I'VE FOUND A HAIR SHEDDING MIRACLE!

morehairplease

I'm using the saw palmetto extract mixed in emu oil as a topical treatment for my scalp. It really makes a big difference in the shedding!! It's important to keep that DHT away from the follicles or the hair will shed and your remaining strands will get finer over time. :yep:

AtlantaJJ do you mind me asking where you purchase your saw palmetto and emu oil from and how much you use in your topical treatment?

thanks in advance,
tishee

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Hmmm, I may have to try this for my shedding and acne... off to research more about the supplement...

ice.

my dad uses/used Saw Palmetto for his prostate... he has some left over... I smell a hijack happening :lachen:... would love to try this for my acne.. hmmmmm...

Aggie

The brand must make a HUGE difference because I used the walmart brand of Saw Palmetto and nothing happened. I decided to try another brand and THANK GOD!!!!

Also ladies it's almost as affective as spiro but I've read where spiro is believed to have some carcinogenic effects.

I also shampoo my scalp ONLY with Nizoral 2%. It reduces hormonal related shedding
also.

Add a low carb diet to the mix and my shedding will almost 100% diminish. Once I reduced my carbs dramatically and the shedding reduced by 60%.

I'm on my way!!!!

Thanks for sharing this dimechiq. I naturally like protein foods more than carbs. I think it has something to do with my blood type being "O" positive. I love meats but I still have to be careful of developing heart desease from eating too much of it.

I didn't know about the nizoral 2% shampoo reducing hormonal-related shedding. I wonder what are the ingredients. If you have a bottle, could you share the ingredients with us? I hope you still subscribed:look:.

dimechiq

Thanks for sharing this dimechiq. I naturally like protein foods more than carbs. I think it has something to do with my blood type being "O" positive. I love meats but I still have to be careful of developing heart desease from eating too much of it.

I didn't know about the nizoral 2% shampoo reducing hormonal-related shedding. I wonder what are the ingredients. If you have a bottle, could you share the ingredients with us? I hope you still subscribed:look:.

Yes, the key ingredient is..ketoconazole.... It helps reduce dht hormone related hair loss. Like after pregnancy, PCOS, Female Pattern Baldness and Male pb.

But has to be used every 3 days. So my suggestions would be to use that while taking the saw palmetto until the SP kicks in. To do a bun if your hair is straight or do wash n go if it's curly. Its very drying so pre condition then add extra condition to the ends during washes and put the Nizoral 2% on the scalp only.

Last edited:

Bublin

Glad this thread has come alive again......

I've been taking Saw Palmetto since my last post in this thread.

Shedding - yep - it has helped a great deal, my hair sheds noticably less and this has gone along way to help wit my detangling issues.

Boobies - yep - they are probably half a cup size bigger and i aint complaining!

Acne - nothing has changed, in fact may even be worse.

I will continue to take the capsules.

likeacharm

Shedding - yep - it has helped a great deal, my hair sheds noticably less and this has gone along way to help wit my detangling issues.

Boobies - yep - they are probably half a cup size bigger and i aint complaining!

What brand are you taking?

dimechiq

Was your shedding dht related? Meaning you have a mom or dad that has male or female pattern baldness, or
you have PCOS issues or
you are going through what they call peri or regular menopause.

Just a note this saw palmetto product only helps those with dht or testosterone related hair shedding.

Bublin

I would class myelf as having extreme shedding and hormone related acne. Right now i'm too ashamed to post a pic of my face :(

If i can see a difference in my shedding then it is def working. I'm hoping long term my acne will calm down. The males in my dad's family they have balding/receding but my mum's family have an abundance of hair. My mum has no shedding issues and has thick mid back hair. Both parents have spots even now.

Bublin

What brand are you taking?

Holland and Barratt. Its a vitamin store in the UK. They also sell online and are very discounted. If i remember correctly they are large 500mg capsules and i take 2 in the am and 2 in the PM although sometimes i forget.

dimechiq

I would class myelf as having extreme shedding and hormone related acne. Right now i'm too ashamed to post a pic of my face :(

If i can see a difference in my shedding then it is def working. I'm hoping long term my acne will calm down. The males in my dad's family they have balding/receding but my mum's family have an abundance of hair. My mum has no shedding issues and has thick mid back hair. Both parents have spots even now.

The males in my family has male pattern baldness also. So I was so hoping it wasn't related to that. But with this brand of saw palmetto (with other anti-dht ingredients) helping me, then yes I know that is what it is now.

I tried the walmart version, but it did not a thing for me. Only this one
http://www.vitacost.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Ultra-Saw-Palmetto-Pygeum#ProductDetails

I've heard people with PCOS also have dht related hair loss.

Last edited:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL

I brought some and when I read this post I am taking this right back to the store. I don't need bigger boobies:nono:

dimechiq

Ladies I also thought this was good and wanted to share.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5057407_stop-dht-naturally.html

Instructions

Step 1

Take green tea capsules. Green tea contains catechins and flavonols which can reduce DHT and cholesterol. Take two tablets an hour before meals for maximum effect. The effect of one green tea tablet is equal to seven cups of green tea.
Step 2

Eat plenty of soybeans. Soybeans contain the organic compound isoflavones which prevents the over production of DHT. Tofu has the highest amount of isoflavones. Consume at least four tofu dishes a week.
Step 3

Apply pumpkin seed oil to your scalp before bedtime for two to four months. When applied generously to the scalp, this oil stops the production of DHT. It also inhibits DHT through the liver.
Step 4

Take nettle tablets daily. Aside from it's healing properties, this herb reduces DHT and thickens hair. Nettle can leave a bitter taste in your mouth, so always drink two glasses of water with every tablet.
Step 5

Take saw palmetto capsules twice daily. Saw palmetto prevents DHT from forming and allows more proteins to penetrate your hair follicles, resulting in thicker hair.

Read more: How to Stop DHT Naturally | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5057407_stop-dht-naturally.html#ixzz0rf1PXdH1

Last edited:

Bublin

Thanks Dimechiq. Very ueful info.

I have so many supplements in my kitchen it looks like a herb store. Its hard for me to keep ontop of taking everything.

When i'm taking them my SO shakes his head when they are all lined up, ready for me to pop.

dimechiq

Thanks Dimechiq. Very ueful info.

I have so many supplements in my kitchen it looks like a herb store. Its hard for me to keep ontop of taking everything.

When i'm taking them my SO shakes his head when they are all lined up, ready for me to pop.

Ha ha! I know. I have many to. Just trying so many to find something that worked. Thank God I've found this. Right now I've reduced down by so much.

I was using for the hair loss and an extra by product was the acne clear up. Talk about thankful! Now I know it's dht related. They are both said to caused by dht if that is your problem. I had all kinds of acne remedies both internal (a vit) and external (acne washes) which just tires you out. With this new pill I don't have to do any of that. I so needed this. I was actually going bald as a woman in her thirties :shocked:. I was thinking wow not ever really but if so, does it have to be this soon?

AKA-Tude

SUBSCRIBING!!!

It's interesting that you guys are taking the saw pal & nettle internally.

I make a mix of SAA, & liquid extracts of saw pal, nettle, burdock,
garlic & peppermint oil
to make a leave-in that has helped me so much,
that my relatives/friends have me reciting the ingreds
or mixing a batch for them.

My hair was shedding so badly
I CRIED each time I washed it!

But the mix above has changed my life!!!

I also do the green/mint tea rinses occasionally
as well.

JFemme

SUBSCRIBING!!!

garlic & peppermint oil

as well

Rinses are helping me tremendously...:yep:

this thread is quiet compelling ....

(I've been lurking, wondering if I can add yet another thing to my daily ritual):look:

dimechiq

SUBSCRIBING!!!

garlic & peppermint oil

as well.

Wow this sounds like a good leave in for the scalp to discourage shedding.
And you can testify to it really curbing your shedding? Can you give us the amounts, as I'm always for anything topical.

AKA-Tude

Wow this sounds like a good leave in for the scalp to discourage shedding.
And you can testify to it really curbing your shedding? Can you give us the amounts, as I'm always for anything topical.

Yes Ma'am!!!

I must admit, I am proud of my lil leave-in!

OK-

SAA is my base
(abt 1/2 of a small spray bottle full)

I add 3 eyedroppers full of the following extracts:
saw palmetto
burdock
nettle
garlic

Then I add a few drops of peppermint EO

I top it off with freshly steeped green tea

Shake & spray on a freshly washed scalp!!!

That's it!!!

It filled my thin spots nicely!
Not FULLY restored to it's original thickness,
but filled so that it wasn't 'see-thru' any more.

I have my mom, my other mom, my SD, and 3 BFFs hooked!!!

dimechiq

What really? Off to get the ingredients. :hug2: Thanks so much. I'll use this week and report my results. Knowing my shedding history this will be interesting.

Oh, amounts are very important. You say half a spray bottle, what size bottle? And how much green tea do you use?

Yes Ma'am!!!

I must admit, I am proud of my lil leave-in!

OK-

SAA is my base
(abt 1/2 of a small spray bottle full)

I add 3 eyedroppers full of the following extracts:
saw palmetto
burdock
nettle
garlic

Then I add a few drops of peppermint EO

I top it off with freshly steeped green tea

Shake & spray on a freshly washed scalp!!!

That's it!!!

It filled my thin spots nicely!
Not FULLY restored to it's original thickness,
but filled so that it wasn't 'see-thru' any more.

I have my mom, my other mom, my SD, and 3 BFFs hooked!!!

CynamonKis

Bumping an excellent Thread - Dimechiq, what is the SAA you use in your shedding leave in?

What really? Off to get the ingredients. :hug2: Thanks so much. I'll use this week and report my results. Knowing my shedding history this will be interesting.

Oh, amounts are very important. You say half a spray bottle, what size bottle? And how much green tea do you use?

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I'm thinking of purchasing the liquid extract of nettle and saw palmetto. I hope the boobifying results are slowed since I won't be consuming it internally.

My hairline could use this greatly. Thanks for bumping, Dieasha!

