It's Not About the 'Chicken' ... It's the Heart of God for the Family

sweetvi

What about people who cannot fast for health reasons? I think they can join by fasting from social media, radio, and even the phone. How long are we fasting for...?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
What about people who cannot fast for health reasons? I think they can join by fasting from social media, radio, and even the phone. How long are we fasting for...?

Excellent :yep: It's still putting aside something that brings pleasure. :yep:

Thank you sweetvi :Rose: I meant to share a post similar to yours for there are some people whose medications require eating . I'm glad you brought this up.

The greatest sacrifices come from the heart, not just a change in diet. :yep:

loulou7

Hi :wave: New Life Sisters... :yep: Yes .......... each of you are bringing forth new life. Watch and see how God flows and uses each and every one of you.... :love2:

For those who feel 'challenged' or if this is your first time fasting, please be encouraged. God is going to do wonders with you. A Daniel fast is a wonderful way of cleansing your Blood of toxins. You will more than likely discover that you will feel better physically and this will strengthen your spirit.

Be prepared for your body to give you some challenges, but that's the healing process of your body and the your life's Blood ridding its self of allergens, heavy metals, pollutants, and even negative influences which may have been challenging your spirit and your prayer time.

You are also 'relaxing' your digestive system, giving it a rest from processing all of the chemicals, preservatives and Heaven only knows what which has been working your liver and kidneys overtime.

This is a time for healing the Body (yours ) and the Body of Christ (The Church)

Ease into the fast with fresh fruits and veggies; if you are able purchase a citrus fruit wash to remove the toxins from the fresh produce that you will be eating.

Drink distilled water if you are able and add a little fresh lemon juice to it for your first drink of water in the morning. This alkalizes your body's ph and it will help your digestive processes as your eat foods with fiber.

Please take your vitamins. Especially C's, B's and E. Your Blood needs all three of these. Vitamine D3 is a crucial hormone (it's safe) which will help balance your mood (especially for those who will have their monthy cycle during this fast) ... you especially need the B vitamins to keep your Blood strong.

Season your veggies with non-salted herbs and seasonings. Please eat greens as much as possible.

Eat beets... the enzymes in beets kills tumors and protects the Blood.

Eat celery... another veggie with antioxidant properties.

In place of breads... use lettuce leaves and make a bed of fresh spinache, shredded carrots, thinly sliced cucumbers, and spread avocado spread over the leaves as this is a necessary fat that your body needs.

Eat Kale... yes... your Blood will love you for it. Eat it plain for the Daniel fast; it may seem a challenge, but the benefits both physically and spiritually are abundant.

These will help you feel better during the fast and as you heal, your heart heals and as your heart heals, your ear unto God opens wider and what He says, you will do, without hesitation....because you know it's coming from Him, your Father who art in Heaven....Hallowed be His Holy Name. Amen.

'Thine ear shall hear a voice behind it saying...this is the way, walk ye in it'

Except for the beets (don’t like them), as a vegetarian - this is basically what I eat. I'll be praying for all those who're participating in this online spiritual convocation.

Shimmie

Staff member
Except for the beets (don’t like them), as a vegetarian - this is basically what I eat. I'll be praying for all those who're participating in this online spiritual convocation.

Thank you loulou7 :bighug:

I don't like beets either... but I love the health benefits of eating them raw and mixing them with other veggies/fruit in my Vitamix. It's an 'acquired' taste, for sure. So for me it is definitely for the health benefits, indeed not the taste. :yep:

Benefits of Beets:

http://voices.yahoo.com/15-health-benefits-beets-fight-cancer-more-805501.html

.....beets are one of those overlooked vegetables that once you realize all it beholds, you will cultivate a new appreciation and yes, maybe even love for them!

Here are 15 great reasons to eat beets!

1. Beets have ZERO trans fat and ZERO saturated fat. They are also low calorie! How's that for a food to satisfy your hunger and have the ability to satisfy a sweet tooth at the same time? You've got to love a food that meets a sugar craving and doesn't harm your body!

2. Canned beets are very inexpensive! Buy them sliced or whole and buying the store brand they will cost about 60 cents or less! Just put a few cans in the refrigerator and next time you are looking for a snack food they will be super cold and ready to eat, no dirty pots, no cooking. Just drain and enjoy with a fork!

3. Beets are high in carbohydrates which means they are a great instant energy source, but unlike processed foods which are high in carbohydrates, beets will energize your body. Beets can be regarded as body fuel.

4. Beets contain sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron and phosperous! They are also considered a fiber food and contain vitamins A and C as well as niacin! You can't beat that!

