Jamal Bryant Files For Divorce - Wife files Also

star

As a pastor, I totally agree with this post. God is cleaning house and as I sit here thinking about what is going on in the Body of Christ, it sickens me to see these things take place.

The church on a whole is changing. There are so many people who are falling by the wayside....and on the other hand, there are so many people who are coming to the knowledge of the truth and are ready to fulfill the Call.

It is really hard to see this unfold...however, I'm getting excited because I know that God's greatest plan for the church is about to be revealed and the people of God will go forth and do great exploits!

We must remain stedfast and prayerful during this great season of change. As we do, we must grab ahold of each other and encourage one another in the Lord...for this will keep us focused....helping us ALL to press toward the mark of the high calling in Christ Jesus.

Blessings and thanks for this post, dreamer26!

This is excellent and I totally agree!!

Favor2000

I read about it on another site. If you ask me it's about time. That woman has been put through so much because of him. I wish her the best.
This woman was not spiritual at all and he should have never married her. She did not speak to people in the church but wanted there money for shoes and clothes. While both were wrong in things they have done I do not feel sorry for her since she slept her way in the church and ran him down for sex since she is sex addict even though she knew he was a pastor and had to preach to God's people. THis woman was very selfish and never thought about God. Jamal needs helps with his problem so he stay away from women such as this and make better choices as a leader.

Keen

This woman was not spiritual at all and he should have never married her. She did not speak to people in the church but wanted there money for shoes and clothes. While both were wrong in things they have done I do not feel sorry for her since she slept her way in the church and ran him down for sex since she is sex addict even though she knew he was a pastor and had to preach to God's people. THis woman was very selfish and never thought about God. Jamal needs helps with his problem so he stay away from women such as this and make better choices as a leader.

I think Honey was offering to the 17 year old girl that got pregnant by him. Jamal should be accountable for his own doing. He is the pastor. Did he not know what she was all about before he marry her? It sound like his church warned him but I guess he was in lust.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hi Favor 2000 :grouphug2: Happy New Year and Blessings to you, sweetheart. I mean this with all of my heart. :giveheart:

I've been in prayer about what's been shared about this woman. Especially since I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to relating information concerning members of our 'Body.'

What I'm about to share is to the Body, each of us in Christ Jesus.

Each time I see this thread and comments about Jamal Bryant's wife, I see an ugly spirit of jealousy and witchcraft, which is a spirit which wants control. And this spirit is in every Church weaving itsself within the Body of Christ. Especially when the Pastor has a wife. There's a spirit of lust and jealousy that rises up. Lust to lure the Pastor away from his wife, and jealousy is the motivator. For jealousy wants to control what someone else has, especially if it's in first place.

Jealousy does not take to being 'second' to anyone or anything.

We simply can't go by 'hear-say' about this woman. No one can. :nono: And much of what has been shared about her personally, is 'hear-say'. And most of all, 'anger and jealousy. I don't have to know her personally to be sure of this.

You see, many churches which start out with a Pastor who is single (unmarried), attracts much anger, dysfunction, jealousy, contention, and 'attact', when he does marry and especially when he marries a woman 'outside' of the Church he pastors.

It resembles a family when a man or woman re-marries and brings a new person into a home that was already used to having mom or dad to themselves. Now, there's someone new added to 'take him or her away'. Things are not the same anymore. It's all changed.

Now, I'm not making light, neither excusing any 'true' wrong doing which may have been done by this woman. However, there's enough trouble in our individual lives without allowing anger or jealousy to direct rumors, or angered triggered perceptions.

Most of what's been said of his wife, is petty; petty comments about her shopping for shoes, clothing, etc.; the same perception could be made of any of us. We all 'dress up', we all shop for shoes, we are all here to make and keep our hair pretty, all of us share in vanity, and we all have reasons for not being 'social'.

This woman's only call was to her husband. She owes nothing to anyone else. I can only wonder if the reason she may not have been 'cordial' was because she knew she was not accepted or liked very much by those who surrounded her each Sunday.

Not carrying a Bible doesn't make her a 'bad' neither an unspiritual person. :nono: Granted, having our Bibles in service is necessary, but it's not a criteria for being righteous.

Calling her a sex addict and sleeping her way to the Church is nothing short of a jealous spirit; an angry spirit who has made up its mind not to like this woman and to nit-pic any and everything about her to find error.

