Natural heat damage.

Niapb

So I used to be a natural who straightened every two weeks. Over the summer I stopped straightening, I also wore box braids up until about a month or two ago. I've straightened maybe twice since then. But I've noticed, I have some BONE straight ends. And it's bugging me because my natural, not heat damaged hair is perfectly healthy, but the heat damaged parts break a lot and are hard to work with so I feel like it's setting me back. I want to chop them off but some of them are a good length of my hair, and I'm not trying to do a big chop here so I'm waiting. Any other naturals with heat damage? How do you take care of the damaged hair?

nappystorm

I have heat damaged pieces around my parameter. I got a sew in got my sister's wedding. I left out my edges so I wouldn't look like Naomi Campbell when I removed it. Well I ended up damaging my dang hair anyway. There is one piece that's perfectly straight and some pieces that are Type 2ish.
I did a couple of sets of box braids and a Aphrogee treatment. That didn't work. I'm going to do a long term transition. I'm going to nix the heat and do rollersets for at least a year and slowly start trimming off those damaged ends when I reach full BSL. And I've started doing a steam treatment with a hot towel and a plastic cap every time I wash.

ms.blue

I have heat damage around my perimeter also and I pay more attention to the area more. For example, I'll will apply my more conditioner to that area more (moisture or protein), moisturize extra and seal....pretty much baby that area. I was slowly trimming the heat damage area but since it doesn't break at all, I decided just to leave it.

lettieg27

OP I think you should incoporate more products with ceramides in them such as grapeseed oil, and wheat germ oil. I have used these products on my heat damage and it really helped restore my curl pattern. The ceramides will help the damaged cuticles.

KSand

I have heat damage in the front portion of my head. When I initially starting taking care of my hair last summer there were straight pieces all over. Regular aphogee 2 step treatments and henna have helped strengthen my hair and my hair is now curly in the back. Now all I can do is wait until the damaged portions grow out and snip them off...

QueenFee

Yup my hair is a mixed bag, my HD ends make me so mad because as I progress my fro gets bigger and thicker and I got these dang strings of HD hair hanging from the ends of my natural. The problem for me is that 70% of my hair is natural but the front has 6 inches natural and the ends are like 4 to 5 inches of HDH so if I cut it it will be so uneven. People are telling me to cut them off and I have been inch by inch but I figure, I've made it 7months into my transition so what's another 4 or 5 to get the results I want? Maybe seems backwards but I'm trying my best to stick to my original plan even tho I snipped of some today =). HHG

CurlyDiggy

During my transition I wore weaves my leave out area (horse shoe) is completely heat damage that I had to cut it down to the NG. I tried everything protein , moisture and nothing has helped. My twist outs look horrible with the straight pieces sticking up. The worst part is the NG is not the same texture as my hair was before the heat damage. I had waves now im left with frizz. Anyone experience this??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Long Hair Care Forum App