Is Your Hair Longer Than It's Ever Been? Please Post B/A Pics!

bride91501

Hello guys- I'm a newbie....only about 6 weeks into my LHHJ.

I have never had hair longer than Neck Length. EVER- even as a child. And although I'm now firmly set with my regimen and I can feel the results in mine and my 3 daughters' hair, a part of me is still skeptical that I can ever actually meet my ultimate goal of WL hair :perplexed

Are there any former "short hair-lifers" out there who have grown their hair longer than it's ever been with the help of HH practices? How did you do it?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE post any before & after pics- a before pic of your max length before LHCF and HH practices, and an after pic of your length now.

Thanks, guys!

africanqueen456

Girl hair grows...UNLESS you are dead or sick..No matter whether you have had short hair in the past...For almost ten years I had damaged neck length hair and I had mutiple bald patches...from braids and relaxers and stress....Since wearing protective styles and incoprating more moisture my hair is prolly as long as it has ever been(I had apl/bsb hair as a natural when I was younger)
In this pic I was past apl but I am transitioning so there is a lot of shrinkage
...I have been maintaing at apl for a year so I never trimmed about 4 1/2 inches I would have bsl hair!:ohwell:
But anyway You just have to stick to your regimen .Im sure other ladies will chime in soon...But you grow waist length even past it...Having textured hair doesnt mean you cant be waist length hun! If you do not believe it no one else will...If I who had been nl for most of my life can have my hair longer than it has ever been and believe me I was skeptical too you surely can do...

bride91501

Thanks AfricanQueen.... I know everything you're saying is right. And most days I believe it. It's just some days I think I'm gonana lose my mind waiting for my hair to grow, and then I think "What if it never does?"

I know how crazy this sounds....that's why I needed this thread to bring me back to reality lol.

Bring on the stories & pics sisters!

latingirly020488

Very nice! Did u do anything to thicken up the ends? U have made some great progress!

thanks kaykay!! What I did was start fresh and cut my ends. I didnt want to at first which is why my hair still looked a hot mess in January 2008. So after I cut up the ends I bunned my hair most of the time and would oil the ends at night when needed with coconut oil.

Last edited:

Bun Mistress

there are already some sensaional pictures on here but why not..
This is when I joined.

And this is now

Attachments

• phpFpZ5drPM.jpg
    phpFpZ5drPM.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 174

Toy

OMG Toy....I'm about to cry looking at all that fabulous hair of yours!! I have SO many questions!!

-Did you start your HHJ in 2003?
-What is your regimen?
-What have you done to retain so much growth?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

Thank you

Naw it took me about 3 more years to wake up and see there was a problem.

2 times a week condition wash /deep condition under a heat cap for about 30 mins to an hour

I use these products in rotation Wen Fig cleansing Conditioner,Aussie moist conditioner,Aussie 3 min conditioner,Joico Moisture Receovery,Joico Kpak moisture Hydration,Ors Replenshing Conditioner

No Shampoo Airdry only i only Flatiron when checking Length

Moisturizers i use in Rotation S-curl,Proline Softner Moisturizer,Qhemet root burdock Butter,Qhemet olive honey balm,Hairveda WHipped Ends

Once a week i use Porosity control to help control my Porosity

I use protein after a relaxer or when my hair feels mushy or unnormal breakage

I Relax Every 12wks with Dark & Lovely Relaxer.

I also have alot more Conditioners than i Have listed My Hair Loves Moisturizing Conditioners & Deep conditioners

My Hair Type 4b

All i've been doing is conditioning washes Protective styling and keep up with the moisture & Protein balance and staying away from the heat.HTH

Sianna

Thanks for this thread OP, I am in the same boat as you and would like to hear some great success stories!

My hair has never been past neck length either and in the past I doubted that it ever could be. I had basically given up, deciding that I just didn't have "that" kind of hair. :ohwell:

Now that I have learned and implemented healthier hair practices, I am cautiously optimistic that I will see SL and beyond. I have already seen great improvement in my "trouble spot" and so I am just hoping that things will continue to progress smoothly. The waiting is killing me though! :rolleyes:

jupitermoon

Yes. This is the longest my hair has ever been in my entire life and I am SO excited.

Shoulder length early 2004:

March 2010:

Here's my recent length check pic---July 4, 2010:

^^^^Prior to this the longest my hair has ever been was waist length during my early teen years---and that only lasted for about a year or so.

I started actively growing my hair out back in 2007. I was about bra strap during this time. I grew my hair by transitioning to natural, co washing and using regular conditioner as a leave in. I also finger comb my hair only while wet and with conditioner; I think this low manipulation has been most helpful for me.

supermodelsonya

My hair after a setback in March of 2009 and now

Attachments

• P3100181.jpg
    P3100181.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Photo on 2010-06-28 at 21.16 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2010-06-28 at 21.16 #2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 134

MariposaSexyGirl

Wow, Mariposa! Awesome progress. So was your starting pic in 2006, the longest your hair had ever been?

Yep :yep: The longest my hair was, was apl. I think there was a time it grew a bit longer but it was soooo jacked and way uneven that it would always get trimmed back up to apl.

bride91501

Thank you guys SO MUCH for constantly serving as inspiration. I know the other LHCF newbies and I appreciate it, cuz it keeps our hope alive! LOL

Keep the pics and stories coming....we're listening!

africanqueen456

Thanks AfricanQueen.... I know everything you're saying is right. And most days I believe it. It's just some days I think I'm gonana lose my mind waiting for my hair to grow, and then I think "What if it never does?"

I know how crazy this sounds....that's why I needed this thread to bring me back to reality lol.

Bring on the stories & pics sisters!

Thats is true.I used to feel the same way but u never stop believing.you shud also go on youtube and search progress pics....as well on here....A lot ladies who have learned from this site are posting their results on youtube...Their before and afters will blow you away!lol. But I cant for you to post your progress pics girly...hhg!!