I've seen this time and again. Jealous spirits in the Church which arise, because their whole purpose is to cause confusion among the Body of Christ.

If this woman slept her way to the Church, she did not do it alone. Jamaal in everyway accomodated the act. Noting his behaviour which has been reported with other woman, they are then both to blame, not this woman. He obviously CHOSE her above all of the other women he was 'reportedly' having relations with.

The result, an angry spirit set out to tear this woman down, because she married him and someone didn't like it.

We need to be careful. All of us, including me. Definitely, including me.

Favor2000

I think Honey was offering to the 17 year old girl that got pregnant by him. Jamal should be accountable for his own doing. He is the pastor. Did he not know what she was all about before he marry her? It sound like his church warned him but I guess he was in lust.
OK, thanks for clearing that up. Jamal did know about the girl and he did end the first engagement to her due to how she treated the church members. She sued him for broken engagement since it was done two weeks before marriage. Jamal then went to another level in God and really tried to get his life together but unfortantley it was said that she kept calling him and said and I quote,"I am not looking for a realationship or marriage I just want you." So, she was only after sex knowing that it would eventually wear him down and he would feel guilty. He was able to stay away for awhile but must have got lonely or had a weak moment. The first enagement breakup was a big scandal in Baltmore. So, we when he was rumored to have fallen with her the second time the Church leaders tried to help but I think he did not want another scandal with her in the city so it appered he got caught up in the sin and evenually married her. The marriage was failing right from the beginning becasue he always preached about a dead marriage.

Onyx

Well said Shimmie. ITA. Comments about his wife's character are out of line. She has a marketing degree from Hampton, so the 10 cent brain comment is far fetched and sounds like hating. He CHOSE to marry her.
I used to visit his church 2 years ago and I didn't see a bible in her hand because she always had one of her small children sitting in her lap and she was attending to them while listening to the sermon.

Hi Favor 2000 :grouphug2: Happy New Year and Blessings to you, sweetheart. I mean this with all of my heart. :giveheart:

I've been in prayer about what's been shared about this woman. Especially since I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to relating information concerning members of our 'Body.'

Each time I see this thread and comments about Jamal Bryant's wife, I see an ugly spirit of jealousy and witchcraft, which is a spirit which wants control. And this spirit is in every Church weaving itsself within the Body of Christ. Especially when the Pastor has a wife. There's a spirit of lust and jealousy that rises up. Lust to lure the Pastor away from his wife, and jealousy is the motivator. For jealousy wants to control what someone else has, especially if it's in first place.

We simply can't go by 'hear-say' about this woman. No one can. :nono: And much of what has been shared about her personally, is 'hear-say'. And most of all, 'anger and jealousy. I don't have to know her personally to be sure of this.

You see, many churches which start out with a Pastor who is single (unmarried), attracts much anger, dysfunction, jealousy, contention, and 'attact', when he does marry and especially when he marries a woman 'outside' of the Church he pastors.

It resembles a family when a man or woman re-marries and brings a new person into a home that was already used to having mom or dad to themselves. Now, there's someone new added to 'take him or her away'. Things are not the same anymore. It's all changed.

Now, I'm not making light, neither excusing any 'true' wrong doing which may have been done by this woman. However, there's enough trouble in our individual lives without allowing anger or jealousy to direct rumors, or angered triggered perceptions.

Most of what's been said of his wife, is petty; petty comments about her shopping for shoes, clothing, etc.; the same perception could be made of any of us. We all 'dress up', we all shop for shoes, we are all here to make and keep our hair pretty, all of us share in vanity, and we all have reasons for not being 'social'.

This woman's only call was to her husband. She owes nothing to anyone else. I can only wonder if the reason she may not have been 'cordial' was because she knew she was not accepted or liked very much by those who surrounded her each Sunday.

Not carrying a Bible doesn't make her a 'bad' neither an unspiritual person. :nono: Granted, having our Bibles in service is necessary, but it's not a criteria for being righteous.

Calling her a sex addict and sleeping her way to the Church is nothing short of a jealous spirit; an angry spirit who has made up its mind not to like this woman and to nit-pic any and everything about her to find error.

I've seen this time and again. Jealous spirits in the Church which arise, because their whole purpose is to cause confusion among the Body of Christ.

