ISO Bra Strap Length Hair? I am!

If so, what form do u use, consume, etc.?

• a particular shampoo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a particular conditioner

• a particular moisturizer

• a particular vitamin/other

• Total voters

AudraChanell

If so, please post your regimens and recommendations here. I am currently 4-5 inches away from my bra strap clasp, which is almost a year of growth needed to reach my goal. I would like to know what like-minded sisters are doing. BRA STRAP LENGTHERS, please post as well. WHAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR REGIMEN? List your staple product. Thanks!

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
What is ISO?

[/ QUOTE ]

ISO = In Search Of

AudraChanell

LOL, thanks! It does mean "In Search Of" I am using way too many things. I think I have purchased everything on the market, so much so, that I won't know what's what. I am doing and using so many things for my hair because I am an official card carrying member of the Product Junkies. I have (just too name a few):

Alter Ego Revitalizing drops
Salerm products (including 21)
10 en 1/12 en 1
Grait Oil products
Different Wheat Germs (including Salerm)
Surge (Power Wash and 14)
The List goes on and on ...
I need to get it together, and fast! HELP!!

Boadicea

I put particular conditioner (Kenra MC, Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal)

and particular moisturizer (Salerm 21, NTM Serum, monoi oil)

melodee

None of the above, the most important part is constant moisture through washes/CO washes. I got alot of growth this way and by braiding. This summer I fared much worse b/c I wasn't diligent about these things.

amy1234

I think that in order to have healthy hair it should be clean (shampoo) and well moisturized from deep conditioning.

sengschick

The Bun Master
That would be me... desperately in search of
. But I'll get there. I think I'm about 4-5" away, which depends on how much I trim, b/c I want my ends to keep my ends lush. I'm hoping it won't take a full year from this point. I plan to get there by first year hair-versary on LHCF, 3/05.

The plan is simple.

1) No heat. I need to trim now and an opportunity to look @ my straightened ends, so I'm having a Dominican @ the 6 mos. w/o heat mark. I'll also get to measure and assess my progress and hair health. After that I'm back on the horse.

2) Stay Moisturized. For me this means frequent rinsing. When it gets cold I won't do it daily, but every other day at night as long as I don't get
. If I can't wash as often I'll keep it moist w/conditioner. Style is such an after-thought right now.

3) Consistency. I have products that I love and work for me right now. I plan on riding it out. Maybe I'll buy one more serum
and something from the NTM line.
But that's it!!!!

4) Stay on the supplements. Right now I'm using Viviscal, but I know I'll get an inch a month at least w/it. So I'll keep paying awhile longer. I may cycle back to the Phyto suppl. at some point, but I don't want to risk it when it's cold and hair growth is slower anyway.
I'll figure it out, but I need a supplement to get an inch a month and that's the only way I'm going to dust my bra anytime soon!!!

dreemssold

I'm 4" away, and desperately seeking bra-strap

I am doing frequent shampooing (usually twice a week, but right now, 1-2 times a day because I am surging).

I don't use heat, and haven't used it regularly for over the past decade.

Nexxus Therappe and Humectress, although I use other shampoos and conditioners, these are my faves.

Deep conditioners with LeKair Cholesterol or Motions CPR.

64 oz. of water daily.

Vitamins, eggs, and carrot juice (I am not consistent with these, and I really need to be).

Protective buns.

My downfall is being consistent. Sometimes, I get my hair done, and don't want to wash because I like my hair being done. This also means I'm not wearing my protective styles at this time. If I can get past want to wear my hair out and getting discouraged, I could probably actually get there, and stop being iso

AudraChanell

Why does Surging require 1-2 poos a day? I purchased the product last week, so I just started using it. But I still only poo 1-2 times a week. Help me understand. Thanks !

dreemssold

LOL...see, Audra, here's the thing...I don't think it does actually require 1-2 shampoos per day...I think I might be being a little crazy. When I first surged, I read the instructions: "For best results, shampoo hair and use twice a day". I read that to mean wash twice a day and surge, then later, I realized, it probably didn't mean that. I kept it up; however, because I had good results doing that, AND because so many people were having problems with flaking, dry hair, etc, that I didn't have using my method, so I just stuck to it. Most of the washes are conditioner, anyway, so I figured it could only help.

Mariaat40

I guess I'd also have to say none of the above. I don't think it's a particular product necessarily as much as good hair care in general - minimizing heat, conditioner washes, protective styles, keeping ends moisturized, and trimming only when necessary.

AudraChanell

I agree. I have never retained my 5-6 inches of a previous year's growth because I would always cut hair for one reason or another. I want to be able to retain my hair ends as I continue to grow out and hopefully a healthy regimen can give me just that.