It's Not About the 'Chicken' ... It's the Heart of God for the Family

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
God knows I love you ladies.. I find this comment astoundingly breathtaking.... @Bolded, you are indeed condemning any Christian who takes up a sign and chooses to support Chik-Fil-A's stance. Are you saying they're not praying? So what if they go to Chik -Fil A in support? (btw, I didn't get the chance to go)

God uses us all in different ways..there are people more outspoken than others... even in biblical times, every prophet God used has a unique way of reaching the people.. God worked in the spiritual realm and we also did our part in the natural realm.

I really wish we all could see we are not each other's enemy here...

We can not stop people from sinning. I don't have the "Let's save the world" mindset. Like Jesus said, "I've only come for the lost sheep of Israel". He also said that he prays not for the world. Now I can't not look at someone by face value to see if they are a sheep of God, i don't do that. But only God knows who belongs to Him. All I do is witness and be an example of the believer. People want the world to get better,but the world is not going to get better...it's just not :nono:.THINGS are only going to get WORSE, the BIBLE says it. WE ARE IN THE END TIMES. All the things that are happening now are only a fulfillment of scripture. As a believer, our job is not to change the world, but we are called to preach the gospel so the lost sheep can come to Jesus. We are to warn people about the judgement ahead.

No I do not believe in gay marriage, but I do believe the law for gay marriage will be passed. Why? Because the bible says in the last days, it will be WORSE than it was than in Sodom and Gomorrah. We think this is bad? We haven't seen nothing yet. Just watch

Now I am not going to condemn any Christian who is actively involved in the political scene, but I don't think the Christian that is not involved should be either. I don't fight by holding up signs and saying what laws needs to change, but I fight by telling the people I know about the word of God. Telling them the deceits of the enemy, and how to be free from sin. I did like the things Chik Fil A, but thats the furthest I could see myself going with this, unless God tells me otherwise.

I hate the fact the gay marriage thing is trying to be passed....but our weapons are not carnal....

Nice & Wavy

Genesis 19:1-13 says:

“The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. ‘My lords’, he said, ‘please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.’ ‘No’, they answered, ‘we will spend the night in the square.’ But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate.

Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom - both young and old - surrounded the house. They called to Lot, ‘Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.’ Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, ‘No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.’ ‘Get out of our way,’ they replied. And they said, ‘This fellow came here as an alien, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.’ They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door. But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

The two men said to Lot, ‘Do you have anyone else here - sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the LORD against its people (Sodom & Gomorrah) is so great that He has sent us to destroy it’.”

Nice & Wavy

God knows I love you ladies.. I find this comment astoundingly breathtaking.... @Bolded, you are indeed condemning any Christian who takes up a sign and chooses to support Chik-Fil-A's stance. Are you saying they're not praying? So what if they go to Chik -Fil A in support? (btw, I didn't get the chance to go)

God uses us all in different ways..there are people more outspoken than others... even in biblical times, every prophet God used has a unique way of reaching the people.. God worked in the spiritual realm and we also did our part in the natural realm.

:yep::yep::yep:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
ETA: According to the scriptures here, if you are a believer in Jesus Christ, and you choose to not care about other people's sins and only worry about our own sins, then it goes against God's Word....that's scary.

FYI ^^^

I had to copy and paste this because it was too much for me to type out the scriptures. (from Bible Gateway)

Jude 1

1 [a] Jude, a bond-servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of [b]James,
To those who are the called, beloved in God the Father, and kept for Jesus Christ: 2 May mercy and peace and love be multiplied to you. 3 Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the [c]saints. 4 For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand [d] marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

5 Now I desire to remind you, though you know all things once for all, that [e]the Lord, after saving a people out of the land of Egypt, [f]subsequently destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, 7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after [g]strange flesh, are exhibited as an [h] example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.8 Yet in the same way these men, also by dreaming, defile the flesh, and reject authority, and revile [i]angelic majesties. 9 But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “ The Lord rebuke you!”

10 But these men revile the things which they do not understand; and the things which they know by instinct, like unreasoning animals, by these things they are [j]destroyed. 11 Woe to them! For they have gone the way of Cain, and for pay [k]they have rushed headlong into the error of Balaam, and perished in the rebellion of Korah. 12 These are the men who are [l]hidden reefs in your love feasts when they feast with you without fear, caring for themselves; clouds without water, carried along by winds; autumn trees without fruit, [m]doubly dead, uprooted; 13 wild waves of the sea, casting up their own [n]shame like foam; wandering stars, for whom the [o]black darkness has been reserved forever.

It was also about these men that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, “ Behold, the Lord came with [p]many thousands of His holy ones, 15 to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.” 16 These are grumblers, finding fault, following after their own lusts; [q]they speak arrogantly, flattering people for the sake of gaining an advantage.

Keep Yourselves in the Love of God

17 But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, 18 that they were saying to you, “ In the last time there will be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts.” 19 These are the ones who cause divisions, [r] worldly-minded, [s]devoid of the Spirit. 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life. 22 And have mercy on some, who are doubting; 23 save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.

24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and [t]forever. Amen.

:amen:

Reading this is so beautiful for it is a love letter from God's heart to us.

to have mercy on some who are doubting; save others, snatching them out of the fire...

Jesus...

Shimmie

Staff member

God uses us all in different ways..

there are people more outspoken than others...

even in biblical times, every prophet God used has a unique way of reaching the people.. God worked in the spiritual realm and we also did our part in the natural realm.

:look::look::look: @ the bolded...

"Guilty as Charged".... :blush3:

Shimmie

Staff member
Genesis 19:1-13 says:

“The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. ‘My lords’, he said, ‘please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.’ ‘No’, they answered, ‘we will spend the night in the square.’ But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate.

Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom - both young and old - surrounded the house. They called to Lot, ‘Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.’ Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, ‘No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.’ ‘Get out of our way,’ they replied. And they said, ‘This fellow came here as an alien, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.’ They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door. But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

The two men said to Lot, ‘Do you have anyone else here - sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the LORD against its people (Sodom & Gomorrah) is so great that He has sent us to destroy it’.”

More than ever we need God's mercy...

Shimmie

Staff member
Love, love, love how you explained this:yep:

I know.... Galadriel is on Fi YAH ... I mean God's Fi YAH for Yah is God All Mighty...

'Gala' don't play; she hits it with God's Word and never misses the mark. I am so serious. Gala can also hold her own in the polictical arena with such intelligence. :yep:

I love you all.... I really do. God's Word is power packed in your hearts.

Glory to God... :love3:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Are you even serious with this question?! I'm not perfect. And this thread isn't about every other thing in the Bible its about gay marriage so I responded accordingly. When my life doesn't line up according to God's Word I can't change the Word I have to change me. Some of y'all really make me laugh with these ridiculous comments. This should be about daily growth in Christ. Just because I'm not perfect doesn't mean I'm supposed to agree with gay marriage or support it.

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

I did not say you were suppose to agree with it just because you're not perfect. :nono: I do not support gay marriage either. I guess you missed my point and allowed Shimmie's post about me "disrespecting and mistreating you" to have an influence on you. I was not doing what she said. And yes, I was asking a serious question. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic at all, nor did I call your comment ridiculous like you have said about mine. :ohwell: Thanks for answering.

Last edited:

Galadriel

I know.... @Galadriel is on Fi YAH ... I mean God's Fi YAH for Yah is God All Mighty...

'Gala' don't play; she hits it with God's Word and never misses the mark. I am so serious. Gala can also hold her own in the polictical arena with such intelligence. :yep:

And here I am thinking, "Dang...why didn't I think of that scripture/comment? I've got to catch up with these ladies!" :lol:

Thank you for the kind words Shimmie, and I love you all too.

Nice & Wavy

I know.... @Galadriel is on Fi YAH ... I mean God's Fi YAH for Yah is God All Mighty...

You are not kidding....Fi YAH!!!

And here I am thinking, "Dang...why didn't I think of that scripture/comment? I've got to catch up with these ladies!" :lol:

Thank you for the kind words @Shimmie, and I love you all too.
Love you too, Galadriel. Thank you for always standing on the Word!

Shimmie

Staff member
This right here....right on!!!

Nicola (nicola.kirwan) ain't playin' either... Fi Yah! ON Fi Yah!

