My Mommy's Progress....thanks ladies

Blkprincess

My mother's hair has been progressing very nicely. I've been caring for it for her, doing her part as well. it's getting fuller and longer despite being 60, and dealing with thinning/shedding from menopause and her diabetes...mommy's swanging that hair. I did her touch up yesterday...and I'm so jealous of her texlaxed hair. :shocked::love:(no, I do not have my mom's hair/texture:nono:)mom's like a 3, and I'm like 4z to the nth power. enjoy the updates, there's hope for ladies 50/60 and up!!:grin:...I'm texlaxing her hair from now on (she refuses to go natural)....I might have to convince her to try a wash 'n' go, just so I can play with her twirls and curls.

thanks again ladies for all your advice :grouphug3:

Attachments

• bangs4.JPG
    bangs4.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 149
  • momback1.JPG
    momback1.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 216
  • momback2.JPG
    momback2.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 144
  • momrt.JPG
    momrt.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 132
  • momtex2.JPG
    momtex2.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 200

JustKiya

That's so wonderful!!!! Great progress for your Moms!!!! I know she's over the moon, ain't she???

Angelicus

Seriously, my jaw dropped when I saw your pictures. You are so sweet to take care of your mother's hair. That is great progress! I wish my mommie would let me do her hair :(

Blkprincess

more comparison pics, blurry is mommy's starting point July 07, her hair was shedding, breaking, falling out really bad. had short areas in the back and crown area, so she started from scratch and reluctantly cut most of it off.:ohwell:

Attachments

• momcomp.JPG
    momcomp.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 73
  • mom4blur.JPG
    mom4blur.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 49

Blkprincess

Seriously, my jaw dropped when I saw your pictures. You are so sweet to take care of your mother's hair. That is great progress! I wish my mommie would let me do her hair :(

I love doing her hair, while I'm doing it, I tell her all the tips I get from you ladies....I even got her to try MN mix:lachen::lachen:

Blkprincess

very nice progress!! :grin: what is her regimen?

she doesn't have one per se, but she has eliminated the use of heat, junked her curling irons. I wash/set her hair once a week with deep conditioning because she colors to cover her grays. satin bonnet everynight. mx mix/massage scalp. it's shoulder length now so I have to keep reminding her to pin it up so her ends don't get damaged. I showed her how to baggy them, too last week

ebzonix

congrats! it's so nice that you're doing your moms hair and she's letting you. my mom doesnt want to change a thang :nono:

caribgirl

Wow!! You got some growin' hands :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Seriously, you are a peach for helping your mom have healthier, thicker, long hair!!! You are doing a fabulous job! Thanks for inspiring and sharing!

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Wow your moms hair is looking good, you guys are doing a really good job, keep up the good work. Congratz to mommy:grin:

apemay1969

congrats! it's so nice that you're doing your moms hair and she's letting you. my mom doesnt want to change a thang :nono:

:ohwell: I hear ya. I asked my mom if I could wash, dc and help her with her edges. She looked at my head and said "okay so it's longer but it's still thin. Naw gal, I don't need yo help" :lachen::lachen:

I slunk my thin haired self back to her kitchen.:lachen::lachen:

Good for you guys. It must be awesome for your relationship.

Blkprincess

thanks ladies, her hair is actually better looking and healthier than mine. she got me beat :cup: my jaw dropped when I noticed her texlaxed hair, I'm:worship2::love4: sooooo jealous of the soft twirly spirals

Blkprincess

:ohwell: I hear ya. I asked my mom if I could wash, dc and help her with her edges. She looked at my head and said "okay so it's longer but it's still thin. Naw gal, I don't need yo help" :lachen::lachen:

I slunk my thin haired self back to her kitchen.:lachen::lachen:

Good for you guys. It must be awesome for your relationship.

mommy tried you girl:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Extremus

That's sweet of you! You've done a great job!

I wish my mom would let me do her hair :ohwell: Cause lord knows she needs my help! :look:

vestaluv1

I'm really happy for the two of you! Your mothers hair has come along very nicely :yep: ... Keep up the good work Blkprincess!