If this woman slept her way to the Church, she did not do it alone. Jamaal in everyway accomodated the act. Noting his behaviour which has been reported with other woman, they are then both to blame, not this woman. He obviously CHOSE her above all of the other women he was 'reportedly' having relations with.

The result, an angry spirit set out to tear this woman down, because she married him and someone didn't like it.

Nice & Wavy

Thanks for the correction, Shimmie. You always do it in love and with grace. I appreciate you and I stand corrected.:yep:

Blessings to you, always!

Favor2000

I know you mean well but this girl was not pleasant at all to the people before they got married. He was enaged before to her and broke it off. Unfortantely, he married his flesh and not his spirit. She did not bring a bible to church or use it. SHe actually had to be spoken to by the elders about mixing things in his food and saying sayonces to control him so the witch craft is on her part. You cannot control a man through sex it just does not work.
As stated both need prayer and help and marriages not ordained by God or no marriages at all. Also, I can tell you the info is NOT hear say at all. I know the truth about others hurts but that's why we all need to pray so people can change.

Last edited:

Mortons

:yep: I can completely see this happening.

Favor2000

Thanks for the correction, Shimmie. You always do it in love and with grace. I appreciate you and I stand corrected.:yep:

So many times with black people they tried to fake it before they make it but if they face it they can become heal. If you take everything about what is said negative about a person and take it on yourself then you become confused. Everything about is not always slander but exposure. The truth is the truth, is the truth and nothing can change that. Thank God he is cleaning about the Jezebeel spirit from this Church and so many others.

Mortons

So many times with black people they tried to fake it before they make it but if they face it they can become heal. If you take everything about what is said negative about a person and take i on yourself then you become confused. Everything about is not always slander but exposure. The truth is the truth, is the truth and nothing can that. Thank God he is cleaning about the Jezebeel spirit from this Church and so many others.

Is it really fair to blame the woman for all of the issues. You never know what was going on with there household when they were alone, nor can one be 100% positive who was sleeping with whom unless you were one of the people participating. I'm not saying she might not have been wrong, but the pastor was just as she was IMO. He knew what he was getting into when he married her, and decided twice to commit to her and do so.

Nice & Wavy

So many times with black people they tried to fake it before they make it but if they face it they can become heal. If you take everything about what is said negative about a person and take it on yourself then you become confused. Everything about is not always slander but exposure. The truth is the truth, is the truth and nothing can change that. Thank God he is cleaning about the Jezebeel spirit from this Church and so many others.

What does that have to do with my post to Shimmie? What does it have to do with being black?

I'm really hoping that you are praying before you post...that's wisdom.:yep:

kally

I can't believe he did not think his ways would catch up with him.

I mean did he really think nothing would come of his actions? I bet if all of this had of not broke, he would still be sleeping around.

kally

Amen Sister. I was saying to myself why is everyone so against the wife, when she was the one who done wrong?:ohwell:

Shimmie

Staff member
I wish that I could be there to give each of you who replied to my last post, a great big hug. :giveheart:

Especially to you Favor2000. I know you have a good heart. I know it.

But angel, my heart is being so grieved and so convicted right now. Pastor's wives do not have it easy. They are the prime target of the enemy in order to get to the Pastors of any ministry.

Even when a Pastor's wife has been in sin/error, the enemy uses this all the more.

The 'spirit' of anger, envy and jealousy is through every single word about this woman and it's so strong, that I had to push this spirit back from me.

You see, as we read this information it's coming forth with such force to 'put her out there', that it is easily transferred into the spirits of 'we' in the Body who are reading it. This is why God tells us to watch our words.

I'm guilty, I truly stand before each of you guilty. Because I've personally spoken very harshly about MANY members of the Body of Christ in leadership that I have been offended by. Many.... So I'm not casting blame on anyone, I can't. :nono: I'm simply sharing what will not leave my spirit about the comments being made about this woman.

I don't even know her. I've never met her. I only know of Bryant because of others who know him. Also the building that he currently has his Church in use be ours. He bought our Church building when my former Pastor decided it was best to sell it and relocate.

*sigh* I'm very sad right now. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. :nono: Especially our precious OP. Favor2000, I wouldn't cast a pebble at you, let alone a stone. But angel, there's a spirit behind the words spoken against this woman. I 'know' this spirit. I'm not proud of it, but I know it.

