Jamila henna did not work for me, please recommend another one I can buy online?

Hey Ladies.

Please recommend another brand of henna that I can buy online. Jamila henna did not work for me and I have no interest in using it again.

Please provide websites

Thank you

frizzy

I don't understand what you mean when you say it didn't work. What results were you looking for, and what did you get?

AfroKink

http://www.hennasooq.com

They have a few different kinds of henna powders with descriptions. The owner of the site is a LHCFer. If you go to that long henna thread you can see her posts at the end and you can PM her for more information.

I haven't bought henna from her so I can't tell you if they work well or not. I haven't bought any henna online. I just go to a local indian store.

Lys

VictoriousBrownFlower

I co sign on the karishma henna. It made my hair feel amazing and washed out very easily. I never have soft hair after a henna treatment, but with karishma my hair was like butter.

Oh and ayurnaturalbeauty is a really good site for ayuveda products. I got my stuff in 3 days.

natstar

OP- I agree with ayurnatural-great website- I am partial to Karishma. I have been using it for a while and I really like it.

Off topic- Bronx Jazzy your niece is ADORABLE!

vkb247

Were you using the Jamila in a silver bag? This is b.a.q. and it is at least more moisturizing and people usually get better results with this type.

Before you switch from Jamila to something else, I would like know what were your results. Hair too dry? Frizz? Could you clarify. Also what was your recipe, that can make a huge difference. For instance I have very dry scalp due to eczema so I do not things with high levels of acid to my recipe, like orange juice, vinegar etc. Also it usually takes about 3-4 uses to see actual results.

jamaraa

Henna is henna...Jamila is just a name brand of some Pakistani grown stuff. How are you mixing it, how long do you let it stand before using it and what (ie lemon juice, oil, conditioner, etc) are you mixing it w/?

VictoriousBrownFlower

Henna is henna...Jamila is just a name brand of some Pakistani grown stuff. How are you mixing it, how long do you let it stand before using it and what (ie lemon juice, oil, conditioner, etc) are you mixing it w/?

I do believe your henna recipe is important as well but there is a big difference between certain brands of henna. Some henna isnt finely sifted so you end up with grainy stuff in your hair that is heck to get out.

Also karishma herbal henna is a blend of pure Henna, Amla, Shikakai, Aritha, Bhingraj, and selected herbs. So its not just straight henna like the other brands.

jamaraa

Jamila is very finely sifted henna...I've used both the finely sifted type and the type w/ sticks in it. LOL (you won't see that often anymore, back then we sifted it ourselves)...however, I stand by what I said. I've experiemented w/ all types of henna over the years and they all work the same. The mix, dye release time, etc...makes far more diff on results, IMHO.

The OP said it didn't work for her and I'm very curious to see what she did to mix it.

I don't understand what you mean when you say it didn't work. What results were you looking for, and what did you get?

I did not want to get into detail so thats why I kept it short. I posted a thread a while back about my experience. I used the Jamila henna and it was fine in terms of strengthening and shine. But it left my hair with straight and frizzy parts.

So I would like to try another brand.

I used curlynikki's mixture. As far as my understanding there are different types of henna.

jamaraa

I used curlynikki's mixture. As far as my understanding there are different types of henna.

Most henna available in the US is from either India or Pakistan, the only henna variety that handles a bit differently from what you normally find is Yemeni. The texture is different to other hennas (it's stringy), but it works exactly the same.

The only thing I can think of is that you henna got wet or something, maybe in transit. If you want to try another brand of pure henna (w/o other herbs added) try Zarqua, if you want other herbs added try Nupurs or Karishma. Those brands come in a bag and Zarqua comes in a box.

nymane

I've used Punjabi Prime (loved it) from Mehandi.com...I also have Yemen, but I haven't tried it yet (according to the website, it has the highest dye content)

Bun Mistress

I had never been to the ayurnatural site, I'll have to order from there next b/c they have Maka powder which is hard to find. I order from mehndiskinart b/c Jamila is on sale right now. I can say that hennasooq has excellent service, I'm just keep.
FYI I didn't get a good result from henna the first few times, it was a mix and technique issue. It would be helpful if you could tell us the problem. :)