IT'S BEEN SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT INDIAN AYURVEDIC PRODUCTS GROWS HAIR FASTER!!!

JustKiya

Re: IT'S BEEN SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT INDIAN AYURVEDIC PRODUCTS GROWS HAIR FASTER!

Hrm - I'mma have to check the label on that hair oil I got with the 22 ayurvedic herbs in it and see if it's got these in there...... might have to start using that stuff on the REGULAR, forreal!

JustKiya

Re: IT'S BEEN SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT INDIAN AYURVEDIC PRODUCTS GROWS HAIR FASTER!

Colocynth= Indrayan (not for consumption or to be used in large quantities)
Giant dodder=Amaravela (also known as Akas Bel)
False daisy= bhringaraj

The oil I have is Ramtirth Brahmi Oil, and it doesn't appear to have any of the ingredients in it - though, I'm sure there is more than one name for the same herb.

Looks like the Hair Plus oil would be a better bet.... though I bet the combo would be off the HOOK....

Here is the link to the hair oil that contains some of those ingredients:

In particular, the "Hair Plus Oil & Heavenly Hair Oil"

http://www.tattvasherbs.com/oils.htm

I might order the Hair Plus Oil product.

Last edited:

noegirl05

I went into an indian grocery store here in dallas and they were looking at me like wtf lol I asked where the products were and I walked out with

Alma powder
Shikakai powder
Neem powder
Amla oil
Coconut oil in the blus bottle( i got a mini jug)
shikakai bar

all for under $20

Candy_C

It says so in an article in my Allure magazine Dec. 2007 issue (with Rihanna on the cover). Scientists tested in on lab mice. They shaved the mice and the ones that were treated w/ ayurvedic products grew hair 29% faster than mice that weren't treated. Mice that were using Minodixil only grew hair 15% (or was that 19) faster.

*off to the indian stores to buy the products CandyC has been using*

lol arr bout time the magazine caught on

ncie to see there scientific evidence too
the trim i had a week and a half ago is irrelevant now my hair has grow back yippee!

HOORAY for ayurveda :grin:

Candy_C

everyones ayurvedic regime sound sgreat

really u can do as you please with all ayurvedic products aslong as you wash often, oil often and massage/scritch often

InnerSoul

I am already using the Amla and Vatika indian oils... and I love them:drunk:

I pre-poo with Amla and I use Vatika to seal.

Candy_C

if ur experiencing hostility towards you by asian shop owners well then thats borderline racism!! Tell them to p*ss off!!!

You dont get that where i come from, thankfully... The owners r indian men, and i always smile try and get me a 10% discount lol

Last edited:

PrincessScorpion

if ur experiencing hostility towards you by asian shop owners well then thats borderline racism!! Tell them to p*ss off!!!

You dont get that where i come from, thankfully... The owners r indian men, and i always smile try and get me a 10% discount lol

Candy you have to remember you are in the UK and not here in the USA where the color issues are a little different.

noegirl05

Candy_C how often are you doing the ayurvedic regime? I am wondering should I be oil washing and using the water/powder mixture like every 5 days??

Candy_C

Candy_C how often are you doing the ayurvedic regime? I am wondering should I be oil washing and using the water/powder mixture like every 5 days??

yeah every 4-5 days is needed to see fast growth over the 4 weeks

otherwise once a week may push you to 5-6 weeks to see results. x

Aggie

I ordered some products from them 3 days ago and ordering was pretty easy. They are located in Canada. I spoke to David Parkin who I guessed was the owner and he was very helpful in answering the thousand questions (it seemed that many anyway) that I had. If you purchase wholesale, you can get really cool low prices, eg,. 6 - 200ml size shikakai oils for only $27. I found this same oil on another site for $16.99 for each 200ml size bottle. I was very pleased with the fact that I could purchase from this site at wholesale cost which is much cheaper to me.

They even have Jamila body art quality (BAQ1, 2, 3, and 4) henna, shikakai, amla, brahmi and aritha powders, vatika, amla, jasmine, and KTC coconut oils among other things including indigo. The only thing is everytime I put a product in the cart, a new window would open up with the newly added product so I had to close all the previous windows and keep the last opened window to check out my products. Other than that, it's great. Check it out ladies.

Aggie

Oh thanks Candy_C, this is good to know. I do want quick results so I will be using my products twice a week.

DayStar

im going to the indian store tommorw. :grin:

DayStar

i bought jasmine oil
vatika henna cream conditioner with shikakai, almond and henna
i bought shikakai powder (2 boxes)
and henna (body art)

all for 11 dollars

Aggie

Candy_C I need some help. In your regiment, (which I use) you indicated that it's very important NOT to comb the hair after washing out the shikamla tonic and the deep conditioner when air drying, but you never said why. Can you enlighten us about the reason for that please?

