It's Not About the 'Chicken' ... It's the Heart of God for the Family

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Friday evening after work, we went to the Mall (my cousin and I). It was a girl's night out to buy make-up and supplies from Sephora's and to pick up her bracelet from Tiffany's. Ummmm yeah... we have Tiffany's. :gorgeous: :blush3: :giggle:

Our schedules have been so busy that we were spending time catching up. In light of the recent news regarding Chick Fil A, we decided to have dinner there.

There was so much peace in the atmosphere. In the entire eatery area of the Mall, there were quiet peaceful lines at Chick Fil A. The service was outstanding. The staff personalized our orders and they were full of smiles and peace towards everyone.

As we sat down at a table to eat, we noticed something. At least 12 tables around us, and all of the people were eating from Chick Fil A. The other eateries (Subway, etc.) were empty. And it wasn't because anyone was trying to 'prove' anything. The customers were coming into the eatery, quietly looking up at the menu, standing in line with peace in their hearts.

This is exactly what was there, total peace. No one was defined as Black, White, Married, Single, Gay or Straight. They were people who chose to eat their meal for the evening at this particular place and of their own choosing. No one was snubbing the other food vendors. However, I genuinely sense that people were drawn to Chick Fil A by the love of God and nothing more or less. It was just that peaceful.

Families were there, children with their nuggets :yep:, friends were there, couples were there; it was a night to share with those who care, either for the food or to support family values...or both.

I noticed that no one left a mess on any of the tables; they got up, cleared their table space and left... all in peace. Others carried huge bags out of the eatery, more than likely they were taking it home to their families or friends or perhaps to an office of evening workers. Whatever the case, they were on their way with their Chick Fil A...

There's something to be said about an environment that has peace, for in that peace, God is present and God prevails.

As midnight there are over 502,000 (and counting -- 502,722) people who have accepted an invitation to stand for 'Family Values' on Wednesday, August 1 at Chick Fil A... This speaks volumes. This country does indeed honour God's order of Marriage -- One Man / One Woman under God.

In reality no one has to attend Chick Fil A to prove this... not by any means; :nono: for it is not about the 'Chicken', nor is it Chicken that brings a man and a woman together in Holy Matrimony.

For me personally, it's simply about time that someone in the limelight finally stood up to the world and proclaimed the Word of God regarding Marriage. And Christians are speaking up publicly and not backing down.

And it's showing that Christians refuse to be bullied by other organizations and businesses and politricks (yeah... the Poli tricksters and deceivers) and that God will prosper those who honour Him and not compromise.

Here' a Word and it shall come to pass. Those who honour God shall prosper and those who do not shall fail. Businesses who cave in to the pressures of the world, do not have God to withhold them and to prosper them. They are building their empires upon sinking sand. But those who put their trust in the Lord and choose to believe and not compromise and take the fearful dive... shall do exploits in business and in life and in Ministry. For God is not a God who turns against His own. He stays with them to the very end.

All throughout the Bible we see the Joshua's the Caleb's, the Nehemiah's, the Paul's...the Esthers, the Ruth's, the Deborah's...the Jael's ... they didn't falter, they forged ahead and God was with them. :yep:

Be blessed everyone. Chicken Fil A or not... Be blessed and put your trust in God and fear not those who oppose. There are more that be with you than be with 'them'. It's the Word... the Word which became flesh and dwelt among us and is now on the inside of us... The Greater One... Jesus our Lord.

Pray for those who are 'lost'... as Christians we cannot leave them in darkness; we cannot say that we love God and leave them to perish by condoning the gay agenda. It's not about equality, it about where they will spend eternity. In Jesus, all are equal leading eternal.

Amen and Amen.

ETA: If you click on the links in the left margin (the totals) a window will open and there is a drop down menu which shows the total 'goings', maybe's and declines... the declines are over 126,000 and they have plenty to say in protest of Chick Fil A....

I'm shaking my head :nono: at the language ... :nono: of the opposers.