I'm actually just catching up on this thread. I was only able to read segments during the day between breaks at work. Now I can read more into each post. :yep:

All of you Alll...... are ministering and it's on fire with the Word of God.

Praise God... Sealing the presence of God in this forum. Praise God forever. Lord Jesus, thank you for being in this place and most of all in all of our hearts. Praise your Holy and Wonderful Name. Amen...

Shimmie

Staff member

Thank you for the kind words Shimmie, and I love you all too.

Gala, you are a jewel. I sit and read your replies and I'm just 'quiet' and you know it takes a lot for me to be 'quiet'... :look:

All of you are in here with THE WORD OF GOD... leaving no 'stone' unturned and no stones being thrown.

I just had to 'listen'. :bookworm:

Woooooo Lord, it's the Word of God up in here. And this is what God's heart is after... praising Him and His Word.

Shimmie

Staff member
I disagree. I hear more about heterosexual divorces than homosexuals desiring marriage.

I believe all sins can have grave consequences. I also believe the consequences of homosexuality are not being ignored. If they were, everyone would be in agreement to support their agenda.

That's not what I sayiing here, Love, about the ills of homosexuality exceeding divorce neither I'm not mimizing the ills / sin of divorce. :nono:

I totally agree and I've always maintained that all sins have grave consequences. :yep:

However the consequences of homosexuality and it's ills are indeed being ignored / flatly denied --- and being protected by gays and their supporters as a non-sin which is therefore unrepented sin; it's being heralded as an alternate lifestyle and folks are making a covenant with this sin. They have no intentions of being set free. Rather than see it as sin as scripture clearly states, they have altered scripture in an attempt to validate it.

MrsHaseeb

Poohbear said:
I did not say you were suppose to agree with it just because you're not perfect. :nono: I do not support gay marriage either. I guess you missed my point and allowed Shimmie's post about me "disrespecting and mistreating you" to have an influence on you. I was not doing what she said. And yes, I was asking a serious question. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic at all, nor did I call your comment ridiculous like you have said about mine. :ohwell: Thanks for answering.

I will humble myself. I actually posted this before reading Shimmie's post and I responded based on how I took what you wrote. I understand that it can be difficult to capture the tone of a post based on words alone. Maybe I misunderstood your tone. If so, love and apologies.

Shimmie

Staff member
The gays behaviour against Chick Fil A ... :nono:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...m-gay-artist-take-credit-for-hate-scrawl.html

A gay artist has taken credit for vandalism at a Chick-fil-A restaurant in Torrance last week just before a national protest by gay-rights supporters, as police continue to investigate.

The words "Tastes Like Hate" were painted on the side of the restaurant Thursday night, just before "National Same-Sex Kiss Day" was set to begin. In that event, couples were told to send photos of themselves kissing at Chick-fil-A restaurants around the nation to various gay-rights websites.

Huge crowds turned out Wednesday in a show of support for company President Dan Cathy, who ignited a national debate by publicly expressing his opposition to same-sex marriage. Critics have also said the company supports causes harmful to gays and lesbians.

The artist took responsibility for the graffiti in an interview with the Huffington Post on Friday.

"Everybody is entitled to free speech, but it seems like for the gay tribe, this is more of an issue of equal rights -- human rights," Manny Castro told the site. "I'm against what these people stand for, what this company stands for. They're trying to take away what little rights we already have."

Denise Spencer, who visited the Torrance restaurant Friday, said that she was sad to see the vandalism and that it hurt the message of tolerance that gay marriage proponents are pushing.

"The president of the company has the right to say what he feels, just like gays and lesbians do, but when you destroy someone's property ... it only creates negativity," Spencer said.

-- Lauren Williams in Costa Mesa, Ruben Vives in Torrance and Rosanna Xia in Los Angeles

Photo: Workers paint over graffiti left on a Chick-fil-A restaurant in Torrance. Credit: Sandy Mazza / Daily Breeze

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tage-Same-Sex-Kiss-Day.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Chick Fil A's Reaction to their rude display...

Other Chick fil a 's over the country fed the protesters sandwiches and lemonade. It was very hot outside and Chick fil a cared... the fed and gave drink to their enemies....

