles I can do at home.I also plan to try rollersetting in the near future. Keep me posted on your progress.

Islandgirl

my first goal is shoulderlength! i'm slowly approaching there...like you i want to be there for sure by february 2004. And just like ginn1 stated, i think when i approach that length, i will bun like crazy to get those extra inches quicker. My hair was cut last october just a little below my ears [but the left back side of my hair dropped out from a relaxer application, so i had to wait for that side to catch up-that's why it took longer for me to grow it to shoulderlength, than the last time i was in high school ( i remember my hair was shoulderlength way before the years was up in high school)]

UmSumayyah

Well, my final goal is bra-strap, but my first goal is to have even the shortest hairs come to my shoulder. They are at least 4 inches from that. If bra-strap proves to be more trouble than its worth I'll be happy at shoulder length. I probably would be anyway. I never really thought my hair could get that long, so anything else is just gravy.

northernbelle

Here's one!

I have no real desire for hair that is longer than shoulder length.

Given the texture of my hair - which is fine - longer than shoulder length would look straggly.

Thus, my ultimate goal is shoulder-length hair.

northernbelle

Serei

Ditto Ginn and Island! Once I can get to shoulder length I imagine my next goal won't be very far off. It took me less than six months to get from shoulder length to arm pit length the first time using protective styles. Right now I wear clip on buns and drawstring ponytails, (which I really hate). I am really hating this length. It's an awkward length to wear out with barely any protective styling options. I agree waist length is a bit too much for me. If I ever decide to grow my hair out that long it would only be to prove to myself that I can. I don't imagine I would keep it that length. I am going to put braids back into my hair next week. I agree that this length encourages too much manipulation. I can't leave any style in my hair for over a day without a ton of gel, but I can't leave a ton of gel in my hair for over a day either so I end up washing my hair everyday, which is added manipulation, so I tie my hair up, but then here comes the gel again. It's a never ending cycle. I am going to keep rebraiding my hair until the end of the winter. I want to surprise myself when I do finally reach my goal.

CaramelKiss

Shoulder length- natural is my second goal. To be honest I don't know how long that will be because of the curl factor. My hair is almost touching my neck now, but when I flat iron it, the back of my hair touches my shoulders. I am thinking perhaps by next May or June I will have accomplished this goal. We will see.

Best of luck to u and to all the other ladies who are striving for this goal!!!

brandy

My 1st hair goal is shoulder length and I only have 2.5 to 3 inches measuring from the scalp to the tips. I cannot put my hair in a pony 'cause of its length so I am currently wearing wigs to protect it from the weather. I belive by September 2004 I will be shoulder length. So be encouraged since your hair goal would be reached in Febuary not September!.

Ipanema

Well, my immediate goal is to have the hair on the top of my head to reach shoulder length. My hair in the back is already past shoulder length when straightened & the sides are brushing my shoulders. My ultimate goal is bra-strap, though.

jade3

My hair currently reaches shoulder length when stretched since I have about 5-5.5" of natural hair and 3" of permed hair. I'd like to get about 2.5" of natural hair which would make my hair comfortably shoulder length when stretched. I should be there by the end of January.