I'VE FOUND A HAIR SHEDDING MIRACLE!

dimechiq

Just a note this saw palmetto product only helps those with dht or testosterone related hair shedding. Even if your testosterone lab tests are fine, as mine were, if you have a family member is MPB (male pattern or female pattern baldness) this may help you. Also have your iron and thyroid levels checked because both will cause your hair to fall out. If you are pregnant please consult a dr before taking as it may interfere with a male child's growth. I said may, as I don't know. Some dr's prescribe for women. Some may not if you are trying to become pregnant.

http://www.vitacost.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Ultra-Saw-Palmetto-Pygeum#ProductDetails

Vitacost
Retail price: $36.95
Our price: $20.07

I want to help someone else out who may have hair shedding or acne problems.

Ladies I have had horrible HORRIBLE hair shedding. It's literally see through!!!! I'm to young for this!

And my tests came out fine, my hair was was still thinning :blush:. I have family with hair shedding thinning balding issues. I tried every king of hair vitamin and nothing stopped it.

I started taking 3 of these daily with food. Within 3 wks my hair isn't shedding NEARLY as badly. I'd say its reduced it by 70%. And I noticed even the large acne bumps are no more.

I'm so happy *JUMPS UP AND DOWN* :band:

Last edited:

cutenss

I am so happy it is working for you. And thank you for sharing. I think this may help me too. Off to research. :roadrunner:

My Friend

:yay::yay: I'm glad you found something that stops your hair from shedding. Thank you for sharing the product information.

preciouslove0x

Im so glad you found something that works for you! Dont mean to hijack the thread but its completely relevant... I too had bad shedding until I found that black tea rinses could reduce shedding (thanks LHCF and YT!!!). Well I've only done it twice so far and my shedding has COMPLETELY stopped. Not one hair in the comb when detangling. I bought my tea at Walmart in the tea and coffee aisle. It was a little more than 3 bucks for English Breakfast Black tagless tea bags (24 of them).

So OP if you run out of this and dont want to spend the money for a reorder I HIGHLY suggest you try a tea rinse. I've only tried black tea so far and I plan to try herbal or green next. Warning: black tea makes your hair darker (which hasnt occurred yet but I'm glad it will)

magviv

I'm so glad you posted this!! I've have severe shedding for some time! I'm going to try this in combination with the black tea rinses. I've seen progress with retaining length since starting my HHJ but the shedding and thinning totally cancel out the progress I've made and it really discourages me. Hopefully this will allow to me to return to the thickness I used to have and took for granted.

Aggie

The Nioxin Recharging Complex Supplements have both of these ingredients in it and I can attest to the accuracy of the OP's post. It helped to slow down shedding for me as well and it's one of my staple hair vitamins along with Phytospecific Cap Energy Supplements.

US | NIOXIN® Intensive Therapy ® RECHARGING COMPLEX® - (TABLETS)

INGREDIENTS:
VITAMIN A (AS RETINYL ACETATE), VITAMIN C (AS ASCORBIC ACID), VITAMIN D (AS CHOLECALCIFEROL),
VITAMIN B1 (AS THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE), VITAMIN B2 (AS RIBOFLAVIN-5-PHOSPHATE), NIACIN (AS NIACINAMIDE), VITAMIN
B6 (AS PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE), FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN B12 (AS CYANOCOBALAMIN), BIOTIN, PANTOTHENIC ACID (AS
D-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE), ZINC (AS ZINC OXIDE).

PROPRIETARY BLEND:
WILD YAM (ROOT), SARSPARILLA (ROOT), STINGING NETTLE (ROOT) EXTRACT, OAT (AERIAL PARTS)
EXTRACT, PYGEUM (BARK), SAW PALMETTO (BERRIES), BLADDERWRACK (WHOLE FORM), UBIQUINONE (RICE HYDROLYZED/
UBIDECARENONE), TOCOTRIENOLS, PHYTOSTEROL COMPLEX.

Ediese

Thanks so much for posting! I have shedding episodes twice a year, and nothing I do stops it. This is about that time, and I hate seeing the clumps of hair in my comb. I'll definitely try it out.

Bublin

So shedding and acne are related? How so? Well, i suffer from both. Hope i can get this in the UK.

RZILYNT

It says that this is for prostrate support...

It is used for that. Also you will find that some women who suffer from hair loss have more of the hormone called DHT accumulating and it causes hair fall. The Saw Palmetto is an ingredient that helps combat the DHT. You can take it as a supplement and it is also found in shampoo and conditioners. Only caution is that if you knowing have any issues with your Liver that you would want to consult your physician if you plan on taking them as a supplement as most supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA.

I am using a shampoo with Saw Palmetto and it has stopped my shedding. I am pretty certain that I have DHT build up, as my hairline at my temples had been almost non existent, now I am having less hair fall and it is starting to fill in.

RZ~

Aggie

It is used for that. Also you will find that some women who suffer from hair loss have more of the hormone called DHT accumulating and it causes hair fall. The Saw Palmetto is an ingredient that helps combat the DHT. You can take it as a supplement and it is also found in shampoo and conditioners. Only caution is that if you knowing have any issues with your Liver that you would want to consult your physician if you plan on taking them as a supplement as most supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA.

I am using a shampoo with Saw Palmetto and it has stopped my shedding. I am pretty certain that I have DHT build up, as my hairline at my temples had been almost non existent, now I am having less hair fall and it is starting to fill in.

RZ~
I use it in shampoo and conditioner form as well. The brand I use is by Avalon Organics Biotin B-complex Thickening Shampoo and conditioner, which I will be using in a few minutes or in the morning before work:yep:.

dimechiq

Thanks for the info... I have had some bad shedding as well.

So shedding and acne are related? How so? Well, i suffer from both. Hope i can get this in the UK.
T his is due to people who have shedding from hormonal problems that is dht related, like PCOS, Male Pattern Baldness and Female Pattern Baldness. Testosterone in your blood turns into dht and it makes the hair fall out and reduces the size of each hair until its vellus or baby hair.

This is for those who constantly has shedding that hair vits won't help. Because it is hormonal

This article support the same benefits I am seeing.
http://http://www.nutritional-supplements-health-guide.com/saw-palmetto-for-women.html

I also think if you are pregnant then be careful and ask your dr if taking this. It may affect a developing baby boy I think. Not sure but ck and make sure.

It says that this is for prostrate support...
Yeap. Its an herb like Ginko or garlic. But I've been taking it and so has some others on the board with no problems. Let me know if you have heard of anything.

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Great information. Very accurate, as well. DHT is no joke. I tried Saw Palmetto for a while, but discontinued because my boobs were getting bigger. That wasn't quiiiiiite what I was going for, lol. I'd like to try again, perhaps an NSI brand from Vitacost as well.

Last edited:

dimechiq

The brand must make a HUGE difference because I used the walmart brand of Saw Palmetto and nothing happened. I decided to try another brand and THANK GOD!!!!

Also ladies it's almost as affective as spiro but I've read where spiro is believed to have some carcinogenic effects.

I also shampoo my scalp ONLY with Nizoral 2%. It reduces hormonal related shedding
also.

Add a low carb diet to the mix and my shedding will almost 100% diminish. Once I reduced my carbs dramatically and the shedding reduced by 60%.

I'm on my way!!!!

dimechiq

RZ~

RZ,
That is interesting. What kind of shampoo are you using? Do you let it sit on your scalp to penetrate? How often do you use it?

I've often wondered if an SP shampoo would really work.

I use Nizoral 2% (its a dandruff shampoo thats also a staple for reducing dht/hormonal related hair loss and it works! But its only by Rx or you pay alot to ship from Canada). I'd like to not have to buy this stuff.

Also: Don't take with blood thinners or if you have a bleeding problem.

Last edited:

dimechiq

Im so glad you found something that works for you! Dont mean to hijack the thread but its completely relevant... I too had bad shedding until I found that black tea rinses could reduce shedding (thanks LHCF and YT!!!). Well I've only done it twice so far and my shedding has COMPLETELY stopped. Not one hair in the comb when detangling. I bought my tea at Walmart in the tea and coffee aisle. It was a little more than 3 bucks for English Breakfast Black tagless tea bags (24 of them).

So OP if you run out of this and dont want to spend the money for a reorder I HIGHLY suggest you try a tea rinse. I've only tried black tea so far and I plan to try herbal or green next. Warning: black tea makes your hair darker (which hasnt occurred yet but I'm glad it will)

Thanks so much but now help me with this.