Also, when would it be considered safe to comb the hair?

And if I chose to blow dry, would I be able to comb then or not?

Does this rule apply to the use of all ayurveda powders?

Perhaps, all you ayurveda ladies can chime in with your own successes and responses to these questions.

Thanks for your help.

MissMasala5

I use an Ayurvedic regimen. As for combing, I comb to detangle, and I only do it when I section off my hair for rollers, or when I air dry, I detangle once before braiding, bunning or whatever. I comb less often for lo mani purposes. This is key for me since I am 19 weeks post and trying to stave off breakage.

Aggie

I use an Ayurvedic regimen. As for combing, I comb to detangle, and I only do it when I section off my hair for rollers, or when I air dry, I detangle once before braiding, bunning or whatever. I comb less often for lo mani purposes. This is key for me since I am 19 weeks post and trying to stave off breakage.

Thanks for chiming in Medmunky but do you know why combing is not recommended until the next wash? Does the hair start breaking or fall out?

atlcelebrity

That is good to know. I just bought some Ayurvedic products and can't wait until they arrive.

lollyoo

Thanks for chiming in Medmunky but do you know why combing is not recommended until the next wash? Does the hair start breaking or fall out?

I notice candy C hasnt replied, you dont comb because the ayurvedic herbs (rinse/paste) actually strengthens the hair, similar to a protein tx. So you will loose more strands when you detangle if use dont use a conditioner afterwards.
HTH

Aggie

I notice candy C hasnt replied, you dont comb because the ayurvedic herbs (rinse/paste) actually strengthens the hair, similar to a protein tx. So you will loose more strands when you detangle if use dont use a conditioner afterwards.
HTH

Thanks Lolloyoo, but even after the deep conditioner, she recommends not combing the hair until the next wash when you can detangle then during the DC-ing. I am now sitting here thinking that if I attempt to comb my hair now, I will risk losing my hair. Also, what if I decide not to use anymore of these powders, does that mean I would have to wait a week or after a commercial poo and conditioning? See my dilemma?

By the way, do you ladies dc with heat after using the powders as a rinse or paste? If so, for how long?

MissMasala5

Thanks Lolloyoo, but even after the deep conditioner, she recommends not combing the hair until the next wash when you can detangle then during the DC-ing. I am now sitting here thinking that if I attempt to comb my hair now, I will risk losing my hair. Also, what if I decide not to use anymore of these powders, does that mean I would have to wait a week or after a commercial poo and conditioning? See my dilemma?

By the way, do you ladies dc with heat after using the powders as a rinse or paste? If so, for how long?

Ok, I see...I do hope she replies, because I would like to know the answer as well. So far, I have not had any problems combing after using powder pastes. And I do my combing after I have rinsed everything out, after applying my leave-in moisturizer. Maybe this was her own unique experience? Hair breaking off afterwards just doesn't seem right to me.

Yes, I DC with heat after every wash, whether it's bars, pastes or cowashes. I do 20 minutes under the dryer with cholesterol cream mixed with EVOO or vatika oil.

sunshinecoffee22

ok. thinking of trying Himani Gold Turmeric soap

for my face

Aggie

Ok, I see...I do hope she replies, because I would like to know the answer as well. So far, I have not had any problems combing after using powder pastes. And I do my combing after I have rinsed everything out, after applying my leave-in moisturizer. Maybe this was her own unique experience? Hair breaking off afterwards just doesn't seem right to me.

Yes, I DC with heat after every wash, whether it's bars, pastes or cowashes. I do 20 minutes under the dryer with cholesterol cream mixed with EVOO or vatika oil.

Thanks again MedMunky. BTW, I was using Candy_C's reggie with a combination of shikakai, amla, brahmi and bhringraj powder rinse. I have not yet tried the paste, but I want to though. When you are done with each use of the paste, does your hair feel soft and moist or hard-like. I realise today that my hair feels a litttle hard after doing the rinse yesterday. I'm actually afraid to comb it.

I want a different method as this one scares me. Can you offer any assistance with how you make your paste and apply it? What preparatory steps do you take, how do you actually apply it and what do you do after the treatment? Do you comb your hair between each treatment and is it manageable to do so:perplexed?. Lastly, do you hav a fotki with your reggie in it that can give me a little help please? Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:

LongiLox

everyones ayurvedic regime sound sgreat

really u can do as you please with all ayurvedic products aslong as you wash often, oil often and massage/scritch often

What is "scritch"? That's the second time I've read someone use that in a Ayurvedic thread. Does it mean scratch??

nodisrespect

Where is the scientific evidence? How and why is this true? Where is the source article? What's going on? Where am I?