May I share this? The biggest threat to the devil, is a Pastor who is married and in love with his wife. This is a major threat. For it follows God's order of ministry. God did not create Eve for Adam just for making babies. She was taken from Adam's heart, body and soul. Adam even said, now this is 'Bone of my Bone, Flesh of my Flesh'...we are one.

A man and wife in ministry literally do exploits and as one force that no one or other forces can match. Solomon stated, 'many waters cannot quench love'. There is no quench poweful enough to out match the power of a man and a woman who are one. And this is what satan is out to do...destroy or at least stun gun it out of motion.

As I shared above, Bryant is in the same building that my former Pastor ministered in for over 12 years. It used to be a rolling skating rink. It shut down; Pastor had a vison and we moved in and created a beautiful sanctuary.

My former Pastor also had several sexual exploits while in this building; it's rumored that a baby was born of this. It was a mess. And there was much said in the negative about my former Pastor's wife....which was all fabricated by those who were jealous of her.

There is a spirit of witchcraft in the Body of Christ. And much of it, is a direct attack against the Pastor's wives. For she is the block to keep them away from him. Her prayers, and just her love alone for him keeps him protected, for God honors the love of a woman for her husband.

Many times, this spirit will seduce the Pastor into sexual sins to divide the wife from her husband. For when a husband is unfaithful, the wife is hurt, humiliated, angry, and these feelings extend into a lengthy time frame, keeping her prayers for him off focus.

Precious Favor, the enemy is using your words which have come from another's words, which came from a spirit of evil, to stun what God wanted to use as His power. Each marriage that falls in the Body, brings a threat to our mission collectively. We who remain have to work harder to keep our work alive.

We can't place all of the blame on Mrs. Bryant. The things listed about her are obvious as petty. It's a clue to the spirit behind it. Finding fault where there is no real fault deserved.

For all of you here...

:bighug::pray: :bighug: :pray:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

I also stand corrected precious Wavy. You know me well, and I'm not without fault here. I just can't get past this. God is dealing with me about it.

Blessings to you too, sis. :giveheart:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Shimmie,

As a Pastor's Wife I so thank you for this post. No one knows what it's like unless you have been there. Satan truly will try to come between the Pastor and his wife in anyways he knows how. I don't know about Pastor Bryant and his wife but I do know about my household and it hasn't been sex but other things that the enemy has tried to use to separate us. I to have spoken againist many " men of God" but none of us really knows what is going on in that household unless you can see and hear though walls.

I wish that I could be there to give each of you a great big hug. Especially to you Favor2000. I know you have a good heart. I know it.

But angel, my heart is being so grieved and so convicted right now. Pastor's wives do not have it easy. They are the prime target of the enemy in order to get to the Pastors of any ministry.

Even when a Pastor's wife has been in sin/error, the enemy uses this all the more.

The 'spirit' of anger, envy and jealousy is through every single word about this woman and it's so strong, that I had to push this spirit back from me.

You see, as we read this information it's coming forth with such force to 'put her out there', that it is easily transferred into the spirits of 'we' in the Body who are reading it. This is why God tells us to watch our words.

I'm guilty, I truly stand before each of you guilty. Because I've personally spoken very harshly about MANY members of the Body of Christ in leadership that I have been offended by. Many.... So I'm not casting blame on anyone, I can't. :nono: I'm simply sharing what will not leave my spirit about the comments being made about this woman.

I don't even know her. I've never met her. I only know of Bryant because of others who know him. Also the building that he currently has his Church in use be ours. He bought our Church building when my former Pastor decided it was best to sell it and relocate.

*sigh* I'm very sad right now. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. :nono: Especially our precious OP. Favor2000, I wouldn't cast a pebble at you, let alone a stone. But angel, there's a spirit behind the words spoken against this woman. I 'know' this spirit. I'm not proud of it, but I know it.

May I share this? The biggest threat to the devil, is a Pastor who is married and in love with his wife. This is a major threat. For it follows God's order of ministry. God did not create Eve for Adam just for making babies. She was taken from Adam's heart, body and soul. Adam even said, now this is 'Bone of my Bone, Flesh of my Flesh'...we are one.

