It's Not About the 'Chicken' ... It's the Heart of God for the Family

mrselle

Went to Chick Fil A for lunch. The line for the drive thru was loooong on BOTH sides of the street, parking lot was full, people were parking across the street and the line to eat inside was going out the door. The lady at the drive thru told me business has been like that all day. Me and my girls enjoyed our meal.

divya

Now reading about this. My dietary habits do not include the food served there. Even if they did though, I wouldn't be going.

I'm a firm believer in marriage between a man & woman. However, I am so a firm supporter of religious freedom, even when people believe and practice something different from me.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I don't understand why other religions have not been attacked for their stance... I mean its not like Muslims are champions for gay tolerance -_-

Familiarity breeds contempt. Many people feel like they "know" Christianity because of the tradition and history of the U.S., and so believe they can stand in judgment upon it. Islam still very foreign an unfamiliar for many; but also I think many Muslims are a lot less afraid of social opinion when denouncing what they believe is wrong. Christians probably try too hard to be liked by everyone.

BostonMaria

Ok so apparently there are only TWO Chik-Fil-A's in Massachusetts so I'm standing in line with like 200+ people. I'm going to be here a while LOL.

Except for one loud mouth weirdo that tried to put us down in a passive aggressive manner LOL everyone is peaceful. There are blacks, Asians, latinos, Caucasians, etc tryin to get sum chicken

Honestly I feel like crying

ETA: I was in line for about 45 minutes and there were about 300 people in line. The line was so long that it went around then outside the food court and to the other side of the mall LOL

There were no more desserts so I didn't get to try the peach milkshake. My belly cried.

Last edited:

Belle Du Jour

I have a very vocal gay friend on FB who has been up in arms about the whole CFA thing and saying it's not about free speech or religious freedom. I've also seen some Christians who are slamming CFA for judging other people's lifestyles. YYes, Jesus preached love but He didn't just hang with sinners, He tried to get them to see the error of their ways and sin no more.

I'm keeping my peace because I know the friendship will end when he realizes how I feel. I am not afraid to lose a friendship to stand up for Christian values if I have to, however that is not my first choice. If I could go to a CFA today, I would.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
So, I tried to get to Chik-Fil-A today, but I have to go back after the dinner rush. There's only 1 Chik-Fil-A in a huge geographic area and when I got there, they had police cars blocking the entrance because there were already so many people. When I got inside, the line was like at an amusement park. I think it would have taken at least 45 minutes to just get my order taken. I've only been to CFA once before, just to try it, but I'm supporting Mr. Cathy.

Many project their own intolerance onto people like Cathy. He is not hateful; he stands for something that is extremely important and has put principle before the bottom line. I prayed and pray that he, his family, friends, church, and business would be blessed for it. :yep:

Nice & Wavy

Ok, now that I'm up from my nap cause I had the itis after eating:lol:, I can tell you how my day went.

Talk about lines....I think the last time I saw lines this long was when I went to the Knicks/ Miami Heat game:lachen:. People were not only standing in line, but the drive through was bananas:yay:
I met many people ( I love to talk:look:) and there were people old and young, black, white and latino standing on line, smiling and talking about how Freedom of Speech is so important. I agree.

It took me about 1 hour to get to the cash register and I finally placed my order. I got a Chick-fil-A meal (came with waffle fries and got a Peach milkshake instead of a soda) and one for my DH. It was delicious...but, I could not eat it all...too much food for me. DH loved it and was happy I gave him mine:lol:.

Although the food was good, I know I wouldn't be able to eat there all the time because I don't eat fast food, but if I do, I will make sure it will be there...the waffle fries were:lick:.

Below is my Peach Milkshake.......:lick::lick:

Nice & Wavy

I have a very vocal gay friend on FB who has been up in arms about the whole CFA thing and saying it's not about free speech or religious freedom. I've also seen some Christians who are slamming CFA for judging other people's lifestyles. YYes, Jesus preached love but He didn't just hang with sinners, He tried to get them to see the error of their ways and sin no more.

I'm keeping my peace because I know the friendship will end when he realizes how I feel. I am not afraid to lose a friendship to stand up for Christian values if I have to, however that is not my first choice. If I could go to a CFA today, I would.

Praying for you and your friend.

Nice & Wavy

Ok so apparently there are only TWO Chik-Fil-A's in Massachusetts so I'm standing in line with like 200+ people. I'm going to be here a while LOL.

Except for one loud mouth weirdo that tried to put us down in a passive aggressive manner LOL everyone is peaceful. There are blacks, Asians, latinos, Caucasians, etc tryin to get sum chicken

ETA: I was in line for about 45 minutes and there were about 300 people in line. The line was so long that it went around then outside the food court and to the other side of the mall LOL

There were no more desserts so I didn't get to try the peach milkshake. My belly cried.

