Is this it for 'X' (the app formerly known as Twitter)?

Black Ambrosia

Wow to all of the above. I haven't bought a Tesla but do own his stock. May just sell what stock I have at a loss to offset some other gains on others.
I considered owning stock but never bought it. I was looking into options but didn't know enough to take the plunge. I would probably sell now if I owned any. Seeing how things are going at Twitter and reading those tweets on how he's done business in the past leaves me with no confidence in his leadership.

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity
I considered owning stock but never bought it. I was looking into options but didn't know enough to take the plunge. I would probably sell now if I owned any. Seeing how things are going at Twitter and reading those tweets on how he's done business in the past leaves me with no confidence in his leadership.
Yeah I got in really early in 2017 (about $20 a share - or at least that's my cost basis - maybe the stock split at some point?) so I'm actually way ahead so will hold for a bit more to see if he comes to his senses. But I am so disappointed in him - I didn't realize he was basically another Trump. Reading those tweets and considering that the success of Tesla likely had a lot to do with being first to market and on the backs of the engineers, and not likely in any way due to his inspiring leadership makes me realize its just the over inflated male ego doing what it does yet again.

Last edited:

awhyley

I've heard of the blue checkmark, but what was with the gray checkmark? Either way, it's gone now.
(eta: NVM, the label was supposed to indicate whether the social-media company has verified the authenticity of an account).

Elon Musk Says Twitter Is Ditching Gray ‘Official’ Check Mark Hours After Launching It​

Link: https://www.wsj.com/articles/twitte...-label-to-verify-certain-accounts-11668008210
- Article behind a paywall. Going to find another one.

Here's a full article. Link: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/08/tech/twitter-gray-check-mark/index.html

Black Ambrosia

I know Twitter wasn't profitable before but what was it's financial state? Was it as dire as he's making it seem or is it newly terrible as a result of his actions? My understanding is that Twitter was paying for itself but nothing extra. That's not great for business but it's not all doom and gloom like seems to be the situation now.

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity
I suspect it's the high profile users leaving (despite it being because of his general mismanagement) that are causing him to recalculate what he can recoup from his ill advised purchase. It's really easy being a billionaire douchebag when all you're surrounded by are sycophants and there's not a lot on the line. He likely doesn't listen to anyone who voices an opinion that differs from his knee-jerk reactions (like his idol, Cheeto Mussolini.)

It's also harder when the little people can also vote with their eyeballs and leave. :look:

Lessons from the book of "Mouth writing checks you think you can cash, but ultimately can't" playbook.

And I'm here for it. :evillaugh:

awhyley

Wow to all of the above. I haven't bought a Tesla but do own his stock. May just sell what stock I have at a loss to offset some other gains on others.

Same here, it was on my purchase list for the end of the year. Re-thinking the whole thing now.