A man and wife in ministry literally do exploits and as one force that no one or other forces can match. Solomon stated, 'many waters cannot quench love'. There is no quench poweful enough to out match the power of a man and a woman who are one. And this is what satan is out to do...destroy or at least stun gun it out of motion.

As I shared above, Bryant is in the same building that my former Pastor ministered in for over 12 years. It used to be a rolling skating rink. It shut down; Pastor had a vison and we moved in and created a beautiful sanctuary.

My former Pastor also had several sexual exploits while in this building; it's rumored that a baby was born of this. It was a mess. And there was much said in the negative about my former Pastor's wife....which was all fabricated by those who were jealous of her.

There is a spirit of witchcraft in the Body of Christ. And much of it, is a direct attack against the Pastor's wives. For she is the block to keep them away from him. Her prayers, and just her love alone for him keeps him protected, for God honors the love of a woman for her husband.

Many times, this spirit will seduce the Pastor into sexual sins to divide the wife from her husband. For when a husband is unfaithful, the wife is hurt, humiliated, angry, and these feelings extend into a lengthy time frame, keeping her prayers for him off focus.

Precious Favor, the enemy is using your words which have come from another's words, which came from a spirit of evil, to stun what God wanted to use as His power. Each marriage that falls in the Body, brings a threat to our mission collectively. We who remain have to work harder to keep our work alive.

We can't place all of the blame on Mrs. Bryant. The things listed about her are obvious as petty. It's a clue to the spirit behind it. Finding fault where there is no real fault deserved.

For all of you here...

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie,

As a Pastor's Wife I so thank you for this post. No one knows what it's like unless you have been there. Satan truly will try to come between the Pastor and his wife in anyways he knows how. I don't know about Pastor Bryant and his wife but I do know about my household and it hasn't been sex but other things that the enemy has tried to use to separate us. I to have spoken againist many " men of God" but none of us really knows what is going on in that household unless you can see and hear though walls.
I love you Lady R. :giveheart: Your marriage is blessed beyond words.

Hey Lady R, you and I 'go back' :)lol:). Remember my first 'OT' forum days. :lol:

Nice & Wavy

I wish that I could be there to give each of you who replied to my last post, a great big hug. :giveheart:

Especially to you Favor2000. I know you have a good heart. I know it.

May I share this?
The biggest threat to the devil, is a Pastor who is married and in love with his wife. This is a major threat
. For it follows God's order of ministry. God did not create Eve for Adam just for making babies. She was taken from Adam's heart, body and soul. Adam even said, now this is 'Bone of my Bone, Flesh of my Flesh'...we are one.

For all of you here...

In order to understand this...you have to be married to a pastor and be in ministry. This is sooooooooooooooo true and it goes even beyond what you can imagine.

Thank you again, Shimmie for always being a vessel of honor, meet for the Master's use and prepared unto every good work. You are truly a diamond in the rough and I just pray for someone like you to be apart of our ministry. I thank God for you ,even now...because I know you pray for us and I'm so grateful and thankful for that.

Luv ya, sis.

Nice & Wavy

Shimmie,

Yes, you know it too....:ohwell:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Yes I sure do :lachen:. I was just talking about that to someone the other day. You will always be my big sister.
I love you Lady R. :giveheart: Your marriage is blessed beyond words.

Hey Lady R, you and I 'go back' :)lol:). Remember my first 'OT' forum days. :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes I sure do :lachen:. I was just talking about that to someone the other day. You will always be my big sister.
Girl, you and I were 'rolling' big time with those attacks that came against us. :catfight: But you and I stood strong and held our ground. :boxing: :lol:

Awwwww, the good ole' days. :rolleyes:
Ummmm, the Lord pulled me up and put me here. :lachen:

Shimmie

Staff member
In order to understand this...you have to be married to a pastor and be in ministry. This is sooooooooooooooo true and it goes even beyond what you can imagine.

Thank you again, Shimmie for always being a vessel of honor, meet for the Master's use and prepared unto every good work. You are truly a diamond in the rough and I just pray for someone like you to be apart of our ministry. I thank God for you ,even now...because I know you pray for us and I'm so grateful and thankful for that.

Luv ya, sis.
Precious Wavy, marriage is the biggest threat to satan. Big threat! That's why he fights it so hard. A Pastor's wife is literally a battle zone.