At the quote...I did too.

MrsHaseeb

divya said:
Now reading about this. My dietary habits do not include the food served there. Even if they did though, I wouldn't be going.

I'm a firm believer in marriage between a man & woman. However, I am so a firm supporter of religious freedom, even when people believe and practice something different from me.

I don't support anything God's Word is against. Any "Christian" who does needs to check their walk. This is not about tolerance. We have to tolerate gays but we certainly don't have to support what they are doing.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
To Everyone...

:bighug:

I'll be back to respond to each post personally.

As for the bomb threat... is this what the pro-gay lifestyle legislators, the pro judges, pro mayors, pro governors... and Yes... our 'pro gay lifestyle, pro gay marriage president... are protecting and allowing the gay protestors to have the 'freedom to do'... to have the equality of behaviour as terrorists ? ? ?

If these legislators and country and state leaders are so pro equal rights, is this the kind of behaviour and emotional outrage and tyranny that they are validating?

Are they saying to gays, it's okay whatever you do or say... ?????: :nono::nono::nono: By keeping silent, this is what this country's leaders are doing; they are validating attacks from gays against Christians and anyone who disagrees with them.

Not one word have I heard from any of them that speaks or shows support for ALL, not just some but for ALL. They heard what Mr. Cathy shared and they heard it word for word, not in abbreviations. They know that this man has not decreed nor expressed discrimination and they knew this from day one of Chick Fil A's existance.

So why has not one of these leaders stepped up to set the record straight and have instead allowed gays to spew towards Christians all of this hate.... ? ? ?

See, I'm not stupid and I'm fully aware that they are aware and they are choosing the side they wish to stand by. Is it their right? No... :nono: Not as leaders.... No :nono: For a leader shows equality protection for All;

If any of these leaders have stepped up to the plate to set these behaviours straight, I thank God for them. However, shame on those in leadership who keep silent and allow this brazen attack upon Christians to continue and to grow. Shame on them. :nono: It's not right. :nono:

Last edited:

loulou7

It’s not only fighting for family values, it’s also standing up for the freedom of speech. The President of Chik-Fil-A has a right to his opinion and if an individual doesn’t like it - don’t buy their products! That’s supposed to be the American way.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Well, it's clear...the Chik-Fil-A president isn't halted between two opinions..

"I'm against gay marriage; God created marriage to be between and a man and a woman" is now considered a "hateful expression". God bless us all...

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I don't understand why other religions have not been attacked for their stance... I mean its not like Muslims are champions for gay tolerance -_-

Gays know better...Muslim don't play around. Everyone has some sort of 'caution' or at least a 'side-eye' and have their guards up with the Muslim community.

I'm sorry, I know this is serious, but gays don't have the nerve to challenge Muslims on their stance against homosexuality. Please... they 'ain't' willing to get snatched and suddenly out of sight...forever. I mean for real.

The entire strategy is to bully and try to 'shame' Christians into succombing to their lifestyle. Christians don't want to be labeled as the bad guys, most of all Christians are extremely loving and don't want to disappoint nor offend God's heart. The gays are playing on this big time. :yep: They know they're in sin and they are wrong, however it's a struggle for them to admit it; so they launch the huge attack on Christians and ignore scripture to validate their lifestyle.

MrsHaseeb

Shimmie said:
Gays know better...Muslim don't play around. Everyone has some sort of 'caution' or at least a 'side-eye' and have their guards up with the Muslim community.

I'm sorry, I know this is serious, but gays don't have the nerve to challenge Muslims on their stance against homosexuality. Please... they 'ain't' willing to get snatched and suddenly out of sight...forever. I mean for real.

The entire strategy is to bully and try to 'shame' Christians into succombing to their lifestyle. Christians don't want to be labeled as the bad guys, most of all Christians are extremely loving and don't want to disappoint nor offend God's heart. The gays are playing on this big time. :yep: They know they're in sin and they are wrong, however it's a struggle for them to admit it; so they launch the huge attack on Christians and ignore scripture to validate their lifestyle.

What it seems to me that they are doing is trying to make everyone accept this gay lifestyle so gays will feel less condemned. We as people of God can't allow them to dumb us down to accept something we know is against God. Does God love them? Yes, but He hates the sin. That's what people don't seem to get. He is a Holy and Righteous God. He doesn't need to come down to our level yet people constantly insist on trying to understand this mystery of godliness with a carnal mind. Well it can't be done. They that are in the flesh cannot please God. As long as we are determines to stroke peoples egos and try to make them feel good about what they do the world will get worse. Yet petting people and making them feel good in their sin will not help them when they stand before a just God (this goes for me and anyone else). Its time for true repentance. My heart is grieved at this blatant perversion of something ordained by God as sacred... Ok I'm leaving now...