FutureMD

Um, your hair loss may be part of other medical conditions, like PCOS(which has worse risk factors beyond hair loss), and alopecia (which could be permanent) in which case you should be going to your general practitioner and probably getting referred to an endocrinologist.

Just to add, teratogens affect fetal development in ANY fetus and esp. during the first trimester. Teratogenic defects are characterized by possibly being assymetric, whereas conditions that are chromosomal have some symmetry (although not all teratogenic defects are things that can be measure by symmetry or assymetry).

You REALLY have to be careful with things that aren't regulated by the FDA, b/c they lack the warnings (and haven't been tested AND dont' have consistent formulas and concentrations-anything that is regulated has to label a certain way, and has to use certain nomenclature). Any cosmetic or medical item in the U.S. is FDA regulated, but vitamins, supplements, essential oils, and a lot of things from oversees aren't vetted that way (but the European and Canadian vetting process mirror our own).
So Nizoral is also something else that shouldn't be used by people who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant but the insert will tell you that as will your pharmacist.

I'm not sure why people think that these things can only affect male fetuses, the issue is that they can alter cell development at the most basic level, which occurs in ALL developing embryos and fetuses.

Seriously ladies, when it comes to thing that involve bodily functions, health, or medicine, you should ask a doctor, and when you buy it, ask the pharmacist, b/c they have learned how these things work and who should or shouldn't use them. Pharmacists have really good knowledge of how drugs interact and affect your body, use them as a resource (but they cannot give medical advice!!)

As this thread shows, a LOT of BAD BAD information is being tossed around by people who clearly don't understand these things AT ALL!!

Sorry if anyone gets upset by that but the earlier part of this thread was really disturbing, and the fact of the matter is that by the time that you can even tell the sex of a baby, something like this supplement could have already caused DEVASTATING birth defects or miscarriage. You do not EVER want to mess with your own hormone levels when you are pregnant.

RedVelvet310

I may have to try this.. AND the Nizoral.... considering I am not pregnant nor have plans of getting pregnant any time in the near future I should be safe :look:.

I'm TIRED of the shedding I am experiencing and I know it's not stress related. My entire family suffers from some sort of PB except me (I did develop a bald spot, but my derm fixed it for me). I'm going to try this for sometime and if it doesn't work I am definitely going to my derm to see what he recommends. :yep:

chicha

Um, your hair loss may be part of other medical conditions, like PCOS(which has worse risk factors beyond hair loss), and alopecia (which could be permanent) in which case you should be going to your general practitioner and probably getting referred to an endocrinologist.

Just to add, teratogens affect fetal development in ANY fetus and esp. during the first trimester. Teratogenic defects are characterized by possibly being assymetric, whereas conditions that are chromosomal have some symmetry (although not all teratogenic defects are things that can be measure by symmetry or assymetry).

You REALLY have to be careful with things that aren't regulated by the FDA, b/c they lack the warnings (and haven't been tested AND dont' have consistent formulas and concentrations-anything that is regulated has to label a certain way, and has to use certain nomenclature). Any cosmetic or medical item in the U.S. is FDA regulated, but vitamins, supplements, essential oils, and a lot of things from oversees aren't vetted that way (but the European and Canadian vetting process mirror our own).
So Nizoral is also something else that shouldn't be used by people who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant but the insert will tell you that as will your pharmacist.

I'm not sure why people think that these things can only affect male fetuses, the issue is that they can alter cell development at the most basic level, which occurs in ALL developing embryos and fetuses.

Seriously ladies, when it comes to thing that involve bodily functions, health, or medicine, you should ask a doctor, and when you buy it, ask the pharmacist, b/c they have learned how these things work and who should or shouldn't use them. Pharmacists have really good knowledge of how drugs interact and affect your body, use them as a resource (but they cannot give medical advice!!)

As this thread shows, a LOT of BAD BAD information is being tossed around by people who clearly don't understand these things AT ALL!!

Sorry if anyone gets upset by that but the earlier part of this thread was really disturbing, and the fact of the matter is that by the time that you can even tell the sex of a baby, something like this supplement could have already caused DEVASTATING birth defects or miscarriage. You do not EVER want to mess with your own hormone levels when you are pregnant.
Thank you as you are on point with this post. I'm just seeing it.

I tried this product as the dimechiq said and had to back down with this product as I was taking a high dose of 2 in the morning and 2 at night. Because it's very estrogenic my fibroids and breasts began to hurt. Because to much estrogen is bad and some cancers especially some breast cancers are estrogen positive so ladies you must fully research things and listen to your body when trying out new things.So dimechiq I do also agree with futuremd.

I was aware of this before using but I monitored myself and this is my conclusion. I now take 1-2 pills a day and i'm monitoring that. If its still to much estrogen, I will back downto 1 and maybe none.

I do counter this with Wheat Bran as it ties up and removes some excess estrogen in your body.

ESPECIALLY if you are trying ot get pregnant please do not take a hormone altering product such as this. Otherwise start and stay at a low dosage and monitor your body. Thanks futuremd.

@CynamonKis I didn't do the saa's. I think aka-tude did. Best of luck!

Last edited: