I've created a monster!! Thanks!!

Blkprincess

in my mom, that is. I've been nursing her hair, trying to get her length back. she let's me try everything in her hair. last Monday I did her Bigen color for her grays, deep conditioned and rollerset it for her. it was ear length in the first pic. she's so thrilled it's growing back, and healthy, too. now she got a cute little bob. she came home from church and could not stop checking her hair out in the mirror:lachen::lachen: mom dukes is just too cute. I had to practically force her to wrap it before she went to bed, she just wanted it to be swanging all around the house.:yep: letting it flip for dad!! :lachen:thanks for all your advice ladies. getting her to keep it pinned up is becoming a prob now that it's brushing her shoulders.:kiss3: I swear she stay up in the mirror now:grin::grin:

don't worry, I'm telling her the importance of doing so to retain her length and protect those ends. it's long enough for a baby ponytail!! she's heeding the advice, I'll keep you ladies posted.....

thank you for giving my mommy hope:grouphug3:

Attachments

• mom4blur.JPG
    mom4blur.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 92
  • mom08.JPG
    mom08.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 108

Blkprincess

:lachen::lachen::lachen:it's not too much too ask, they did give us life. my mom is my best friend so I don't mind, I usually volunteer. she is still trying to perfect her rollerset on her own, buy I gladly do them for her. but I can't get her out the dang mirror!!! steady reachin' for a comb. I'm like :naughty: step away from the comb mommy!!! low mani. low mani. :grin:

Isis

I love reading about stories like yours, especially with relatives. :yep: Thank you for sharing!

PuffyBrown

Go girl.

I got one too. I started to buy my mother hair products so that she would stop coming and getting my stuff.
The funny thing is she acts like a know it all but then when you turn your back she doing what you are doing....acting "like" she has been doing it all along...too funny..

Keep it up....good job!

Blkprincess

here's another back shot....she was in a rush to get out the door to get to church...I was like wait mommy:Flahsssss

I even got her into to the habit of wearing a satin bonnet every night. :lachen:

Attachments

• mom081.JPG
    mom081.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 44

AsTheCurlzTurns

Aawwwee how saawweeeeeeeeeeeet!!! Ahem, do I smell a mother/daughter competition coming up? LOL:lachen::lachen::lachen:
But seriously, with the both of you into healthy hair and such, I wouldn't be surprised if people start saying ya'll look like sisters one day:grin:
But you doing a great job gurlie, such progress!!!:up: Tell Mommy she got it going on now and knows who she has to thank for it! LOL:grin:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
That's wonderful of you to help your mother like that :)
Her hair looks so thick and healthy now!
It's such a good feeling when you know you look good...:yep:

I try to give my mom some tips now and then, but she is stuck in her ways...LOL

ricochet

I try to give my mom some tips now and then, but she is stuck in her ways...LOL

Keep working on her...My Mom was probably the most stubborn, stuck in her ways, person until I kept buzzing in her ear like a little mosquito. After about 3 years of my naturaldom and her still going through with her stylist, breakage down to 1/2 an inch, bald spots, trying a texturizer, etc, she just couldn't take it anymore. She came to me, and like analysts, we decided that the C&G method was best for her with her job, the low maintenance she needed, do-it-yourself, etc. I put her onto the crown and glory method and I am proud to say Mommy is fully natural, no more bald or thinning spots and her hair has passed her shoulders, healthy and thick from root to ends. I will have to get her to send me a pic of her hair. She is so happy that she has her '70s fro back! It is so wonderful to see a black woman feel good about her real hair these days, especially my beautiful Mom! She still exclusively uses the C&G method, every 2 months, and takes her hair down in between to wear twists, twistouts, puffs, etc. She moisturizes daily with her BnB Braid Spray and washes her hair while in the braids as well. Keep pestering her, she'll come around. :)

JerriBlank

Go girl.

I got one too. I started to buy my mother hair products so that she would stop coming and getting my stuff.
The funny thing is she acts like a know it all but then when you turn your back she doing what you are doing....acting "like" she has been doing it all along...too funny..

Keep it up....good job!

:lachen:
Hilarious!!!
here's another back shot....she was in a rush to get out the door to get to church...I was like wait mommy:Flahsssss
She is really making progress:yep:Very nice!