Shimmie

Staff member
I am on line right now and am having wonderful convo's with some great people. I feel wonderful! I have taken some pics too...it is crazy packed in here....yes!!!!

Wow... thank you and 'Hubby' (Pastor A) for your time and patience to share in this special event. Your schedules are very busy, this I know. I appreciate you both so much.

I feel like a 'Reporter' as I had family and friends 'stationed' at different CFA locations giving me reports, pictures and updates. :lol: :lol: :lol:

From Owings Mills, Maryland:

The breakfast crowds began long before 6:00 a.m. The drive through line was wrapped, the parking lots were full and everyone had a wonderful time as they waited, making new friends, some prayed, shared Church information and helped those who needed a place to park as the parking lot was very full. :up:

From Jacksonville, Florida:

The lines were out of the doors at several CFA's. I had three sets of my members and several friends sharing reports, pictures and updates.

The staff was not only supportive with the food service, they were even out directing traffic on the parking lots to assist guests with parking.

Many of the CFA staff members walked to some of the cars taking orders to ease the long waits and delays.

Talk about good service... I call it Ministry. Ministering love to CFA customers. God bless them all.

Towson, Maryland (Towsontown Mall Eatery):

It was a steady flow of customers during the entire day. The staff was busy and yet their pleasant smiles and excellent service never wavered. The area was quiet and peaceful and there were many smiles on the faces of those in line and those sitting at the tables enjoying their CFA delights. :up:

I'll share more as I hear from others. :yep:

ETA: Clarity on having folks 'stationed' at different locations: While waiting in the lines, my family and friends were texting, emailing and calling me with updates. We've been in 'text' land all day. :lol:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
What it seems to me that they are doing is trying to make everyone accept this gay lifestyle so gays will feel less condemned.

We as people of God can't allow them to dumb us down to accept something we know is against God. Does God love them? Yes, but He hates the sin. That's what people don't seem to get. He is a Holy and Righteous God. He doesn't need to come down to our level yet people constantly insist on trying to understand this mystery of godliness with a carnal mind. Well it can't be done.

They that are in the flesh cannot please God. As long as we are determines to stroke peoples egos and try to make them feel good about what they do the world will get worse. Yet petting people and making them feel good in their sin will not help them when they stand before a just God (this goes for me and anyone else). Its time for true repentance.

My heart is grieved at this blatant perversion of something ordained by God as sacred... Ok I'm leaving now...

MrsHaseeb ...

Thank you Woman of God... thank you.

I feel so sad because I have family and friends who are gay. The world keeps telling them that is okay to be that way... and I just can't get past the saddness of what this all means.

God bless you and your family. I'm praying for the Holy Spirit will 'visit' the hearts of each of us to enable us to speak, minister, and pray for the way to see these loved ones set free. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Went to Chick Fil A for lunch. The line for the drive thru was loooong on BOTH sides of the street, parking lot was full, people were parking across the street and the line to eat inside was going out the door. The lady at the drive thru told me business has been like that all day. Me and my girls enjoyed our meal.

:wave: Hi mrselle :love2:

I'm glad you and family enjoy your meal today. Each of you are so special and I praise God for your wonderful witness, your wonderful example, your beautiful presence here on this forum and in the lives of those outside of this forum.. for you are a true and glowing light of Jesus Christ our Lord.

Blessings to your and 'Mr'elle.... :yep: :love3:

Shimmie

Staff member

:wave: Hi divya... thank you so much for the love you never fail to show for everyone, no matter what the differences are. I respect you chicken or no chicken. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Ladies I hope you are prayed up. There was a bomb threat at a Chic Fil A in Martinsburg, WV. Satan is fighting back.

Thank you 'Little Summer' for alerting us to this. I pray that all is well with the staff and guests of the CFA in Martinsburg, WV as well as all over this country. Jesus is Lord and and the devil shall not prevail... in Jesus' Name... Amen.

I pray that there will be no post traumas for any of those affected by this terrifying incident. In Jesus' Name. I pray the protection and the total peace of God for everyone in Jesus' Name... Amen and Amen.

Shimmie

Staff member
Familiarity breeds contempt. Many people feel like they "know" Christianity because of the tradition and history of the U.S., and so believe they can stand in judgment upon it. Islam still very foreign an unfamiliar for many; but also I think many Muslims are a lot less afraid of social opinion when denouncing what they believe is wrong. Christians probably try too hard to be liked by everyone.

nicola.kirwan...thank you God's Vessel of integrity and love and one who observes and seeks and holds dear to God's wisdom...

Yes... this is you. :love2: I appreciate the Ministry and wisdom you share and hear the Word of the Lord... you are going further than you can see and have asked for. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member

BostonMaria ... so why am I just 'getting' what your name indicates... :blush3: :lol: You live in Boston....

