I've found a new oil and I'm in love...

WomanlyCharm

I went shopping at my local indian store yesterday, and found this, Dabur Vatika enriched with Olive oil:

It has almond lemon and cactus extract in it as well.
Of course I had to buy it...I used it as a pre-poo and to seal my hair before drying, and I am in awe...it really left my hair soft and shiny, and it's so light, not heavy at all. Plus the smell is wonderful, much better than the regular vatika oil that I've been using.

Has anyone else been using this?

ETA: And while I do try to keep my use of mineral oil to a minimum, this product does have it, just to let you know!

Last edited:

growinstrong

Darn :wallbash:, I seen this too, but didnt pick it up. How did you airdry your hair and it turn out so well? My hair was a mess trying to airdry. May I please have your regimen for a successful airdry?

WomanlyCharm

Girl, I say go back and get it! :grin:

I kinda cheat on the airdrying...I have to blowdry the roots for a couple of minutes at least, to get that part about 75% dry, then I leave the rest of it out to continue drying. If I don't do this, I can't even get a comb through the hair on my scalp. :wallbash:

growinstrong

Alright, you've pulled my arm :grin:. I'm gonna go get this oil and try it out this weekend. Thanks for for the airdrying tip, cause I'm struggling with that comb through the hair close to the scalp deal

sareca

Thanks for the 4-1-1. I'll keep my eyes open, but I haven't see it at my regular places.

WomanlyCharm

Thanks for the 4-1-1. I'll keep my eyes open, but I haven't see it at my regular places.

I'll find the exact address of the store where I found it in town and pm you later. :yep:

ETA: DANG!!! Lookit your hair!!! :infatuated: I love it!

Last edited:

sareca

I'll find the exact address of the store where I found it in town and pm you later. :yep:

ETA: DANG!!! Lookit your hair!!! :infatuated: I love it!

Thanks for the address. I went by yesterday on my way home. :yep: This stuff smells awesome!

Last edited:

WomanlyCharm

Thanks for the address. I went by yesterday on my way home. :yep: It stuff smells awesome!

Shoot, we probably just missed each other in the store...:sekret: I absolutely love the smell, glad you like it too.

Now I know people will be running to buy it...it's got the Sareca seal of approval! :lachen:

malachi74

Anyone know where we can buy this online? i love the regular Dabur Vatika, but you have just awoken the PJ in me.

Cinnabuns

I'm gonna have to keep my eye out for this. Keeping the PJ tamed though. :whip:

I wonder if mixing my regular Amla oil with EVOO work the same? :)

The Girl

see I thought you were talking about the reg Vatika oil which I has a nice stash of btw. Now I need to hit my Indian store tomorrow:grin:

The Girl

not to be the naysayer bc I am still going to my Indian store to get it but it lists silicon oil? I can't find any info on it. I thought silicone was synthetic is this just a typo?

tricie

Sareca, if I am not mistaken, I saw this at the Indian grocery off N. Lamar and Rundberg, close to Mongolian Barbecue, next to an insurance agency. Sorry I can't remember the name of it, but I think it starts with an M; anyway, they have a small shelf on an end cap with their products right when you walk in.

I was tempted to get it, too, and I told the PJ in me, just get the Jamila henna and get out! :drunk:

ETA: Oops, I see you found it; didn't read far enough down the thread!

Last edited:

sareca

not to be the naysayer bc I am still going to my Indian store to get it but it lists silicon oil? I can't find any info on it. I thought silicone was synthetic is this just a typo?

Although silicon is one of the most prevalent substances in the universe (i'm not kidding it's the 8th most prevalent) I'm pretty sure it's synthetic in this product. What people will likely have a bigger problem with is the most prevalent ingredient in this product ... mineral oil. :eek: It's an industrial byproduct and there's nothing natural about it. :nono:

As for me, my hair hates most silicones but likes silicone oil and LoVes mineral oil, castor oil, almond oil, olive oil. :ohwell:

Dabur Vatika Olive Enriched Hair Oil Ingredients:

Mineral Oil
RBD Palmolein Oil
Canola Oil
Virgin Olive Oil
Silicon Oil
Almond Oil
Perfume Cactus Extract in Oil
Castor Oil Parsol 1789
Vitamin-E-Acetate Lemon Oil
TBHQ
Colour C I no.12010, 12740, 61565

Last edited:

sareca

Sareca, if I am not mistaken, I saw this at the Indian grocery off N. Lamar and Rundberg, close to Mongolian Barbecue, next to an insurance agency. Sorry I can't remember the name of it, but I think it starts with an M; anyway, they have a small shelf on an end cap with their products right when you walk in.

I was tempted to get it, too, and I told the PJ in me, just get the Jamila henna and get out! :drunk:

ETA: Oops, I see you found it; didn't read far enough down the thread!

My favorite BBS is on Lamar and Rundberg next to Club Desparado. I'll look for the store next time I'm over there. I love finding new Indian stores to shop at! :) Thanks! :hug2:

sareca

Shoot, we probably just missed each other in the store...:sekret: I absolutely love the smell, glad you like it too.
Now I know people will be running to buy it...it's got the Sareca seal of approval! :lachen:

Really?! That's why the guy at the register was lookin' at me funny. He's probably thinking why are there two black women in my store in the same day looking at the same product. :lachen:

The Girl

Although silicon is one of the most prevalent substances in the universe (i'm not kidding it's the 8th most prevalent) I'm pretty sure it's synthetic in this product. What people will likely have a bigger problem with is the most prevalent ingredient in this product ... mineral oil. :eek: It's an industrial byproduct and there's nothing natural about it. :nono:

As for me, my hair hates most silicones but likes silicone oil and LoVes mineral oil, castor oil, almond oil, olive oil. :ohwell:

Mineral Oil
RBD Palmolein Oil
Canola Oil
Virgin Olive Oil
Silicon Oil
Almond Oil
Castor Oil Parsol 1789
TBHQ
Yeah my hair loves it too. I eliminated it for a while then I tried Vatika oil and yeah it been history every since. So much for all natural products:perplexed

Anancy

THAT'S THE OIL I USE, i thought this whole time i was using the regular vatika oil :blush:

Yea i use it nearly everyday, the smell is great and it is light.

pazyamor

Dang, I'm all about finding this oil now:detective:...it's my mission, should I choose to accept it:sekret:, off to the Indian Store!...

Hair Iam

THAT'S THE OIL I USE, i thought this whole time i was using the regular vatika oil :blush:

Yea i use it nearly everyday, the smell is great and it is light.

I have been using it for a month as well, so far so good. I mix it in to my conditioner ..feels so good :lick:..it's a keeper

AtlantaJJ

Mineral Oil
RBD Palmolein Oil
Canola Oil
Virgin Olive Oil
Silicon Oil
Almond Oil
Castor Oil Parsol 1789
TBHQ
I am beginning to think mineral oil is not the worse thing for hair for some uses ... but I wouldn't use it as a scalp oil. My hair loves their Alma oil ! I found another oil of theirs as well called Alma Gold, which is a new formula, doesn't smell as strong and has almond oil, and henna.

Last edited: