I've been rinsing my hair and now the color won't go away

locabouthair

I was wearing a half wig and I used a black rinse for the front of my hair to blend it better with the wig. I haven't used a rinse since November/December and the color is still there. It's not going away.

I'm kinda happy because I did wish my hair was darker but I'm hoping there is not damage because the color seems to be permanent. I used sebastians colorshines and it doesnt have any ammonia or peroxide so how did the color become permanent? I guess I used it too much.

What do you ladies think?

nymane

A couple years back I used a red KISS rinse (twice within 3-4 months) and it didn't fade for like 2 years...good thing I liked the color.

People kept asking me if I was still using the rinse regularly...

a_shoe_6307

Same thing happens to me. And it even seeps deep into my hair follicle I think because I will look like I haven't had any growth, but I will and my roots will take months to really grow out. I remember I dyed my hair with a semi-perm color and the (random) stylist I went to for a relaxer touch up would not do it because I only had 1/4 inch of new growth when in reality I hadn't dyed my hair in 3 months. As well, when I was a red/brown color it stayed almost a year before it faded. I also did a henna back in October and the red has yet to fade. All this being said I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. Sorry so long!

Filmatic

This happened to me with Punky Colors. I wanted a purple tint but my hair came out a dark turquoise. I ended up having to strip it. s

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
black rinses are notoriously stubborn and will stay on your hair forever. i don't know the exact science of it, though...it's fortunate you like the color! :yep:

Beaute Noire

black rinses are notoriously stubborn and will stay on your hair forever. i don't know the exact science of it, though...it's fortunate you like the color! :yep:
^^Cosigning!! Black rinses NEVER wash out...you have to grow it out/cut it out cause sometimes when you lift/bleach over a black rinse the hair can turn green :nono:<-Happened to me! Lucky for me I love my hair rinsed black so I guess I'm going to be a slave to it for a long time...Just rinsed black on monday matter of fact!

locabouthair

^^Cosigning!! Black rinses NEVER wash out...you have to grow it out/cut it out cause sometimes when you lift/bleach over a black rinse the hair can turn green :nono:<-Happened to me! Lucky for me I love my hair rinsed black so I guess I'm going to be a slave to it for a long time...Just rinsed black on monday matter of fact!

I never knew this. I notice that the area with the color looks healthier and shinier than the hair without the color, since I only applied to the front of my hair.

Now I have another question I was going to use a subtle cherry red color. I know most color rinses dont show up unless you're in the sun. If I use this on top of the black will it show?

prospurr4

I've been using KISS black rinse for years, and it doesn't fade away, and covers gray beautifully. Even after a texlax touchup, that color just hangs on...I just touchup my roots ever so often.

Eisani

This has always happened to me with my rinses; they never completely faded, and I get root grow out like the color is permanent. Idk if it has to do with hair porosity or what the deal is, but I don't even bother trying to fight it anymore.