Is this true about Sabino Moisture Block?

Misshairdiva

This was copy and pasted from the sabino.com site:
The best thermo protector​
We recommend turning your ceramic flat iron up to 450 degrees​
only when using
Moisture Block on your hair. No other product can make that statement. Because you
can use higher temperatures, styling time is cut in half. The high temperature pushes
Moisture Block deeper into the hair shaft creating even more protection. Flat irons that
only reach 400 degrees forces the user to go over the hair several times burning off
surface products, especially water-soluble thermo controllers, until the iron is burning

raw hair. This is how hair breaks, splits and becomes so damaged it cannot gain length.

naturalmanenyc

I've read that, including on the Sabino literature, but I have never used my flat iron at 450 for Sabino. I only get as high as 430 with my Maxiglide for my BKT.

mscocoface

I don't know of anyone who has used SMB with that setting. If they have I am sure they will chime in.

I tried it back in March and I can tell you I did not even get close to that setting. Could be the reason why my hair was not real straight.

akgirl

I use it regularly now, and I tried it at the 450 once and it just felt like way too much heat to me! Plus even if their product claims are true you have to be absolutely sure you coat every strand with it. I can't guarantee that to myself. I just use my regular GHD which heats to somewhere around 370, but does a great job with sabino and my 4b hair gets relaxer straight.

doriannc

i used it once when I did a damp to dry set on my chi. My hair came out really straight and I'm natural. I was a little paranoid though about the straightness, but when I washed my hair, my curls came back. So yes it does protect your hair against high heat, although I can't remember the setting of Chi. I just wouldn't recommend doing the SMB and flat iron everyday, b/c I think you will still get hair damage.

Misshairdiva

Is there anyone that flat irons using Sabino Moisture Block every week? Like just once a week? Do you think my hair would be ok if I used smb and flat ironed once a week? I have grown my hair too long to damage it now!

glamazon386

Is there anyone that flat irons using Sabino Moisture Block every week? Like just once a week? Do you think my hair would be ok if I used smb and flat ironed once a week? I have grown my hair too long to damage it now!

I think flat ironing once a week is too much. I'd do it every 2 weeks.

Nonie

(Ahem) *taps mike* While I have never used Sabino Moisture Block, John Frieda's spray and serum worked well for me at 446 degrees. My hair didn't burn and in fact that press was the first time I didn't smell burning protein when pressing my hair, afterward, or even on the day I wet it. So granted my iron heats up to 4 degress below the 450 SMB boasts of, but if that statement was made by the SMB people themselves, er...can you really expect them to say anything else but that theirs is the best? *shrug*

I agree pressing weekly would be too much IMO.