JerriBlank

Keep working on her...My Mom was probably the most stubborn, stuck in her ways, person until I kept buzzing in her ear like a little mosquito. After about 3 years of my naturaldom and her still going through with her stylist, breakage down to 1/2 an inch, bald spots, trying a texturizer, etc, she just couldn't take it anymore. She came to me, and like analysts, we decided that the C&G method was best for her with her job, the low maintenance she needed, do-it-yourself, etc. I put her onto the crown and glory method and I am proud to say Mommy is fully natural, no more bald or thinning spots and her hair has passed her shoulders, healthy and thick from root to ends. I will have to get her to send me a pic of her hair. She is so happy that she has her '70s fro back! It is so wonderful to see a black woman feel good about her real hair these days, especially my beautiful Mom! She still exclusively uses the C&G method, every 2 months, and takes her hair down in between to wear twists, twistouts, puffs, etc. She moisturizes daily with her BnB Braid
Spray and washes her hair while in the braids as well. Keep pestering her, she'll come around. :)
Girl you just said a mouthful:yep:
Soooooo true!

MJ

Wonderful stories! I feel good reading about your happiness :yep:. Thanks for sharing.

tada1

:lachen::lachen::lachen:it's not too much too ask, they did give us life. my mom is my best friend so I don't mind, I usually volunteer. she is still trying to perfect her rollerset on her own, buy I gladly do them for her. but I can't get her out the dang mirror!!! steady reachin' for a comb. I'm like :naughty: step away from the comb mommy!!! low mani. low mani. :grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: that's too cute!

Blkprincess

more pics of mom's hair...I did another rollerset for her Saturday night

Attachments

• momback.JPG
    momback.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 8
  • momsides.JPG
    momsides.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 8

metalkitty

What a cute story! Your mom's hair is lovely and I can tell the differences in sheen and thickness. You're lucky to have a mom that listens to your advice about hair. My mom's starting to by borrowing my semi expensive Barry Fletcher conditioner and accidentally spilling half of the dang jar in the shower and acting like it's no biggie! Lol!

myco

Keep working on her...My Mom was probably the most stubborn, stuck in her ways, person until I kept buzzing in her ear like a little mosquito. After about 3 years of my naturaldom and her still going through with her stylist, breakage down to 1/2 an inch, bald spots, trying a texturizer, etc, she just couldn't take it anymore. She came to me, and like analysts, we decided that the C&G method was best for her with her job, the low maintenance she needed, do-it-yourself, etc. I put her onto the crown and glory method and I am proud to say Mommy is fully natural, no more bald or thinning spots and her hair has passed her shoulders, healthy and thick from root to ends. I will have to get her to send me a pic of her hair. She is so happy that she has her '70s fro back! It is so wonderful to see a black woman feel good about her real hair these days, especially my beautiful Mom! She still exclusively uses the C&G method, every 2 months, and takes her hair down in between to wear twists, twistouts, puffs, etc. She moisturizes daily with her BnB Braid Spray and washes her hair while in the braids as well. Keep pestering her, she'll come around. :)

I agree. I had to keep working on my mom. But I finally converted her too. She was one of those women who never did her own hair. I finally convinced her that water was not the enemy. Now she has a regular regimen and her hair is growing like a weed. It's back to looking like it was when she was in her 20s. She actually said that she never thought she'd see the day when she looked forward to washing her hair.

I think she's turning into a PJ though. She and my sister were in the BSS for over an hour one day while my mom read labels.

Blkprincess

I was thinking of trying the JFM texture softener on her hair in a couple of weeks....her hair texture is very different from mine, like 3a/3b....I think it would look gorgeous natural. I'm too scared to go natural, and I doubt I'll be able to convince her as well.:lachen: but, it is coming along nicely thanks to the advice of this board.

Last edited:

Blkprincess

I agree. I had to keep working on my mom. But I finally converted her too. She was one of those women who never did her own hair. I finally convinced her that water was not the enemy. Now she has a regular regimen and her hair is growing like a weed. It's back to looking like it was when she was in her 20s. She actually said that she never thought she'd see the day when she looked forward to washing her hair.

I think she's turning into a PJ though. She and my sister were in the BSS for over an hour one day while my mom read labels.

before this board, to think that I used to rag on her for washing her hair so often:ohwell: and now I'm encouraging her to cowash more often:rolleyes: I get my PJ-ism from my mom

Blkprincess

What a cute story! Your mom's hair is lovely and I can tell the differences in sheen and thickness. You're lucky to have a mom that listens to your advice about hair. My mom's starting to by borrowing my semi expensive Barry Fletcher conditioner and accidentally spilling half of the dang jar in the shower and acting like it's no biggie! Lol!

I usually buy double products just to give mommy her own set

Creatividual

her hair looks great. Go head girl, show her the way!:grin: I wish my mother and my lil sis would listen to me.....:rolleyes: