Is this heat damage?

Nappy_in_the_City

I recently went to a salon to get my hair straightening... after a week I washed it and I'm noticing that there are still straight parts to my hair. There is no shrinkage or curling up as usual. Is this heat damage or should I do a few more washes... should I notify salon... Help!

Neek-a-Nator

Yes, it does sound like heat damage....had it before and what you describe it sounds exactly the same. Hopefully it's not that much hair......sorry.

Nappy_in_the_City

Should I notify the salon I went to... they claimed they could treat natural hair without damaging it. If this is heat damage I am going to go off!

It's huge sections of hair, I'm hoping if I wash it again... it'll... come back.
Why me...

beans4reezy

It does sound like heat damage, but do you have pics to be sure? And yes, if the salon does advertise the ability to style natural hair without damaging, you need to let them know right away what they did to you. How long ago was your salon visit?

LovinLea

doesn't it sometimes take more than a few washes and conditioning before the straight pieces curl back up?