I tried a black tea rinse once but I didn't see any difference. Maybe my hair loss is from caused by a and yours is caused by b, thereby results may vary. But is yours from hormones or dht? You will know because someone in your fam may have mpb or fpb or pcos. This will even help those that are POSTmenopause or the PERImenopause because their estrogen decrease allows dht to attack the hair follicles.

So back to your statements, how do you use it? How often?

Pink Hair23

The nursing student in me just had to comment. If your pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant Do Not take this supplement, it's definitely teratogenic!

RZILYNT

RZ,
That is interesting. What kind of shampoo are you using? Do you let it sit on your scalp to penetrate? How often do you use it?

I've often wondered if an SP shampoo would really work.

I use Nizoral 2% (its a dandruff shampoo thats also a staple for reducing dht/hormonal related hair loss and it works! But its only by Rx or you pay alot to ship from Canada). I'd like to not have to buy this stuff.

Also: Don't take with blood thinners or if you have a bleeding problem.

Hey, I am currently using groganics shampoo and I let it sit for 5 minutes. I shampoo every other day. I am relaxed and I air dry. I am trying their head full of hair cream as well, but will discontinue after it is gone since it has mineral oil in it. If I get it too far down may hair line I will get pimples.

RZ~

preciouslove0x

Actually I think I was having major shedding because of a growth aid I was using. So no it was neither hormones or dht. So I definitely see where you're coming from. My shedding was just from a reaction to the topical product.

But just to go ahead and answer your questions. First I want to see I don't use any protein treatments, only moisture.

The tea rinse is super super simple. I boil a cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes. I take it out and drop in one of the tagless tea bags. I let it sit for a couple of hours. I then wet my hair and use my aussie moist and leave it in and I then pour my black tea over my damp saturated with aussie moist hair. I don't rinse (some do and some dont). Also I use it with every cowash which is every other day to every 3 days.

Thanks so much but now help me with this.

I tried a black tea rinse once but I didn't see any difference. Maybe my hair loss is from caused by a and yours is caused by b, thereby results may vary. But is yours from hormones or dht? You will know because someone in your fam may have mpb or fpb or pcos. This will even help those that are POSTmenopause or the PERImenopause because their estrogen decrease allows dht to attack the hair follicles.

So back to your statements, how do you use it? How often?

dimechiq

The nursing student in me just had to comment. If your pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant Do Not take this supplement, it's definitely teratogenic!

Meaning that it can alter fetus development of a male child correct? I know spiro can but wasn't sure about this natural herb.

Pink Hair23

Any drug that is teratogenic, has the potential to cause birth defects in a male or female fetus. This supplement is listed in my pharmacology book as pregancy category X, which basically means you've got a better chance at drinking malt liqour everyday and coming out with a normal child than taking this supplement! lol

Aggie

Any drug that is teratogenic, has the potential to cause birth defects in a male or female fetus. This supplement is listed in my pharmacology book as pregancy category X, which basically means you've got a better chance at drinking malt liqour everyday and coming out with a normal child than taking this supplement! lol

Hmm, good thing I am not planning on having any children then. If I do change my mind later, I'll remember to quit my Nioxin ahead of family planning. But being 41+ years old now would most likely mean no more having kids for me.

dimechiq

Thanks for this information. So what if i'm not pregnant at the time? If I stop taking before pregnancy it won't cause any problems, correct?

AtlantaJJ

I'm using the saw palmetto extract mixed in emu oil as a topical treatment for my scalp. It really makes a big difference in the shedding!! It's important to keep that DHT away from the follicles or the hair will shed and your remaining strands will get finer over time. :yep:

AtlantaJJ

The brand must make a HUGE difference because I used the walmart brand of Saw Palmetto and nothing happened. I decided to try another brand and THANK GOD!!!!

Also ladies it's almost as affective as spiro but I've read where spiro is believed to have some carcinogenic effects.

I also shampoo my scalp ONLY with Nizoral 2%. It reduces hormonal related shedding
also.

Add a low carb diet to the mix and my shedding will almost 100% diminish. Once I reduced my carbs dramatically and the shedding reduced by 60%.

I'm on my way!!!!
Ladies if you have been Dx with PCOS you really need to look into low carb eating because of insulin resistance which is associated with PCOS. It will help all symptoms to be within your idea BMI weight.