5. Beets contain folic acid which is necessary for the production and maintenance of new cells. This is especially important for pregnant woman or anyone undergoing physical healing.

Many people take folic acid in the form of herbal supplements, but if you eat beets, you won't need to! It is always better for the body to receive it's nutrients and vitamins through food over a supplement because it is like mainlining the natural source into your bloodstream.
The benefits are far superior and faster with real food over powder mixes or pills.

6. Studies have shown that beets guard against cancer, especially colon cancer.

7. Medical studies have also shown that including beets in your diet helps protect a body against heart disease.

8. Beets are available all year round! So they are not difficult to find in any produce section if you want them fresh!

9. Beets can be eaten raw or you can boil, steam roast or sautee them. Additionally raw beets can be juiced in a Jay the Juiceman type juicer very easily! But be warned, beet juice is EXTREMELY strong and powerful!

If you want the benefits of beet juice but can't handle drinking it straight up, then mix it with some carrot or apple juice for a milder but still beneficial juice.

10. Borscht, a very popular vegetable soup made of beets is a traditionally loved dish in Poland, Russia, Germany and other Eastern European menus. There are cold and hot Borscht soups and each country varies some of the ingredients, but beets are the one common and main ingredient of this revered and hearty soup.

11. Even the leaves of raw beets have been eaten and useful and beneficial to one's health. The leaves have been known to counter "garlic" breath and in Roman times Hippocrates advocated the use of beet leaves as binding for healing wounds.

12. Beets being naturally colorful and bright red make an excellent and healthful garnish for artistic presentation of a meal. They also can be made into a number of cold salads for a change of pace meal.

Betacyanin is the pigment that gives beets their red color, this pigment is what is responsible for helping to fight cancer.

13. Beets have been shown to help cleanse the blood, cleanse the colon and strengthen the gall bladder and liver.

14. There is something called Beet Therapy. Doctors have used it to get rid of tumors and to help people with blood diseases and leukemia.

15. Some people have used beats to treat and cure boils, abscesses and even acne. http://www.healing.org/only-23.html

In fact they will even help you lose weight!

--------------------

Important FYI: Ladies..... I have other reliable resources on the benefits of beets. With this post I made a quick search on the 'net' . However, all that is listed above is true and even more.

I'll do better at posting resources next time.

Last edited:

loulou7

Dearest Shimmie, Thanks for your list. Being in the health field, I know about the benefits of beets, and once in a blue moon; I'll eat them... esp. if they come straight from the garden. Luckily the Creator has put therapeutic components in all the food that He's made, so we have options. :lick:

By the way, you’ve such a beautiful Christian spirit and it permeates through cyber space.

Shimmie

Staff member
Dearest Shimmie, Thanks for your list. Being in the health field, I know about the benefits of beets, and once in a blue moon; I'll eat them... esp. if they come straight from the garden. Luckily the Creator has put therapeutic components in all the food that He's made, so we have options. :lick:

By the way, you’ve such a beautiful Christian spirit and it permeates through cyber space.

:bighug: :kiss: :bighug:

Guess what I like about beets....? Well you and I know it's not the taste :lol:

It's makes a great lip color... :yep: very natural.

:flowers:

loulou7

And the Native Americans used it for dying their textile… In some areas abroad, it's probably still being used.

Ok, I didn't mean to high-jack this thread.

Shimmie

Staff member
And the Native Americans used it for dying their textile… In some areas abroad, it's probably still being used.

Ok, I didn't mean to high-jack this thread.

This is good knowledge. :yep:

I guess we can't beat a beet :look: for all of its uses and healing properties .... :yep:

divya

While the Lord certainly gives us the freedom to choose to act against His word, He never grants us freedom from it. Ultimately, the only choice we receive from the Lord is the choice to either live or die...which goes right to His original caution to Adam and Eve in the garden. As you said, His word has not changed, and from it we know that governmental authorities have God-given authority to institute laws according to what is right and what is wrong. While the government cannot root out every sin, it does have an obligation before God to not endorse what is against Him. Legal marriage, in the U.S., is an endorsement/sanction because of the variety of benefits that come with it, which have been given because of society's recognition of the value of men and women joining together and raising a family.

Restriction of choice would be the government actively going after anyone in a homosexual relationship to punish them and keep them apart. Declining to confer benefits/general recognition to certain unions is very much the prerogative of the government. And if there is disagreement, people are able to voice their opinion and attempt to sway others and their leaders. This is what Chick-Fil-A, along with many others on all sides of the issue are doing with their corporate profits.

Actually, the Scriptures state that every individual must choose between God or man. That is freedom of choice, but choices come with consequences.

The government has the God-given authority to make laws within limits. There are issues on which the government has no authority and God alone rules.

"Render unto Ceasar the things that are Ceasar's and unto God the things that are God's..." Mark 12:17.

Marriage is a God-given institution and the truth is that the government has no business there at all. However, now the state is involved and regardless, it is wrong for us to force our religious beliefs about marriage on others through the state, when we have the freedom to practice our faith as we desire. The government cannot become entangled with religion, nor enforce religion. It is unbiblical and unconstitutional.

Last edited:

divya

I was telling my sister this recently. We focus so much on marriage as a personal desire that it is overlooked as a fundamental part of God's created order. Marriage is not mainly about getting what we want, but about conforming our lives to the pattern the Lord laid out for us, which is really for our good.

"Thus says the Lord: 'Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’" Jeremiah 6:16

It's interesting that the Lord says, "ask for the ancient paths," meaning that we've lost them, don't know where they are. We have to ask to be guided into His pattern and order for our lives. @momi has a blog that I often think of when reading this verse.

Exactly. Those of us who chose God must walk in this path. But those who do not chose Him will not and their punishment will come.

divya

I wish some of you could really see and open your mind to what divya is saying in her posts. Put aside your anger and bitterness for gay people and see what's really going on.

Being in support of a ban on gay marriage isn't going to save you from the lake of fire or the wrath of God. It's not going to make you any more right with God nor closer to God. If you have sin in your heart, what makes you any better than a gay person? Unmarried couples are allowed to shack up, how come gays can't get married? (this is a rhetorical question to ponder upon, not one to literally answer).

How can you be so so SO strongly against gays getting married when you are not free of sin yourself? Most of you support the sinning Christian concept that "nobody's perfect" and "everyone will sin til they die" but yet, you act like homosexuality is the only sin in the world. How can you possibly feel that way and feel okay about it?

And let's take a look at the sovereignty of God... are you all trying to overrule his power and authority over the occurrences on this Earth? Are you trying to take control desiring to be "mini-gods" in order to support something that's really a distraction to what's really going on in the world? Satan wants you to be mad and angry at the desires of the homosexual. He wants you to pick on others while ignoring your own actions. And look... gay marriage isn't even institutionalized like abortion and divorce. You cannot control the affairs of this world. Only God can. He ordained everything that happens.

Also, if gay marriage does go into effect (which I HIGHLY doubt), would you lose faith in your God? What will you do? Oh, start rallys and riots. That's not the Christian way either. Some of you are so SO focused on this gay agenda that you're forgetting God's agenda.

And as far as Chik-Fil-A is concerned, I like their chicken sandwich and fries, but I'm not just gonna eat there just because they do not support gay marriage. I myself do not support gay marriage, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go out here and go along with these anti-gay events. You can't pick and choose what sins are wrong and somewhat okay. All sin is wrong.

I just wonder how many fornicators, adulterers, liars, cheaters, drunkards, and revilers were in that line at Chik-Fil-A...

Thank you! It is as though many Christians would like to usurp the authority of God to handle these matters. It is not our place to restrict the actions of homosexuals when our right to marry according to our beliefs is not being infringed upon. You said it very frankly but it is true. It is almost like some see the Christian role as that of a mini-god when it is far from it. We are to live our faith and by our witness, hearts will be changed!

Why are we trying to force non-believers to live the faith that we profess? Jesus gave us an example of how we should live.

Last edited:

Galadriel

Thank you! It is as though many Christians would like to usurp the authority of God to handle these matters. It is not our place to restrict the actions of homosexuals when our right to marry according to our beliefs is not being infringed upon. You said it very frankly but it is true. It is almost like some see the Christian role as that of a mini-god when it is far from it. We are to live our faith and by our witness, hearts will be changed!

Why are we trying to force non-believers to live the faith that we profess? Jesus gave us an example of how we should live.

Actually I see it the other way around. They're trying to force their view of marriage on the rest of the world, which since the dawn of civilization has understood that marriage is a covenant between a man and woman.

divya

Actually I see it the other way around. They're trying to force their view of marriage on the rest of the world, which since the dawn of civilization has understood that marriage is a covenant between a man and woman.

Yes, the opposite is also true, but it does not give us the right to force them to adhere to our beliefs. We ought to live by a higher standard. And anyway, the battle is already won! These things are signs of the times...the Lord is coming soon!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Amen.... :pray:

... and thanks for the info on the fast upthread!

But anyway, I really like the way this thread has shifted towards prayer, which is for marriage and family on the whole, and I would hope that there's no offense or hypocrisy in that. So please, join in the fast.