Last edited:

LucieLoo12

:yay::yay::band2::band::clap:

I recently gave up meat a few months ago, but I will defintely have to go support Chik Fil A by buying some milkshakes or waffle fries:look: :lol:

I am glad they stood up for what's biblical. I just hope they stay this way and not re-cant their statement :nono:.

This gay movement is becoming more and more aggressive but they have to realize everyone DON'T agree with it. There are some people who are still standing for righteousness and truth. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
:yay::yay::band2::band::clap:

I recently gave up meat a few months ago, but I will defintely have to go support Chik Fil A by buying some milkshakes or waffle fries:look: :lol:

I am glad they stood up for what's biblical. I just hope they stay this way and not re-cant their statement :nono:.

This gay movement is becoming more and more aggressive but they have to realize everyone DON'T agree with it. There are some people who are still standing for righteousness and truth. :yep:

Hey 'Darlin', as the thread title says, 'It's not about the chicken'... :lol: :lol:

Their summer 'Peach Milkshake' is sooooo good. :yep: :yep: :yep: It has small bits of the peach fruit inside and ... Yum... :lol:

I have to be honest, the menu is not conducive to my weight loss... nooooo indeed. The salads are nice and the lemonade is very good. I still love those waffle fries. :love3:

My cousin and I shared the peach milkshake. There was no way to drink it all and not gain a pound. :lol:

I don't think that Chick Fil A will cave into the pressures as did Target and other vendors. When you have your trust in God and not 'mankind', there's no failure for there is no failure in God.

There's no such thing as confessing Jesus as Lord of one's life and fearing the world, yielding to their dictates.

The thing about compromising one's standards is this: You {using general sense of 'you'] may yield to the pressures on one issue but the bullies are still not your advocate(s). There'll always be something more that they want to 'bleed' 'you' for it's not about 'you' that they have the concerns for, it's about them and none other.

If I'm not mistaken the man who owns eharmony dating service was sued by two gay men a few years ago because he didn't have a 'gay' category. Are you kidding me ? ? ? They needed to go to a gay site for that gay foolishness. If I'm not mistaken, I think the eharmony owner 'caved' in and compromised to have a 'separate' section for gays. I was livid to say the least, when I heard this, for this he did not have to do.

Anyway, I'm not caving, period. I don't care who cares or doesn't care. As a Christian, I'm dead to sin and alive to Christ. The world and their foolishness has no power over me or my family. We're not caving and we will not cower in fear of anyone. God reproves kings for the sake of His own, therefore nothing shall by any means hurt us, nor separate any of us who love God from te love of God.

There are a lot of people who truly love God and it's showing the world that Christians do not 'scare'... we pray. :pray:

Enjoy the fries and milkshake.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
It most definitely IS about the chicken and those delicious looking milkshakes I see upthread.

If ChikFilA didn't taste like sex on a biscuit, half the folks eating there 'in protest' wouldn't have made the trip.

Shimmie

Staff member
It most definitely IS about the chicken and those delicious looking milkshakes I see upthread.

If ChikFilA didn't taste like sex on a biscuit, half the folks eating there 'in protest' wouldn't have made the trip.

I have to admit my 'kids' have always loved the chicken strips and nuggets. :yep:

But they also love 'Bruester's Ice Cream Waffle Cones'.

Bruester's Ice Cream Menu... :drunk:

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm going tomorrow. I'm eating carbs :look:
i think I will spend about $20 just to support.

Hey Little Summer :wave:

I'll have an order of 'skinny carbs' please.... :giggle:

The kids are looking forward to going and we've made sure that their friends and a few other kids have money for their nuggets and chicken strips as well.

They still want ice cream from Brusters.... :lol:

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Hi Shimmie,

I have never eaten at a Chick -fil-A before. I have passed by many a day and always wanted to go but don't eat much fast food. However, I will be going tomorrow for the first time and I look forward to not only enjoying the food, but more importantly to support a people who stand by their principles. I appreciate them, I really do.