Thank you for sharing your heart in this. I thank God for you and soon there will be several more CFA's as well as other Christian businesses in Boston and there isn't a thing that anyone can do to stop it.

God owns Boston not Menina... :yep:

God bless you, Maria... :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member

Belle Du Jour..... Blessings are upon you and your heart is filled with love which is stronger the the vocals of your gay friend, who will one day yield to your loving prayers and surrender to the love of God and be set free from homosexuality....

Thank you for sharing this with us as we will pray for your friend, in Jesus' Name... He shall be delivered and never to return again to a life so full of sin.

Shimmie

Staff member
So, I tried to get to Chik-Fil-A today, but I have to go back after the dinner rush. There's only 1 Chik-Fil-A in a huge geographic area and when I got there, they had police cars blocking the entrance because there were already so many people. When I got inside, the line was like at an amusement park. I think it would have taken at least 45 minutes to just get my order taken. I've only been to CFA once before, just to try it, but I'm supporting Mr. Cathy.

Many project their own intolerance onto people like Cathy. He is not hateful; he stands for something that is extremely important and has put principle before the bottom line. I prayed and pray that he, his family, friends, church, and business would be blessed for it. :yep:

nicola.kirwan...

Nicola... thank you ... thank you for your patience and your heart in supporting what's long overdue... Christians standing for truth by the mulititudes.

You are so right, Mr. Cathy is not hateful, but this is what the media and the gay agenda is using to incite fire and contention and to validate their cause.

It won't work... will it? Nope :nono:

Love and blessings, Angel. :love3:

Shimmie

Staff member
Ok, now that I'm up from my nap cause I had the itis after eating:lol:, I can tell you how my day went.

Talk about lines....I think the last time I saw lines this long was when I went to the Knicks/ Miami Heat game:lachen:. People were not only standing in line, but the drive through was bananas:yay:
I met many people ( I love to talk:look:) and there were people old and young, black, white and latino standing on line, smiling and talking about how Freedom of Speech is so important. I agree.

It took me about 1 hour to get to the cash register and I finally placed my order. I got a Chick-fil-A meal (came with waffle fries and got a Peach milkshake instead of a soda) and one for my DH. It was delicious...but, I could not eat it all...too much food for me. DH loved it and was happy I gave him mine:lol:.

Although the food was good, I know I wouldn't be able to eat there all the time because I don't eat fast food, but if I do, I will make sure it will be there...the waffle fries were:lick:.

Below is my Peach Milkshake.......:lick::lick:

Wasn't that Peach Milkshake delicious ??? Wooooo hoooo... :lol:

I can't drink anymore milkshakes for a while though, cause I could feel it lining my waistline and I can't afford anymore extra layers of 'me' :lol:

I made an 'iceee' drink from the lemonade in my blender. Of course I'm the only one who does this. :gorgeous: :lol:

I'm glad you and hubby enjoyed the meal and especially the fellowship with others at CFA. If anyone was sent there by Jesus to bring love to another's heart, it is surely you and Pastor 'A' whose hearts are full of love for all people no matter what color, race, faith or lifestyle. The two of you love all and give all and I am honoured to have you both in my heart and in my life.

Shimmie

Staff member
It’s not only fighting for family values, it’s also standing up for the freedom of speech. The President of Chik-Fil-A has a right to his opinion and if an individual doesn’t like it - don’t buy their products! That’s supposed to be the American way.

loulou7...

Thank you loved one for being there and standing for all of us.

You too have a heart full of love and Ministry and you never hesitate to express love over fear, for you prefer to draw those closer to Jesus than away from His heart.

Love and blessings to you. :grouphug2:

Shimmie

Staff member
Well, it's clear...the Chik-Fil-A president isn't halted between two opinions..

"I'm against gay marriage; God created marriage to be between and a man and a woman" is now considered a "hateful expression". God bless us all...

Laela Rose... Amen Precious One.. Amen..

You are quoting one of my favorite scriptures from I Kings 19... Eiijah the Prophet speaking to the children of baal.

Again, I wish you and hubby the highest of blessings and I thank you both for supporting such a needed stand for our faith.

Love to both of you always... :love3:

Here's to CFA's lemonade and waffle fries. :up:

Shimmie

Staff member
I pray that I haven't missed anyone's post. Even to all who have read and 'thanked' the posters, Love and blessings to each of you, too. :yep:

Standing for Christ and our Christian freedom is a gift and the gift is from each of you. :love5:

Sweet sleep everyone :sleep2: The love of God is protecting each of you, spirit, soul and body and each of your loved ones.

All of your cares have been laid to rest, for you've given this day your best. Now God has it and He has each of you, within His heart forever.

You are healed in your bodies, completely and in your souls and in your hearts. and in your finances. Every need is met, completely.

In Jesus' Name.... Amen and Amen.