IT'S BEEN SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT INDIAN AYURVEDIC PRODUCTS GROWS HAIR FASTER!!!

caribeandiva

Human being
It says so in an article in my Allure magazine Dec. 2007 issue (with Rihanna on the cover). Scientists tested in on lab mice. They shaved the mice and the ones that were treated w/ ayurvedic products grew hair 29% faster than mice that weren't treated. Mice that were using Minodixil only grew hair 15% (or was that 19) faster.

*off to the indian stores to buy the products CandyC has been using*

Kacie

Re: IT'S BEEN SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT INDIAN AYURVEDIC PRODUCTS GROWS HAIR FASTER!

Does it say which products?

Keen

Re: IT'S BEEN SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT INDIAN AYURVEDIC PRODUCTS GROWS HAIR FASTER!

yeah, which products were used in the study?

nappity

yeah, which products were used in the study?

I'm sure that Amla and Shikakai were in there they are the two mainstays of hair ayurvedics!

DragonPearl

That's great news if it's true!! I like the fact that ayuverdic products are much safer than a lot of the hair growth remedies out there.

missty1029

Please share the products mentioned!!!!! Wonder if they will start getting expensive now that its getting more air time??:nono:

kellie7777

Just like Ojon stuff.... geeze.. it may not get expensive...
but it may become hard to get cause the
manufactoring giants :evillaugh: may push that angle

or worse we may get imitation products...:eek2:

Last edited:

phyl73

Please share the products mentioned!!!!! Wonder if they will start getting expensive now that its getting more air time??:nono:
Of course...now I'll have to try to make my own by using the acorns falling out of my trees.:lachen:

Tamrin

unapologetic

Darn it, now I have to go run and get all the Amla, Shikakai bars and vatika oils I can get. You know the prices are going to start goin up.

*Muffin*

I'm glad I jumped on the Ayurvedic bandwagon! My hair doesn't respond well to a lot of synthetic ingredients, so I try to keep my routine pretty natural. Ayurvedic products are great because they are both natural, and can be very inexpensive. A lot of powders and oils cost less than five dollars in indian stores.

phyl73

That coconut oil looks really good...I might get me some of that to add to my products. :lick:

And if you love the smell of coconut, you'll want to eat it up.:lick::yep: I put it in my baby's hair. He smells so yummy. But if you hate the smell, stay away. Sort of smells like Mounds candy bar without the chocolate.

mika vs sasha

i need a list of products- I'm going to india and I don't know what to buy.... but I'm curious to try the ayurvedic products. Right now, I'm thinking about getting some vatika oil.... any other suggestions. Not really into henna...

Rumplestiltskin

I believe this to be true as I spend a vast amount of time abroad.

I dont believe the price will increase if you continue to purchase from Indian vendors.

Indians will not increase the prices as INDIAN/ASIAN customers will refuse to purchase because they know its relatively cheap.

Most of the world uses Ayurvedic oils and such, its seems that AA women are just now catching on to this phenom.

There are many Middle Eastern & Asian women I know that use Ayurvedic oils.

kweenameena

Why is this thread about to make me run to the shower to wash my hair with my indian shampoo, condition with my neem oil conditioner, and then oil up with my amla and shikakai oils... and my rose water!:look:

caribeandiva

Human being

Does it say which products?

yeah it says they made a cream made of colocynth, giant dodder, and false daisy. Apparently these are all herbs used in ayurvedic medicine.

Kacie

yeah it says they made a cream made of colocynth, giant dodder, and false daisy. Apparently these are all herbs used in ayurvedic medicine.

With the exception of false daisy all that ish is dangerous, so I guess we won't be whipping it up :sad:.

DivaRox

:nono: So they couldn't have made a fast growing cream using stuff I already have spilling out of every possible surface. *sigh*

Oh wait, false daisy is just good ole bhringraj:yep:. I'm still not sure what a dodder is.

Starr1

Colocynth= Indrayan (not for consumption or to be used in large quantities)
Giant dodder=Amaravela (also known as Akas Bel)
False daisy= bhringaraj

BeautifulFlower

False daisy= bhringaraj

This info belongs in the Ayurveda Support Thread.

caribeandiva

Human being

:nono: So they couldn't have made a fast growing cream using stuff I already have spilling out of every possible surface. *sigh*

Oh wait, false daisy is just good ole bhringraj:yep:. I'm still not sure what a dodder is.
:lachen:nope. Life is never that easy.

caribeandiva

Human being

False daisy= bhringaraj
wow.. thanks for breaking all this down for us.

Isis

I believe this to be true as I spend a vast amount of time abroad.

I dont believe the price will increase if you continue to purchase from Indian vendors.

Indians will not increase the prices as INDIAN/ASIAN customers will refuse to purchase because they know its relatively cheap.

Most of the world uses Ayurvedic oils and such, its seems that AA women are just now catching on to this phenom.

There are many Middle Eastern & Asian women I know that use Ayurvedic oils.
ITA, including the bolded. :yep:

xstacy2

I was wondering if the alma oil have an awful scent and does it have to be washed out or wait till next wash day.

LunadeMiel

Damn you Caribeandiva for starting this thread. I was doing so well...:wallbash: I had my PJism under control.....I must not go to the Indian store this afternoon! I must not....:wallbash:

Gryphyn

Damn you Caribeandiva for starting this thread. I was doing so well...:wallbash: I had my PJism under control.....I must not go to the Indian store this afternoon! I must not....:wallbash:

LOL I'm telling myself the same thing! I was wondering how fast I can get out of work to hit up the Indian grocery store!