So, I will come back to this thread and share how gluttonous I was....lol

Shimmie

Staff member
Hi Shimmie,

I have never eaten at a Chick -fil-A before. I have passed by many a day and always wanted to go but don't eat much fast food. However, I will be going tomorrow for the first time and I look forward to not only enjoying the food, but more importantly to support a people who stand by their principles. I appreciate them, I really do.

So, I will come back to this thread and share how gluttonous I was....lol

:wave: Hey Precious Wavy... :bighug:

Florida is filled with Chick Fil A's.... filled. And I fill up with the breadfast mini's. :lol:

May I recommend that you and Pastor 'A' (Precious Hubby) share the Peach milkshake? Also the lemonade is very good; you can taste the fresh lemon in it. :yep:

The salads are pretty good. I tried the spicy chicken sandwich Friday evening and it was nice. Yeah... it was good. :yep: But my all time favorite are waffle fries. I'm getting two large tomorrow and I'll just walk home afterwards.

My 'babies' are really lookiing forward to tomorrow; there's something special about this visit and to God be the glory for His love for all and for His Word.

Enjoy your day at Chick Fil A... You and Precious Pastor 'A'. :love3:

I wish they had 'frozen coffees' :coffee: My favorite summer quench. :love4:

yodie

I'm going tomorrow to support. I appreciate his stand for God and marriage and that this man makes a real chicken nugget. Yum!

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm going tomorrow to support. I appreciate his stand for God and marriage and that this man makes a real chicken nugget. Yum!

:wave: Hi Yodie... Enjoy your Chick Fil A Day ... Enjoy. Don't forget the waffle fries.

Hmmmmmmmm.... I hope they don't run out of waffle fries.... I need to stop recommending them to everyone. :look: :lol:

Nice & Wavy

Thanks sis for the suggestions....sounds delicious!

I just saw on the news that there will be protests on Friday at Chick -fil-A 's everywhere where same sex couples will do a kiss -in, I guess to show the Christians that they can do what they want too. Sad indeed when people have to prove that they can do whatever they want sexually, in a restaurant....nasty :nono:

:wave: Hey Precious Wavy... :bighug:

Florida is filled with Chick Fil A's.... filled. And I fill up with the breadfast mini's. :lol:

May I recommend that you and Pastor 'A' (Precious Hubby) share the Peach milkshake? Also the lemonade is very good; you can taste the fresh lemon in it. :yep:

The salads are pretty good. I tried the spicy chicken sandwich Friday evening and it was nice. Yeah... it was good. :yep: But my all time favorite are waffle fries. I'm getting two large tomorrow and I'll just walk home afterwards.

My 'babies' are really lookiing forward to tomorrow; there's something special about this visit and to God be the glory for His love for all and for His Word.

Enjoy your day at Chick Fil A... You and Precious Pastor 'A'. :love3:

I wish they had 'frozen coffees' :coffee: My favorite summer quench. :love4:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Nice & Wavy... wow.. well do enjoy your first trip.... that's some good food right thar... I could live off just the lemonade and waffle fries....

:lol: :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
Thanks sis for the suggestions....sounds delicious!

I just saw on the news that there will be protests on Friday at Chick -fil-A 's everywhere where same sex couples will do a kiss -in, I guess to show the Christians that they can do what they want too. Sad indeed when people have to prove that they can do whatever they want sexually, in a restaurant....nasty :nono:

Nice & Wavy...

Sis, I just woke up from my 'Beauty Nap'... :lol: (Up since 5:00 a.m.) :spinning:

The difference in 'us' (Christians) is Jesus, the Prince of Peace, our God of Love. We attend Chick Fil A in peace and for a nice time with our family, children and friends and loved ones. Many of our Christian brothers and sisters have gay loved ones who are attending with them, not in protest but in having a good meal and family fellowship, nothing more and most definitely nothing less. :yep:

How come the opposing gays (i.e. glaad, lgbt groups) can have Target, Starbucks (which I've gone cold turkey from), Oreo cookies, Home Depot, General Foods (Cheerios Cereral folks), and a host of other businesses support them with MILLIONS of dollars and yet 'we' are unable to support businesses who support Christian values?

Amazon Founder and his wife are donating $2.5 million dollars to support the cause of gay marriage....

The world needs to see that Christians also support their own and that we will not have our rights and businesses thrown underground and nor out of business only to be left with feeding the dragons of Revelation. :nono:

Those who oppose Christian businesses in the manner of rebellion i.e. the 'kiss-in' ... it's easy to see the spirit behind it and in front of it and inside of it. :nono:

Is this the best that they can do? I mean really? :nono: Is this the respect that they claim for themselves? They are proving that their cause is truly about one thing... 'sex' and sex out of order. They are the ones putting their 'activity' 'out there'... making it a sad public display of immaturity and their fight for a losing battle.

Is sex their only platform? Obviously, yes it is. :nono:

Well... let the enemy continue for there is obviously 'confusion' in the camp. Total confusion. Let them be the spectacle in the public view. There's absolutely no way to validate this as their righteous cause.

Let's see how long these businesses continue to support their failing cause. Sooner than later, they will bow and call Jesus Lord and honour Him as who He is.

Last edited:

Country gal

I enjoyed my Chick Fil A today and it was crowded as usual. I like too how he stood up for what was right to him. He shouldn't have to back down. It is a conservative restaurant.

Shimmie

Staff member
I enjoyed my Chick Fil A today and it was crowded as usual. I like too how he stood up for what was right to him. He shouldn't have to back down. It is a conservative restaurant.

:wave: Hi Pretty Country gal :wave:

I'm glad you enjoyed your Chick Fil A.... :yep:

I've noticed that the crowds are very peaceful and are there to enjoy the food, the wonderful service and their family and friends who are with them.

You're absolutely right, he should not have to back down. :up:

Shimmie

Staff member
Nice & Wavy... wow.. well do enjoy your first trip.... that's some good food right thar... I could live off just the lemonade and waffle fries....

:lol: :lol:

:wave: Hi Laela Rose :Rose:

Their lemonade really is good... :yep: I am ordering a huge cup tomorrrow and I'm going to put it in my blender and make a slushee out of it. YUMMMMMEEEEE... :yep:

And yes... my huge waffle fries.

I have to admit that after this week, I can't continue eating like this. I can't gain another ounce. :lol: The food is too good. I have to go back to my fruits and veggies and green smoothies.

I can treat the babies and their friends and I can also go online and order one of their tee shirts and coffee mugs. :coffee:, I need a new mug for my coffee and green tea to read more of your wonderful stories from Ms. M. Whelchel -- sp?...

I like this red tee shirt... here

and this
one too... :yep:

Love to you and Hubby.... :love3: Enjoy your Chick Fil A...

Shimmie

Staff member
Update:

Going: (564,245)

Maybe: (59,496)

Declined: (146.609)

Hmmmmmm, :scratchch: I wonder if President Obama is going to Chick Fil A.... :look:

OKay... don't stone me :duck: I'm sorry! :blush3: I was being sarcastic. :look:

I was only think-typiing out loud. I just wondered that's all. :rolleyes:

Ooooooo, the count is now up to 565,168 and growing for support. :wow:

BostonMaria

I'll definitely go tomorrow afternoon after work to show my support.

I think it's about time we Christians stand up for ourselves. If nothing else what I have learned is that we are too passive and allow others to mock us and we just stand by idly and do nothing. I am guilty of it too. I remember last year in a meeting I was called sensitive for saying that the SNL Tebow skit was offensive to me as a Christian. Other so called Christians in the room were trying to convince me I was wrong. Whatever. Anyway I digress...

I believe that other religions should also join us. This isn't just a Christian fight. This is about fighting for our rights to believe in the traditional family. We have been targeted by the liberal media but Muslims, Jews, hindus, etc are next.

Shimmie

Staff member
I'll definitely go tomorrow afternoon after work to show my support.

I think it's about time we Christians stand up for ourselves. If nothing else what I have learned is that we are too passive and allow others to mock us and we just stand by idly and do nothing. I am guilty of it too. I remember last year in a meeting I was called sensitive for saying that the SNL Tebow skit was offensive to me as a Christian. Other so called Christians in the room were trying to convince me I was wrong. Whatever. Anyway I digress...

I believe that other religions should also join us. This isn't just a Christian fight. This is about fighting for our rights to believe in the traditional family. We have been targeted by the liberal media but Muslims, Jews, hindus, etc are next.

:wave: Hi Maria... Enjoy Chick Fil A day.... :Rose:

I bet Boston Mayor Memina (sp?) will be there ... :yep: :lol:

I'm more than sure that other faiths will be there, especially if they enjoy the food. :up:

Shimmie

Staff member
This Article.... Whoa....

This confirms what I've been sharing with others; the gay activist's behaviour and reaction to Chick Fil A will only hurt them, hence their cause. They will be losing supporters. :yep:

Star Parker: Chick-fil-A protest could set back gay activism

By STAR PARKER
2012-07-27 12:07:37

http://www.ocregister.com/common/printer/view.php?db=ocregister&id=365808

The current hate campaign being waged by homosexual activists against fast food chain Chick-fil-A, because of the firm's Christian values, may well turn out to be a bridge too far. The effort may prove to be a setback for homosexual activism.

The vile attacks on the firm and its owners, the Cathy family, should make clear, finally, that the "gay rights" movement is not about refining and advancing American freedom, but about rewriting American values and advancing, not freedom, but the homosexual political agenda.

Recently Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton spoke at a flag-raising ceremony in Alexandria, Egypt, noting the re-opening of the American consulate there. Given the current political climate in Egypt, the Secretary of State felt behooved in her remarks to highlight principles of freedom as understood by Americans.

"... to us, real democracy means that every citizen has the right to live, work and worship as they choose, whether they are man or woman, Muslim or Christian, or from any other background."

Perhaps Clinton should be lecturing Americans instead of Egyptians. :perplexed

Can it really be that in America today a businessman can be labeled a bigot, boycotted and cut off by suppliers because of the crime of being a Christian?

When Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy made his now famous incendiary admission that "we are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit," he was not pontificating.

He was responding to a question in an interview done in a paper I expect is not read by many homosexuals – the Baptist Press. :ohwell:

Never mind. :nono: It was sufficient provocation that Cathy publicly admitted that the Bible defines his understanding of marriage – the unique bond of man and woman – which also happens to be the standard definition in dictionaries on the shelves of every American home and library.

"Chick-fil-A's values are not Chicago's values," said Chicago Mayor, and former chief of staff to President Barack Obama, Rahm Emanuel. Emanuel defended Chicago Alderman Joe Moreno's threat to deny Chick-fil-A permitting in Chicago because its owner supports traditional marriage and family.

But UCLA law professor and constitutional scholar Eugene Volokh points out in his blog that "denying a private business permits because of such speech by its owner is a blatant First Amendment violation."

The Constitution? The First Amendment? Religious liberty? Do these apply to Christians?

Volokh goes on to point out that a permit might be denied "if Chick-fil-A actually discriminated in their serving or hiring decisions in Chicago in a way forbidden by Chicago or Illinois law. But the stories give no evidence of such actions ..."

The fact that there is no evidence that Chick-fil-A discriminates in its business practices did not deter Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank from writing that Dan Cathy's support of traditional marriage "implied that gay people (not to mention divorced people) had no business eating at Chick-fil-A."

One court decision after another over the last 50 years has, step by step, purged any hint of religion and traditional values from our schools and public spaces.

Has it made this a fairer, better, freer nation? If you think breakdown of family, 40 percent out-of-wedlock births, a million abortions a year, $16 trillion in national debt, and government dependence is better and freer, yes.

Of course, society must embrace civility, respect and tolerance. :yep:

But this doesn't mean that the sexual proclivities of some should provide license to rewrite our language and the traditions that define our faith and virtue. :clapping: :notworthy:

Hopefully many will respond to Mike Huckabee's appeal to patronize Chick-fil-A on Aug. 1 as a display of support for traditional Christian values and as a reminder that our Constitution protects religious freedom.

Have we really gotten to the point where being a Christian is considered un-American?

Wow ! Just Wow! The bolded and highlighted is so on point. :yep:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Update of Those Going: (573,424)

What we define as Marriage is beautiful... :Rose:

Sweet Sleep Everyone... :sleep2:

:grouphug2:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
@Shimmie.. I love those shirts! Heading there today for Lemonade after my morning run...whatchyasay! DH just :love: you..always smiling or laughing at your posts...

@BostonMaria... very well said... everyone seems to have 'rights' but Christians.. I personally note when I do experience things that offend my spirit (mocking God/Jesus on air,tv, etc) it is because my spirit is offended..not the fleshly being. I do see the difference between having "rights" and doing/standing up for what is RIGHT. Standing up for what is right will cause the unsaved to question where do we get the right to do that, because their flesh is offended. It's not a spiritual thing for them. :yep: So, we just stand firm in our Faith, trust God and keep it moving.

Shimmie

Staff member
@Shimmie.. I love those shirts! Heading there today for Lemonade after my morning run...whatchyasay! DH just :love: you..always smiling or laughing at your posts...

@BostonMaria... very well said... everyone seems to have 'rights' but Christians.. I personally note when I do experience things that offend my spirit (mocking God/Jesus on air,tv, etc) it is because my spirit is offended..not the fleshly being. I do see the difference between having "rights" and doing/standing up for what is RIGHT.

Standing up for what is right will cause the unsaved to question where do we get the right to do that, because their flesh is offended. It's not a spiritual thing for them. :yep: So, we just stand firm in our Faith, trust God and keep it moving.

Tell 'Hubby' , I'm tryna' behave... :blush3: I appreciate the two of you so much... You and Precious Wavy keep me grounded; or at least I don't resist your loving admonishments. :nono2:

I just refuse to succomb to bullies. Everything that Christians are being 'falsely' accused of by the gay agenda is what the gay agenda themselves are demonstrating. (Oooooooooo, I just noticed the first 5 letters of the word demon... strate. Yikes :nervous2:

Their plans for the Friday 'kiss-ins' at the CFA locations to 'demon - strate' their protests... Ummmmm wow. It's plain and clear what spirit is behind it.

Who wants to see that mess.. I don't. :nono: :nono: :nono: It's extremely disrespectful to the CFA staff, and to the families who are bringing their children to Chick Fil A for meals, should not be subjected to this 'demon...stration' of the private / now made public behaviour of gays. :nono: It's a lack of maturity and the legislators ought to feel quite foolish for protecting them.

Anywhoooo...

We're having Chick Fil A for dinner tonight... the lemonade and fries will be my prize... :lol:

:bighug:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Update: 11:46 a.m. (EST)

Those Going: (607,441) :wow:

Over 62,000 'Maybe's'

Declines... Ahhhh, who cares... :look:

Shimmie

Staff member
Malachi Chapter 3...

I the Lord...never change...

God will always love everyone...because Love is who God is. :love3:

SummerSolstice

I don't understand why other religions have not been attacked for their stance... I mean its not like Muslims are champions for gay tolerance -_-

Shimmie

Staff member
I don't understand why other religions have not been attacked for their stance... I mean its not like Muslims are champions for gay tolerance -_-

Jesus warned us that this would occur. :yep:

However He also said to rejoice... :yay:

:bighug:

Shimmie

Staff member
Ooooooo, the parking lots and CFA restaurants are very crowded and people are peaceful and happy. :yep:

So far the response is up to:

(616,638) that plan to attend

Over 62,000 maybe's...

:wow: Oh :wow:

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Nice & Wavy

I am on line right now and am having wonderful convo's with some great people. I feel wonderful! I have taken some pics too...it is crazy packed in here....yes!!!!