I've come to the Descision to Transition

SILKE74 - thanks for the luck! take a look at my fotki, in the about me section its explains my journey...

Thanks MsCounselor and PerfectDoak!

IT SEEMS AS IF YOU LIVE BY KERACARE IS THAT PRODUCT THAT GREAT AND WOULD YOU SUGGEST IT TO SOMEONE ELSE TO TRY

Oh I'm so excited for you, you sound so happy. Best of luck and congrats on your decision. Your little girl natural pics are adorable.

Congratulations!!!!!! You sound do happy. I am sure there will be tuff times but I wish you blessings and continued excitement on your natural journey.

I thought it was another Candy_C posting this, just had to make sure it was really you. :lol:
Congrats on your decision, and good luck! ;)

Sweet_Ambrosia said:
I thought it was another Candy_C posting this, just had to make sure it was really you. :lol:

Yeah, I was quite shocked by this announcement myself, lol.

lol i was shocked myself. i need a link to natural regimes...anybody have them online?

my hair twin would be Mel B from the Spice Girls, so if anybody has that type holla!

thanks for the luck peeps xXx

i may transition for a year and see where i'm at, if my hair continues to grow fast then i should have some decent length by then. i think ill do the BC early seen as my natural hair is 10x thicker than my relaxed hair. luckily i can make my relaxed hair look natural just by combing with some oil so i wont look so scraggly!

Candy_C said:
yep yep, as of today i'm offically transitioning to natural and i cant wait. i would really appreciate it if any body could post links to threads that has transitioning tips, natural hair tips and words of wisdom regarding transitioning and natural hair!

my reasons:

• I love my relaxed hair, but i also love when its combing day and my hair turns big and bushy i feel at my most beautiful
  • relaxed hair is boring me, all i do it bun it, i cant and dont want to use heat on it at all
  • its healthy and what not, but what can be more stronger than natural afro hair?
  • i'm fed up of my hairstylist tellin me i need to relax more often as my hair grows to fast..i feel OWNED
  • I never had the choice when i was 11, my mum just sent me 2 my jelous cousin hairstylist to get a relaxer
  • relaxed hair has no character the only way it does it to heat style it or twist it up
  • reached a point in my life where i wanna find myself!

so please wish me luck, i cant see myself giving up on this as i hate when relaxer time comes and i love stretching...

my natural hair is very coarse 3b and its pretty straight, not really much curl pattern, only in the nape...

I'M SO DAMN EXCITED i'm actually crying i'm ready!
Well that's just wonderful Candy_C!

A few tips on transitioning:
*Keep new growth moisturize
*Style hair in a way to blend the new growth and relaxed hair
*Have fun!

Best wishes to you on your journey to natural hair.

Candy_C said:
lol i was shocked myself. i need a link to natural regimes...anybody have them online?

my hair twin would be Mel B from the Spice Girls, so if anybody has that type holla!
I don't have any links to natural regimens, but check out Pokahontas's album and testimony777's album. Their hair looks to be 'type 3a/b'. Btw, I'm not a hair typing expert. Everyone's natural hair texture is so different in many ways and is not limited to Andre's system.

Last edited:
Good luck on your natural journey Candy. I know you will love your natural hair. It sounds like you are more than ready. I transitioned before I found hair boards so if I can do it than I know you can.

:dance7:
Good for you! All excited and stuff. Your plan sounds like a good one. I know that if/when I transition, I'll just be braiding up my hair to make it easier. That's always what I do when I have alot of newgrowth anyway.

Candy_C said:
the thing is, shes kinda getting on in age (60's) and its a lot of hair for her to deal with, if i leave it for 3 months she starts to complain, and to be honest, i cant be bothered with her anymore, shes the best thing for my hair, but its like relaxing is something i'm doing cuz i've always done it..

i think i'm gonna trim 1/2 every month to keep it around the same length, do twist outs and basically still treat my hair with care till my new growth takes over and i'll probabley chop when it gets to a cut off point!

Hey girlie! I'm transitioning for the THIRD AND FINAL TIME!!! I realized why I hated my relaxed hair so much. BORING!! I'm bored out of my mind. I want my BAF back. I got so much attention then. So I'll be your transition buddy if you want one. I am about 2.5 months post so I have about 1" of natural hair. I won't do a big chop because I'm length obsessed but I won't be using heat of any kind and extremely low manip.

I'll start updating my fotki (if I can find it) and posting pics up here. We can PM each other through our triumphs and struggles.

HAPPY TRANSITIONING!!!

Candy_C said:
Thanks peeps! and whoever rated the thread 1 star..iTS ALL GOOD :D

CountryGal i would be honoured if you sent me some of you photos! I think your hair is goregeous, and jasmine26, woah your hair is beautiful too!

i'm already picturing myself wid a huge afro, sunglasses and some bling bling nex yr summer!

edited to say: Jasmine26 i'm lookin at motown girls site right now, its really good, shes answered most of the questions i had! i will check the other site now :)

Thanks, CC. I definitely.

I think I'm going to give it a try too, and then by December I hope I have enough new growth to decide if this is a journey I really want to take.

Congrats on your decision!

danimani said:
I think I'm going to give it a try too, and then by December I hope I have enough new growth to decide if this is a journey I really want to take.

Congrats on your decision![/quote]

DITTO, this is my plan also

Congrats!!! Since I'm a professional transitioner (14 months & counting) :lol: , let me know if I can be of assistance. Best Wishes on your journey! Just be patient and don't have any expectations! It'll be fun! :D

kitchen_tician said:
Congrats!!! Since I'm a professional transitioner (14 months & counting) :lol: , let me know if I can be of assistance. Best Wishes on your journey! Just be patient and don't have any expectations! It'll be fun! :D

heyyy! so glad u popped in, your hairs looking great..wow 14 months! how much longer do you plan to transition? so glad u haven't BC yet, your pics give me a very good idea as to how much hair will look...

i've found salerm 21 to be a GOD SEND right now on both regrowth and relaxed strands:D

Candy_C said:
heyyy! so glad u popped in, your hairs looking great..wow 14 months! how much longer do you plan to transition? so glad u haven't BC yet, your pics give me a very good idea as to how much hair will look...

i've found salerm 21 to be a GOD SEND right now on both regrowth and relaxed strands:D

I'm glad you're finding products that are working. I'm not sure when or if I'll even big chop. :look: I've been doing aggressive trims and this is working well. I cut 3 inches a couple of weeks ago. Then another 2 inches in February and then an inch a little before that. If you can handle the 2 textures, you may want to try trimming a little here and there, before your big chop.

Back