The war in Iraq has nothing on the battle against marriages. And I'm not making light of the Iraq war, for far too many have been killed and lives have been destroyed because of it; there is so much heartache behind this war in the Middle East. But in comparison, the war against marriage is even greater. For it is destroying families and lives in one sucession after another.

Favor2000 did us a 'Favor' with this post. :yep: Truly, she did. :yep: Because God always wants something 'brought out' to defeat what satan is always trying to sabatoge.

We need to understand what Pastor's wives truly go through. While it can be the most rewarding and most joyful role and experience...actually a gift and a cherished treasure.

On the other hand, being a Pastor's wife can be one of the most fearful and lonliest places to be in.

A Pastor's wife can never trust who are her true friends. For many are only kissing up to her; or givng her the lemon/lime face (bright smile outside/tart and bitter spirit inside). She's expected to be bright and cheerful all the time, even when she's having one of her worse days as being a woman (monthly cycle, headache, sleepless nights with sick babies, or sick hubbie, laundry over load, nothing ready for dinner). It's an endless cycle. And people have the nerve to get upset because she doesn't speak.

SHE"S ONLY HUMAN! ! ! Give the woman a break!

I cannot tell you the number of 'gripes' from members who were offended for the dumbest things about "Pass'a's Wife". Dearrrrrr Lord. :nono:

Don't let her come to Church with chipped nail polish or no lipstick, or too much lipstick. And Black Pantyhose......She's in real trouble for that one. And don't ever have a 'run' in your stockings. You get hung on a rail.

It's not easy being 'green'......:lol: :lachen::lachen::lachen:

melodee

I'm sorry to hear about this. Never attended, but I know he had a large following. I did know some former members who left due to the sexual tension between the pastor and many of the young ladies at the church. They were more like "groupies" and from what I gather were more intrested in the social aspect of the church then growing in Jesus.

I pray that Minister Jamal gets himself together. He is broken, yes, but God can begin a true revival in his heart if he will allow it. I pray that his wife will find healing in the Lord.

Somehow I remember an article on Min. Jamal and his wife in Ebony. I distinctly remember all the fine threads they were wearing at church.

But God knows the heart, I will not judge them---I only hope they will pick up the pieces and move forward toward God.

Coffee

Precious Wavy, marriage is the biggest threat to satan. Big threat! That's why he fights it so hard. A Pastor's wife is literally a battle zone.

The war in Iraq has nothing on the battle against marriages. And I'm not making light of the Iraq war, for far too many have been killed and lives have been destroyed because of it; there is so much heartache behind this war in the Middle East. But in comparison, the war against marriage is even greater. For it is destroying families and lives in one sucession after another.

Favor2000 did us a 'Favor' with this post. :yep: Truly, she did. :yep: Because God always wants something 'brought out' to defeat what satan is always trying to sabatoge.

We need to understand what Pastor's wives truly go through. While it can be the most rewarding and most joyful role and experience...actually a gift and a cherished treasure.

On the other hand, being a Pastor's wife can be one of the most fearful and lonliest places to be in.

A Pastor's wife can never trust who are her true friends. For many are only kissing up to her; or givng her the lemon/lime face (bright smile outside/tart and bitter spirit inside). She's expected to be bright and cheerful all the time, even when she's having one of her worse days as being a woman (monthly cycle, headache, sleepless nights with sick babies, or sick hubbie, laundry over load, nothing ready for dinner). It's an endless cycle. And people have the nerve to get upset because she doesn't speak.

SHE"S ONLY HUMAN! ! ! Give the woman a break!

I cannot tell you the number of 'gripes' from members who were offended for the dumbest things about "Pass'a's Wife". Dearrrrrr Lord. :nono:

Don't let her come to Church with chipped nail polish or no lipstick, or too much lipstick. And Black Pantyhose......She's in real trouble for that one. And don't ever have a 'run' in your stockings. You get hung on a rail.

It's not easy being 'green'......:lol: :lachen::lachen::lachen:

God bless you for this post. The reasons you gave was a lot of the reasons I didn't want to marry my husband for over 3 years. I finally listened to God and married him:grin:, a wonderful blessing. As a Pastor's wife we do experience so much critizism, jealously, envy and people telling you how a Pastor's wife should act, and this by people who have never been a Pastor's wife. They want you sing in the choir and be on every committee under the sun. I was not a member of my husband's church when we married, he wouldn't have married me if I had been. He does not believe in dating anyone that's in his flock, he says he is there to take care of their spiritual growth. So when we married and I came in as "First Lady" I was already behind the 8 ball:wallbash:. He told the congregation that "he was called to Pastor" not his wife. I married late in life, so I had a lot more of who and what I was in me, than being a Pastor's wife. My husband supported me to the fullest, and told me to do what I enjoyed doing and not what was "expected of me", and that the only person I had to please was him:yep:. He is such a wonderful blessing in my life.

Sly

Info below posted and given by church members of his Church. See Maryland state site for divorce filing below.

"Bryant filed for divorce on 1/9/08 and his wife filed same day.

Ungodly relationship was doomed from beginning never gloried God.

Bryant -Lost focus, married carnal women, continued to make bad descisions.

Wife - Concern with $400. shoes but .10 cent brain, did not speak to people in to church, never brought bible, slept her way into the Church."

Jamal filing aganist her.
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...il.jis?caseId=24D08000091&loc=69&detailLoc=CC

Wife filing aganist him.
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiryDetail.jis?caseId=67460FL&loc=68&detailLoc=MCCI

What a mess :nono::nono::nono:!!!

Shimmie

Staff member
God bless you for this post. The reasons you gave was a lot of the reasons I didn't want to marry my husband for over 3 years. I finally listened to God and married him:grin:, a wonderful blessing. As a Pastor's wife we do experience so much critizism, jealously, envy and people telling you how a Pastor's wife should act, and this by people who have never been a Pastor's wife. They want you sing in the choir and be on every committee under the sun. I was not a member of my husband's church when we married, he wouldn't have married me if I had been. He does not believe in dating anyone that's in his flock, he says he is there to take care of their spiritual growth.

So when we married and I came in as "First Lady" I was already behind the 8 ball:wallbash:. He told the congregation that "he was called to Pastor" not his wife.

I married late in life, so I had a lot more of who and what I was in me, than being a Pastor's wife. My husband supported me to the fullest, and told me to do what I enjoyed doing and not what was "expected of me", and that the only person I had to please was him:yep:. He is such a wonderful blessing in my life.

Coffee, you didn't marry late. You were God's selection, prepared in perfection at just the right time for your husband. It's said of men, that they decide to marry then look for his wife. There was no one else above you...no one.

As God said to the (Virgin) Mary, "Blessed art thou among women and highly favored. God's choice to bring forth His plan, and the answered prayers of a ready man, your husband.

God bless you woman of God...You have the grace to keep your stand.

barbiesocialite

I'm surprised that it took them this long to file for divorce.... wit Jamal Bryant's womanizing self smh...I'm from a fairly tight-knit sect of Baltimore and I know a couple young women that he's either tried to talk to or made passes at... he's just like most of the other influential men and politicians in the city, chasing after all these young women and think that they can buy them a tiffany bracelet and expect them to shut their mouth....and I would know bc I've talked to my fair share of married powerful men in the city during my late teens (Sheila Dixon actually introduced me to a particular married politician that just so happened to be one of her financial backers while I was a hostess at an upscale restaurant downtown).... coincidentally my family or friends mothers always seems to be connected to their wives lol smh.... maybe he'll change his ways second time around... men are grime....

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm surprised that it took them this long to file for divorce.... wit Jamal Bryant's womanizing self smh...I'm from a fairly tight-knit sect of Baltimore and I know a couple young women that he's either tried to talk to or made passes at... he's just like most of the other influential men and politicians in the city, chasing after all these young women and think that they can buy them a tiffany bracelet and expect them to shut their mouth....and I would know bc I've talked to my fair share of married powerful men in the city during my late teens (Sheila Dixon actually introduced me to a particular married politician that just so happened to be one of her financial backers while I was a hostess at an upscale restaurant downtown).... coincidentally my family or friends mothers always seems to be connected to their wives lol smh.... maybe he'll change his ways second time around... men are grime....
:lachen:@ the bolded 'wit' or with? For some reason 'wit' fits. :yep:

Just kidding, but your post made me smile there. Big hugs to you Baltimore angel. :bighug: