It's Wig Season.....

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@hair4romheaven

I find the netted ones are a lot more breathable and easier on the edges. Haven't had any problems with them snagging, pulling etc...

The "stocking cap" one(s) are more 'drying' IMO. The one I had, I felt like it was sucking out all the moisture from my hair by the end of the day, when I removed it after work.

I haven't tried a Bonnet or Silk Scarf. The Bonnet may not be a bad idea (for winter). A scarf seems a little bulky. @ilong

hair4romheaven

Well I'm sorry :confused:

I thought every season was wig season since they're worn year 'round... excuse me. :abducted:
You prefaced your comment with "you know you don't belong" I was just confirming. Lol
No need to be sorry. It's all light hearted. Enjoy your Saturday! :)

hair4romheaven

@hair4romheaven

I find the netted ones are a lot more breathable and easier on the edges. Haven't had any problems with them snagging, pulling etc...

The "stocking cap" one(s) are more 'drying' IMO. The one I had, I felt like it was sucking out all the moisture from my hair by the end of the day, when I removed it after work.

I haven't tried a Bonnet or Silk Scarf. The Bonnet may not be a bad idea (for winter). A scarf seems a little bulky. @ilong
I'm going to try it this week. The stockings are tight and drying. I also need to braid my hair down better as it gets rather big after a few days.

ilong

God's Own
@CodeRed - when I read @hair4romheaven - I immediately knew she was "jus' funning <my word> with you" - so much so I scrolled to see your Avatar because I thought it was because your hair was very long you wouldn't need or wear a wig, which it may be. And yep not only every season is wig season for me EVERY DAY is wig day for me. So I don't believe any shade <ha-ha, see what you all having me doing, using this word :spinning:> was intended.

@IDareT'sHair - are you speaking of netted hair bonnets? I haven't tried those either. Believe or not the satin hair bonnets feel VERY good under my "Cover Girls" ;)

hair4romheaven

Its too hot in TX (for me) to wear wigs year round.

I just use a stocking cap.

Curious on where to find a silk scarf.
Agreed. It's to hot here during the spring and summer. Let me know when you find a silk scarf thats short enough to not create bulk under your wig. I have to rebraid to often now that my hair is mbl. I cut it from wl as it was too much to deal with. I'm also looking for braid patterns. The cornrows are no longer working.

Aggie

I dont know how come stocking caps are eating away everyone's edges but i wear them with no issues whatsoever. It may be because i really heavily moisturize my hair before putting them on. But then again, my edges at the front are always outside the cap.

GGsKin

@yaya24 - I went to the fabric store and purchase some pieces of silk fabric, stitched the borders down (to prevent fraying and raveling) and voila' - silk scarves. :)
I don't cut any of the fabric width, so the finished scarves are long.

I do the same thing, but I don't stitch the torn edges so they probably don't end up lasting as long as yours (still a long time). I just wear them until they can be worn no more.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I use something heavy to moisturize before bed. In the morning I mist my cornrows with a conditioner/water/SAA /rosemary oil mix.

Because I only wear a thin stocking cap, I don't want my wig getting all stringy bc of the product on my real hair.

I haven't had any issues yet with this.