Close to Bra Strap? Come on let's GROW!!!

Re: Close to Bra Strap? Come on let\'s GROW!!!

1. How far are you from bra strap? I am 3.5 inches away from the top of my braclasp.

2. What is your hair type? My hairtype is 3C/B.

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning? I am newly relaxed as of October of this year.

4. What is your current routine? Wash once a week. Deep Condition on week four with a Protein treatment. And after I blowdry and/or flatiron my hair I put it up in a bun. I am in the V-challenge.

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth? I take Vitamins for the hair. I take Flax Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Biotin, A regular Centrum Multi-vitamin, Silica, MSM, and Vitamin C.

6. When are you striving to reach your goal? I hope to reach my goal by April or May of 2004.

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far? For me I have to say buns, and extra care with combing and handling. I used to comb and if I hit a tangle, I would just plow through it losing hairs in the process. Now I detangle, and I try to keep my hands out of my hair. I also have started doing massages.

1. How far are you from bra strap?
About 2-3 inches

2. What is your hair type?
4a/b

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning?
I am relaxed

4. What is your current routine?
CO wash everyday with drug store conditioners..mainly salon selectives. Spray at night with surge. I use watery leave ins such as pantene and use vaseline to seal. I use wild growth on the ends every now and again. I also sleep with a satin cap.

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth?
I am taking kaire msm

6. When are you striving to reach your goal?
I am hoping to be at bra strap by the end of march.

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far?
CO washes. More water, More better.

BUMP!
wink.gif

I just pulled my hair down, and it's actually more than an inch I have to go! That beech trimmed more than I expected last Friday, and I didn't even ask her for that trim! I'm such an idiot!
cry3.gif

So now, it looks like I'm away from bra-strap by about 2 inches.
frown.gif

It's AWN!
whip.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
I just pulled my hair down, and it's actually more than an inch I have to go! That beech trimmed more than I expected last Friday, and I didn't even ask her for that trim! I'm such an idiot!
cry3.gif

frown.gif

It's AWN!
whip.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Karonica, I'll hold her down and you take the scissors from her
rofl.gif

3 inches

4a/b

relaxed

Deep condition once a week, heat no more than 1x a week, spritzing with water mixed with V05 conditioner and sealing with ORS Olive Oil when it is dry, alternate CON and Optimum Super Protecting Shampoo once a week

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth?
GNC Teens Multivitamin

I plan to hit brastrap June 2004

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far?
Protective styling, moisture, massages, and less heat

UPDATE - I washed, air dryed, and flat ironed last night. I'm happy to report that now I'm officially 3 INCHES AWAY FROM BRA STRAP!!! Wow, the shrinkage with my transitioning was really affecting my measurements!
bouncy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
cry3.gif

frown.gif

It's AWN!
whip.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the
clap.gif
Karonica!!! I need all the encouragement I can get!!!

And as for that ***** that cut your hair when you didn't ask for it..., which do you want to do first? Prank call
phone.gif
, yell at her
orders.gif
, tell her off
naughty.gif
, cuss her a$$ out
swearing.gif
,whip her
whip.gif
, spank her
spank.gif
, moon her
moon.gif
, beat her down
hammer.gif
, or slap her in the eye with a doggone fish?
fishslap.gif
I believe in options when someone messes with the hair, so let me know how you want it to go down! That'll be me at the back door dressed in all black!
sekret.gif
rofl.gif

Okay, you can drive the get-away car after I toss a grenade in there.
rofl.gif

Last time I checked I was about 4in away. I had a set back in August (cut 4inches) and my hair has been up ever since. I'm gonna relax in two weeks and then I can post my exact measurements. I just wear my hair in a bun or ponytail and keep the ends protected. Lots of moisture and frequent rinsing for me. S Curl, coconut oil, and Razac perfect for perms are my best friends right now. I'll see where I am after I relax.

[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:
I wanted to start a thread for those who are close to bra strap, so we can check in and encourage each other!
up.gif
up.gif
up.gif
It's a good way to stay motivated, b/c it's easy to get discouraged when you're almost there!
smile.gif
For those close to bra strap, please check in and answer the following questions:[ QUOTE ]

1. How far are you from bra strap? ABOUT 2 INCHES

2. What is your hair type? 4A MOSTLY

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning? TEXTURIZED

4. What is your current routine? WEEKLY CONDITIONER WASHES, BIWEEKLY WASHES, BUNS

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth? YES, SUPPLEMENTS: GNC HSN, AMINO ACID COMPLEX, B-COMPLEX, COD LIVER OIL, CHLORELLA

6. When are you striving to reach your goal? MAY. AUGUST THE LATEST.

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far? I CAN'T REALLY SAY, MY HAIR IS ALWAYS AROUND THIS LENGTH

I could've sworn I had responded to this already, but looks like I didn't!

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
***3inches (i think this is the first time in my life that 3 inches just seemed like too much
smirk.gif
)

***4a/b definitely more b than a i think
smile.gif

***Relaxed --not transitioning

***Wash once a week with CON w/ green and yellow label
***Deep Condition w/ Queen Helene Cholesterol after shampoo
***Blowdry w/ comb attachment starting with hair underneath and working my way up so i don't use too much heat by trying to blowdry all my hair at once.
***oil my scalp(yeah that's what i said
shocked.gif
) w/ UltraSheen Anti-Itch Hairdress with Tea Tree Oil after blowdrying so my scalp doesnt itch and get dry from the heat.
***Put in a scrunchie and go
wink.gif

***No

***April 1st 2004 (hopefully I'M not the fool
rofl.gif
)

***Not using alot of heat, using seamless combs and leaving my hair alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for bumping this BahamaMama
smile.gif

Well i'm touching brastrap now so i guess i beat my goal i had of april 1st
grin.gif
so hopefully i will be 1 inch past brastrap as of april first
drunk.gif

*I no longer grease my scalp
nono.gif
it was like stopping breathing but i did it.

*I apply SmoothN'Shine Hair Polisher to my hair after blowdrying for shine and smoothness and I spray a little Isoplus Oil sheen on my hair.

Everything else is in my routine stayed the same
smile.gif
See you ladies on the other side of the brastrap
laugh.gif
--jainygirl

1. About an inch and 1/2 away.
2. 4a (patches of 3c in the back).
3. I'm relaxed
4. Once a week w CON shampoo, once a week w/o shampoo if possible. I use many different types of Conditioners. I try to airdry or wetset, but sometimes i blowdry under low/med heat. I use a variety of oils to keep my hair and scalp well lubed.

5. Yes Maxi-hair and brewers yeast.
6. I hope to meet or exceed my goal by the end of April.
7. Staying away from Scissor happy stylists. Also using minimum heat and wetting more frquently.

<font color="brown"> 3 - 4 inches!! </font>

<font color="brown"> 4a/4b </font>

<font color="brown"> I'm actually texturized (loosely permed) </font>

<font color="brown"> I wash twice a week with Creme of Nature shampoo, and I condition with Pantene deep moisturizing. I condition wash bi-weekly. I wear my hair in phonyponies &amp; buns 100% of the time. I use Soft Sheen gold as my main moisturizer with Hot Six oil on my scalp. </font>

<font color="brown"> I take my multivitamin (GNC Ultramega Gold), 5g of biotin, 5g powdered MSM, and flaxseed and evening primrose EVERYDAY! </font>

<font color="brown"> By October, 2004 </font>

<font color="brown"> Frequent washing, conditioning, and moisturizing has really helped in addition to the protective styles... </font>

3"

3c/4a/4b

natural

I wash once a week with Creme of Nature shampoo, alternating with Suave Clarifying about once a month, I condition with Dark N Lovely Ultra Cholesterol or Lekair Cholesterol. I wear my hair in twists 75% of the time. Twistousts the other 25%. I uses DNL Citrus Braid Spray that I spray about 4x's a week and rub castor oil over it thru my twists.

Central Vite (Generic Centrum) multivitamin everyday that I can remember.

June 2004

Keeping my scalp clean, deep conditioning every week, twists(protective style), keeping heat usage to a minimum(have been using heat about once a month when I want to dry twist and not go out with a wet head)...And overall, just LEAVING MY HAIR ALONE. I mess with my hair once a week, that's it!

Yeah! Motivation in da house!

About 2-3 inches, I think

4A

Natural

Pre-shampoo olive oil hot oil treatment, weekly shampoo with non SLS shampoo, followed by Paul Mitchell The Detangler conditioner and The Conditioner leave in. Kemi Shea butter to do my twists.

I'm taking MSM, very irregularly! I am striving to improve my overall diet though and I think that helps.

Before August 2005 (plenty of time!)

Less heat on the hair; I used to blow dry after EVERY shampoo.

I'm not quiet sure because I have layers. Some parts of my hair reach my bra strap and other parts are 1-3 inches away.

My hair type is 3c-4a

I'm texturized

Co-wash 2-4 times a week. Wash once a week. DC once a week. Braids. Trim ends every 3 months. Touch-up every 4-6 months.

Sometimes.

By May 2004!!!

Just keeping everything as simple and less stessful as possible.

WOW you ladies make me proud to be a member!

Right now about 2 inches in the back but a little more on the sides and front. My back always grows faster than my sides and front.

I think 4a/b

Relaxed and proud of it!

Pre shampoo treatment with shea butter, evoo, avocado oil or jojoba oil. Condition wash every other day, shampoo and deep condition once a week. Moisturze and Surge twice a day. Braid outs, buns or french rolls 100% of the time. No heat except to deep condition. Cover hair with silk scarf and sleep on silk pillowcase.

MSM, epo, flax seed oil, biotin, vitamin e, silica, nouritress hair vitamins, centrum multi (not just for hair growth but also for overall health)

I am aiming for summer for all parts of my hair (front, back and sides) to be bra strap length.

Taking this goal seriously thus taking care of my hair like it is a treasure. Reading books and LHCF have been a huge part of my growing success.

Great Thread

hmm....not sure...7 inches I believe

I think 4a

Transitioning

1 x week hot oil treatment (currently using ALL WAYS prosper)
1 x week condition wash only, 1 x month wash with nacadit avocado shampoo. 2 x month protein treatment (ORS mayo). Wear my hair in protective styles, braidout, bun, phony tails.

MSM, chlorophyll(sp?), silica, multivit,biotin,B-5,fish oil, protein shake every morning plan on upping it to every morning and every night.

I'm currently in the 12 inches in 12 months challenge but I've fallen behind in that seeing that in 3 months my hair has only grown 2 inches. I'm shooting for Dec 2005.

Not letting anyone mistreat my hair(fine toothed combs, excessive pulling, rough detangling), treating my hair like fine silk, staying out of my hair, less heat, satin scarves.

2 inches
3b/c
transitioning
adrienne's phonytail method
vitamin c
biotin
l-cysteine
b complex
May 2004
7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far? hair clubs and the advice and support they offer.

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
1. How far are you from bra strap? I am 3.5 inches away from the top of my braclasp.

2. What is your hair type? My hairtype is 3C/B.

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning? I am newly relaxed as of October of this year.

4. What is your current routine? Wash once a week. Deep Condition on week four with a Protein treatment. And after I blowdry and/or flatiron my hair I put it up in a bun. I am in the V-challenge.

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth? I take Vitamins for the hair. I take Flax Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Biotin, A regular Centrum Multi-vitamin, Silica, MSM, and Vitamin C.

6. When are you striving to reach your goal? I hope to reach my goal by April or May of 2004.

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far? For me I have to say buns, and extra care with combing and handling. I used to comb and if I hit a tangle, I would just plow through it losing hairs in the process. Now I detangle, and I try to keep my hands out of my hair. I also have started doing massages.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boo hoo, I haven't made that much progress. It seems as though my hair has grown 1/4 of an inch for the last two months. I am still three inches away. I guess the good thing is that my sides are catching up and they are growing strong past shoulderlength.

I guess I need to start taking my vitamins again like I used to.

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
About 3 inches in the back but my sides aren't even shoulder length yet!!
cry3.gif

I had hoped to be at bra-strap by now, but my scissor-happy stylist squashed that!! Now I'm hoping to be comfortably at bra-strap by April 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yaaay!! My hair is about an inch from bra-strap now, so it looks like I just might reach my goal by April, as planned!!
weird.gif
And my sides are growing, too!!
drunk.gif

Bumping for Lindy!
Hopefully you can be encouraged by something in here!

good thread, ayanapooh.
cheers.gif

<font color="blue">about three inches.</font>

<font color="blue"> fine in texture, coils the size of a yellow #2 pencil in front and the size of a jumbo pen in the back . . . i'm an "o" daughter with some "s" squiggles. </font>

<font color="blue"> natural </font>

<font color="blue"> it varies, but i've started to stick with a routine where i conditioner wash once a week on wednesdays with nature's gate tea tree oil conditioner.

i shampoo and condition with aveda sap moss shampoo and paul mitchell the detangler once a week.

i use carol's daughter some of marguerite's magic and 911 leave in conditioner, extra dry formula for moisture. i've started to incorporate FNWL avocado butter, but i kinda like the CD SoMM better because it makes my coils look and feel more moisturized, but we'll see.

i comb through my hair once a week as well.

absolutely NO heat. </font>

<font color="blue"> i'm taking gnc ultra mega woman vitamins (with iron), one tablet once a day *usually at breakfast* </font>

<font color="blue"> i would like to reach my goal by august at the latest. i figure i'll surpass it by the end of this year when stretched or wet (even when dry for the looser texture in the back of my head). </font>

<font color="blue"> probably genetics. women in my fam have always had a lot of hair . . . it's a blessing since we're all so short in height.
lachen70.gif
but seriously, learning how to take care of my hair better along with vitamins have been a TREMENDOUS help.
grin.gif
</font>

[ QUOTE ]
BahamaMama said:
Bumping for Lindy!
Hopefully you can be encouraged by something in here!

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwww!! Thank you BahamaMama!!
kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
About 3 inches in the back but my sides aren't even shoulder length yet!!
cry3.gif

I had hoped to be at bra-strap by now, but my scissor-happy stylist squashed that!! Now I'm hoping to be comfortably at bra-strap by April 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yaaay!! My hair is about an inch from bra-strap now, so it looks like I just might reach my goal by April, as planned!!
weird.gif
And my sides are growing, too!!
drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, now I'm depressed again... It's April and NO, I'm NOT at brastrap YET!!!!
look.gif
cry3.gif
But just to try and look on the bright side
smile.gif
, my front &amp; sides are growing nicely!!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BahamaMama said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:
I wanted to start a thread for those who are close to bra strap, so we can check in and encourage each other!
up.gif
up.gif
up.gif
It's a good way to stay motivated, b/c it's easy to get discouraged when you're almost there!
smile.gif
For those close to bra strap, please check in and answer the following questions:[ QUOTE ]

1. How far are you from bra strap? ABOUT 2 INCHES

2. What is your hair type? 4A MOSTLY

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning? TEXTURIZED

4. What is your current routine? WEEKLY CONDITIONER WASHES, BIWEEKLY WASHES, BUNS

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth? YES, SUPPLEMENTS: GNC HSN, AMINO ACID COMPLEX, B-COMPLEX, COD LIVER OIL, CHLORELLA

6. When are you striving to reach your goal? MAY. AUGUST THE LATEST.

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far? I CAN'T REALLY SAY, MY HAIR IS ALWAYS AROUND THIS LENGTH

[/ QUOTE ]

UPDATE! ACHIEVED JUNE 2004! YAY!
(well, the back at least- still working on the sides and front)
Anyone else any closer?

Back