We're not the ones showing hate.... :nono:

Last edited:

Galadriel

Thanks for sharing, Shimmie

The guy being interviewed is arguing that Cathy is trying to take away his rights...really? Cathy simply expressed his belief that marriage is a contract/covenant between a man and woman--a belief that most people in most places in the existence of the world have held.

Btw, since when was marriage a "right"? The State distinguishes between valid and invalid participants in marriage all the time (e.g., you can't marry someone who's already married, you can't marry your parent or sibling, you can't marry someone under the age of consent, etc.) but I don't hear people from these groups talking about rights, unfair treatment and how their struggle is just like the Civil Rights movement or women's suffrage :ohwell:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...m-gay-artist-take-credit-for-hate-scrawl.html

A gay artist has taken credit for vandalism at a Chick-fil-A restaurant in Torrance last week just before a national protest by gay-rights supporters, as police continue to investigate.

The words "Tastes Like Hate" were painted on the side of the restaurant Thursday night, just before "National Same-Sex Kiss Day" was set to begin. In that event, couples were told to send photos of themselves kissing at Chick-fil-A restaurants around the nation to various gay-rights websites.

Huge crowds turned out Wednesday in a show of support for company President Dan Cathy, who ignited a national debate by publicly expressing his opposition to same-sex marriage. Critics have also said the company supports causes harmful to gays and lesbians.

The artist took responsibility for the graffiti in an interview with the Huffington Post on Friday.

"Everybody is entitled to free speech, but it seems like for the gay tribe, this is more of an issue of equal rights -- human rights," Manny Castro told the site. "I'm against what these people stand for, what this company stands for. They're trying to take away what little rights we already have."

Denise Spencer, who visited the Torrance restaurant Friday, said that she was sad to see the vandalism and that it hurt the message of tolerance that gay marriage proponents are pushing.

"The president of the company has the right to say what he feels, just like gays and lesbians do, but when you destroy someone's property ... it only creates negativity," Spencer said.

-- Lauren Williams in Costa Mesa, Ruben Vives in Torrance and Rosanna Xia in Los Angeles

Photo: Workers paint over graffiti left on a Chick-fil-A restaurant in Torrance. Credit: Sandy Mazza / Daily Breeze

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tage-Same-Sex-Kiss-Day.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Other Chick fil a 's over the country fed the protesters sandwiches and lemonade. It was very hot outside and Chick fil a cared... the fed and gave drink to their enemies....

Nice & Wavy

:nono: and you know what? There was a report yesterday on HLN that not only did they protest by kissing, they were kissing people they didn't know...just some of the protesters that showed up:nono:.

They showed Mr. Cathy and the rest of the world what they really think about marriage:rolleyes:

What that artist did was just a small thing compared to what really happens and is not reported on the news.

It's going to keep getting worse and those who applaud it will do this:

And those who oppose the ACT, not the people, will do this:

Belle Du Jour

And another thing.... People kill me with this whole argument about worrying about your own sins and not the sins of others. I have to disagree. That's not to say we need to go around forcing our beliefs on others and preaching to them but it should be a life lead that draws people to Christ. There is a loving way to be vocal about the fact that we are against certain things. We can speak the truth in love, we don't have to sit back and shut up as if it doesn't matter...

Matthew 28:19 NIV

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

If we are supposed to disciple the nations why are we convinced that the way to do that is by sitting back and shutting up and staying in the church? That's why things have gotten out of hand. The real children of God are holed up in the church instead of preaching the gospel of God's kingdom to a dying world. "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven" This saddens me. Why can't we see the enemy has an agenda? Why are we so ignorant of his devices.

Yes! Jesus Christ gave his apostles "the Great Commission" (I love that hymn BTW!), to spread His truth. Where would we all be if those 12 men decided to "worry about their own sins" and just fade to black? :nono: Peter wasn't perfect--he denied Christ 3 times and went into hiding. What if he got stuck on his own sin?

It astounds me that our apostolic fathers--12 ordinary men--blazed a trail 2000 years ago that continues today! God's light will never be extinguished despite the plans of the enemy.

Belle Du Jour

I'm getting chills reading this thread.

And that picture of the Chick-Fil-A man bringing drinks to the gay protestors speaks VOLUMES. :yep:

ETA: I almost feel like there needs to be worldwide fasting and prayer movement for traditional marriage. I'm talking all Christians--Catholic and Protestant--who believe in that prayer can release God's power in this area. We need to raise our voices together and plead the blood of Jesus and beg for His Divine Mercy.

Last edited:

SummerSolstice

I love that they decided to feed them. I mean seriously what does it take for someone to realize that they are acting like a screaming toddler?

LucieLoo12

@Laela
.:ohwell:

Did you read the statement when I clearly said, I do not condemn any Christian who is involved in the politics of it? You said I am INDEED condeming? So you will just make an automatic assumption about the meaning of statement? You can't unless ,the post specifically said I am condeming them or I am against them. You are doing the same thing you are accusing me of.

Once again, the statement says, I. This is what I choose to do. I choose to intercede. When the battles went on in the bible EVERYONE did not go out to battle. Some had to stay back and take care of the rest. I NEVER said a Christian was wrong for holding up a sign. I myself also said in my statement I can't see myself doing it, UNLESS God leads me to. So how can i speak against something that may be the will of God. So I took your breath away, you can breathe now. Please ask me what I meant before making any assumptions about my post because that is not what I meant. Did I ever say they wasn't praying? Where did that come from? The statement about our weapons are not being carnal...isn't that the word? All I was saying was that, the politics of it all its not going to be the only thing that changes thing, but it's through prayer also we see changes

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
:nono: and you know what? There was a report yesterday on HLN that not only did they protest by kissing, they were kissing people they didn't know...just some of the protesters that showed up:nono:.

They showed Mr. Cathy and the rest of the world what they really think about marriage:rolleyes:

What that artist did was just a small thing compared to what really happens and is not reported on the news.

This picture right here brings tears to my eyes.

The 'difference' in us is Jesus; we fall to Him in prayers. Not hateful protests; bomb threats, destroying the property of others and then brag about it. Nor making youtubes bullying CFA employees... we go to God in prayer. :lol:

BTW: Now as for Those monkeys in the other picture .... :rofl:

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes! Jesus Christ gave his apostles "the Great Commission" (I love that hymn BTW!), to spread His truth. Where would we all be if those 12 men decided to "worry about their own sins" and just fade to black? :nono: Peter wasn't perfect--he denied Christ 3 times and went into hiding. What if he got stuck on his own sin?

It astounds me that our apostolic fathers--12 ordinary men--blazed a trail 2000 years ago that continues today! God's light will never be extinguished despite the plans of the enemy.

YES... :yep: :yep: :yep: that Light cannot be extinguished.

Belle, your post from yesterday morning is still burning in my heart... the purpose of Marriage for a man and woman to raise more children to honour God. My Lord how that burns in my heart.

We have to continue to teach our children, and our children's children, including our nieces, nephews, cousins and all of those whom God has placed into our lives... to love and honour God.

We seek God and pray for the wisdom from God to flow from our hearts and minds to teach what and how will capture their hearts and minds for Jesus and to seal them in the Blood of the Lamb.

We bind the strongman and the enemy of our souls'... we bind the enemy from our children and our generations yet to come. We uphold the Truth and the Word and the Love of God, for unto us His Word was given... in the very beginning ........was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was (and is) God and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us and now lives within us and cannot be removed, in Jesus Name.

We dedicate our children to the Body of Christ; for that which we dedicate (give / commit unto the Lord, He will not cast out / nor away; but He will keep / embrace within His heart and nothing and no one can take them out of His hands.

Praise Jesus... Praise Jesus... Praise Jesus.... Praise Jesus. The Lord of Hosts, The Lord Strong and Mighty, The Lord Mighty in Battle. Who shall ascend into His holy place. He that has clean hands and a pure heart, that seeks His face and honours Him in spirit and in truth.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... Sweet Wonderful Jesus... Glory Glory Glory unto your Name. Praise the name of Jesus...forever and ever, Amen.

Shimmie

Staff member
I love that they decided to feed them. I mean seriously what does it take for someone to realize that they are acting like a screaming toddler?

:amen: Little Summer... Amen.

It melted my heart, because you can see the love of God flowing from the hearts of those who chose to love and feed the protesters, when they could have called the police instead and had them arrested for obstructing their place of business.

Shimmie

Staff member

Sis... those pictures of the protesters with their 'public display behaviour' ... is an illustration of the scripture you posted [up thread] from the book of Genesis... regarding Sodom and Gomorrah. "They had absolutely NO shame, for their actions... none. " :nono:

Of all of the 'acts they could have chosen to do to express their disagreement with Chick Fil A... they chose to do that. :nono: and then they were asked to take and post pictures of their display on the web for 'all' to see.

Lord have mercy... :nono:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I'm getting chills reading this thread.

And that picture of the Chick-Fil-A man bringing drinks to the gay protestors speaks VOLUMES. :yep:

ETA: I almost feel like there needs to be worldwide fasting and prayer movement for traditional marriage. I'm talking all Christians--Catholic and Protestant--who believe in that prayer can release God's power in this area. We need to raise our voices together and plead the blood of Jesus and beg for His Divine Mercy.

Last night and this morning I was thinking about Daniel's fast. A minister at last night's service mentioned the verse, "The prayers of a righteous man avail much," and that if we do not pray, we will not avail anything at all. But we can. It's a choice we have to manifest God's will through prayer and fasting, or to neglect it and see nothing happen.

When Daniel prayed, he prayed for his people and confessed the sins of the land:

from Daniel 9 said:
"I prayed to the Lord my God and made confession, saying, “O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, 5 we have sinned and done wrong and acted wickedly land rebelled, turning aside from your commandments and rules. 6 We have not listened to http://www.esvbible.org/Ezr9.11;Zc1.6/your servants the prophets, who spoke in your name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land. 7 To you, http://www.esvbible.org/Dn9.14;Lm1.18/O Lord, belongs righteousness, but to us open shame, as at this day, to the men of Judah, to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to all Israel, those who are near and those who are far away, in all the lands to which you have driven them, because of the treachery that they have committed against you. 8 To us, O Lord, belongs open shame, to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers, because http://www.esvbible.org/Dn9.5/we have sinned against you. 9 To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against him 10 and have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God by walking in his laws, which he set before us by nhis servants the prophets."

"As it is written in the Law of Moses, all this calamity has come upon us; yet we have not entreated the favor of the Lord our God, turning from our iniquities and gaining insight by your truth. 14 Therefore the Lord has kept ready the calamity and has brought it upon us, http://www.esvbible.org/Neh9.33;Dn9.7/for the Lord our God is righteous in all the works that he has done, and http://www.esvbible.org/Dn9.10/we have not obeyed his voice."

Malachi 4:6 said:
And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.”

Shall we fast?

Belle Du Jour

Belle, your post from yesterday morning is still burning in my heart... the purpose of Marriage for a man and woman to raise more children to honour God. My Lord how that burns in my heart.

We have to continue to teach our children, and our children's children, including our nieces, nephews, cousins and all of those whom God has placed into our lives... to love and honour God.

It is so important. :nono: But:
-some men are in a protracted state of adolescence and are not stepping up to their responsibility to marry
-some are ready to marry and have children but can't find a spouse for anything
-Some married folks are not open to life and not allowing the next generation to even be born (contracepting)

:nono: Let me hold my peace.

SummerSolstice

It is so important. :nono: But:
-some men are in a protracted state of adolescence and are not stepping up to their responsibility to marry
-some are ready to marry and have children but can't find a spouse for anything
-Some married folks are not open to life and not allowing the next generation to even be born (contracepting)

:nono: Let me hold my peace.

i understand this. i am thinking about not having kids. it costs too much. its sad but its true... I know we're supposed to trust in God abt these things but theres not much to work with right now.

Nice & Wavy

This picture right here brings tears to my eyes.

The 'difference' in us is Jesus; we fall to Him in prayers. Not hateful protests; bomb threats, destroying the property of others and then brag about it. Nor making youtubes bullying CFA employees... we go to God in prayer. :lol:

BTW: Now as for Those monkeys in the other picture .... :rofl:
I'm sorry about the monkeys....as you can see, I was up pretty late and I just couldn't help posting it...it just fit, you know?

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my picture...if I did, I am so sorry.

Now 'Me'...stop laughing at me:lachen: