Is your hair like your mothers?

Is your hair like your mother or father?

• Hair like moms

Votes: 149 32.5%
  • Hair like dads

Votes: 310 67.5%

• Total voters
both my parents have 4a hair - mommy very dense fine hair Daddy thin fine 4a,
the ladies on mommys side of the family (my aunts) tend to have dense hair, my aunts on daddys side of the fam tend to have medium/thin fine hair

my hair is 4b dense (from mommy) and coarse (from who knows)
my sister has 4a hair with medium/thin fine strands of hair - her hair is more a mixture of my parents hair

literally 1 strand of my hair is like 2 x the size of my sister and moms hair

and I hope I dont get the balding pattern from my daddy 'cause he just has a lil tuft of hair at his nape now lololol .... which he still spends 10 miniutes brushing lolololololol

My father has very soft hair, like a 3b. I have more of my mothers 4a/b hair.
Same here. My father's family has long 3abc hair. My father has 3c. My mother has 4b I would say. And it's fine and splits easily. I think I inherited her hair type, thickness and texture.

I dont know the number of my hair and I'm done trying to figure it out. My mom hair looks like kanekalon hair in the straight pack...and she still gets relaxers smh...

My hair is crazy...no where near hers. Lol.

On a good note...I got my older sis to go natural with me!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

I'm not sure my hair is quite like either of my parents. But my hair texture is closer to my dad's. My mom is a 4b, my dad is a 4a, and I would say that I'm 3c/4a.

My mom's a 3b and I'm a 4a so not even close. I have no clue what type of hair my dad has. Probably a type 4...

Sent from my ADR6350 using ADR6350

Mother's 3b, Father's 4a. I pretty much got him except for a patch on top that's a looser 4a/3c thingy. Its definitely not 3b though.

My mom is has fine 3b/c hair, and my dad doesn't really have hair lol. But from what I can see he's a 4a with extremely soft cottony hair. I voted dad, but my hair is not naturally soft w/o product/technique.

No. My mother's hair strands are thin, fine and not dense at all. My hair strands are fine to medium with a good amount of density. Not as thick as I would like but far from beinig thin.

I think I'm a mix. My Mom is 4a without a doubt. My dad is somewhere in the 3's. It seems like I'm mostly 4a, with some 3c and a few straight patches thrown in for fun. My brother takes after our Mom and is 4a.

Neither. My dad is a 4A and he has MBL locks. My mom is a 3a with a tiny bit of 3b. My sister and I are both 3c/4a.

My dad has tightly coiled hair while my mother has very heavy thick black hair, fairly curly. I have mousy brown , fine thin strands. I do not know hair type but hair is loosely coiled when wet, I try in braids or knots which I end up really with no real curl pattern just a bad looking flat iron job.

Don't daughters tend to inherit strongly from their father's genes (vice versa for sons to mothers)? I think us kids got a little from both but my sis I seem to have closer to dad's texture (high volume, defined curls). Sis got more of Mom's fine strand texture though. But then again, she just happens to take more after Mom feature-wise than Dad (she's the last one for my Mom) unlike me (First girl & child for Dad).

I inherited my dads hair type 3C. My daughter inherited my hair type but, hers is a softer texture than mine. She may have some 3B too.

my hair is like my father's. i was told by my mother that it is like my father's. i have never seen her natural hair before. and in old pics, she had a blow out fro, or it was pressed. my son has hair like me and my daughter has hair like her aunt (dad's side of the family)

I have hair like my dad. My mom's hair is thin with really defined curls, meanwhile my is thick, course, 4b hair.

Nope her curls are 3b/c. Mine is 3c/4a. My sis is 4a/b.

However. My paternal grandma said that her dad had naturally curly hair. I'm not really sure about anyone else. I'm the only one next to my cousin that is natural

Back