Janita Bynum Beat up by Husband Pastor Weeks????

beauty

Re: Janita Bynum Beat up by Husband Pastor Weeks???? WTF

"It's still about Jesus. We cannot look to man for our success or our salvation. We have to stop putting these persons on a pedestal and allow God to SHOW us what's going on and then intercede as the Holy Spirit leads. What's happened to Juanita and Thomas is a prime reason and an example. Sadly, they are not the last ones we will hear about"

Shimmie I totally agree with you on this, people need to focus on Jesus and pray for their fellow human brothers and sisters in Christ. That they too just like us would be strengthened by the Holy Spirit and resist the wiles of the enemy

PaperClip

Here is a message I was e-mailed in reguards to this situation. It really spoke to me.

I pray for us as strong beautiful Black women who are often single and who look at this situation and ask God "why"? Why do strong, successful Black women have such a hard time meeting and maintaining a relationship with Black men? We could place blame on the men, the futility it seems of marrying men younger than us or who have fewer resources than we may have. But what good is it to have been blessed and come home everyday to a beautiful house where's no one to hold you. But we don't want to be married to a fool either or to be taken advantage of --- it's better to live in a house alone than one filled with strife. We could place the blame in the danger of openly praising our men when we feel that we've finally met a king. Shouldn't we be able to praise the men in our lives when we love them and are proud of them, when we desire to build them up in a world that's often difficult for them. Yet, we shouldn't tolerate arrogant and controlling men either.

So, Lord I ask you today look upon your daughters today and the brothers in our community. We need a communal healing -- restore us, reconnect us, renew us emotionally, spiritually and economically so that we may be healed from generations of being pulled apart in our love relationships. Erase the hurts, the anger and the disease that has infiltrated our love lives and make us whole again, Amen.

Here is a message I was e-mailed in reguards to this situation. It really spoke to me.

I pray for us as strong beautiful Black women who are often single and who look at this situation and ask God "why"? Why do strong, successful Black women have such a hard time meeting and maintaining a relationship with Black men? We could place blame on the men, the futility it seems of marrying men younger than us or who have fewer resources than we may have. But what good is it to have been blessed and come home everyday to a beautiful house where's no one to hold you. But we don't want to be married to a fool either or to be taken advantage of --- it's better to live in a house alone than one filled with strife. We could place the blame in the danger of openly praising our men when we feel that we've finally met a king. Shouldn't we be able to praise the men in our lives when we love them and are proud of them, when we desire to build them up in a world that's often difficult for them. Yet, we shouldn't tolerate arrogant and controlling men either.

So, Lord I ask you today look upon your daughters today and the brothers in our community. We need a communal healing -- restore us, reconnect us, renew us emotionally, spiritually and economically so that we may be healed from generations of being pulled apart in our love relationships. Erase the hurts, the anger and the disease that has infiltrated our love lives and make us whole again, Amen.

I'm trying to keep my cool but the part in blue is DISTURBING to me. I understand that this situation is being used to show that the marriage ain't a piece of cake and it's almost saying that wanting to be married is a bad thing, for lack of a better phrase.

REGARDLESS of what happens in somebody's marriage, God ORDAINED marriage, it is a beautiful thing and it is a healthy, godly honorable desire to be married. The Bible says marriage is honorable. I also understand that if we put the desire of marriage over the relationship with the Lord, that is IDOLATRY and must be addressed and overcome accordingly.

Of course nobody wants to be a fool. Of course (I would hope) that Juanita Bynum entered this marriage with positive expectations. I know there are rumors out there about how they got together and this and that... but I'm just saying.... I might be rambling but still.... (sigh)

PaperClip

I'm trying to keep my cool but the part in blue is DISTURBING to me. I understand that this situation is being used to show that the marriage ain't a piece of cake and it's almost saying that wanting to be married is a bad thing, for lack of a better phrase.

REGARDLESS of what happens in somebody's marriage, God ORDAINED marriage, it is a beautiful thing and it is a healthy, godly honorable desire to be married. The Bible says marriage is honorable. I also understand that if we put the desire of marriage over the relationship with the Lord, that is IDOLATRY and must be addressed and overcome accordingly.

Of course nobody wants to be a fool. Of course (I would hope) that Juanita Bynum entered this marriage with positive expectations. I know there are rumors out there about how they got together and this and that... but I'm just saying.... I might be rambling but still.... (sigh)

Last edited:

MrsHouston

All these stories with these prominent ministers having very public “issues” makes me think that God is doing some Holy housecleaning. I also believe that Sister Bynum’s situation is public, because it’s a testimony to probably countless church women (and all women) who are in this very situation, that even a beautiful, kind, good woman can fall into this situation. It has definitely been a wake-up call to me that just because things “look” good, doesn’t mean they are!

You said it and I agree w/ya. However these people are just that people, sinners, who also need a savior too.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

The 'blue' comments were disturbing to me as well...BUT (so glad there's a but here...:yep:) I'm so glad it was shared. For if we do not know the thoughts out there, we cannot counteract them in prayer.

And that's exactly what happened in the text below the blue, written in red. A beautiful prayer of healing of what was blue.

This is a wonderful couteraction that Chanel blessed us with. :yep:

Chanel's Tresses said:
I love this Counteraction...don't you. :yep: AND I love you too, RR. :kiss:

Last edited:

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae

All these stories with these prominent ministers having very public “issues” makes me think that God is doing some Holy housecleaning. I also believe that Sister Bynum’s situation is public, because it’s a testimony to probably countless church women (and all women) who are in this very situation, that even a beautiful, kind, good woman can fall into this situation. It has definitely been a wake-up call to me that just because things “look” good, doesn’t mean they are!

ITA!!!

Something very similar happened to my best friend. She was being abused by one of the head ministers, the pastor KNEW and didn't do or say anything. It's time this crap is fully exposed... on every level.

PaperClip

The 'blue' comments were disturbing to me as well...BUT (so glad there's a but here...:yep:) I'm so glad it was shared. For if we do not know the thoughts out there, we cannot counteract them in prayer.

And that's exactly what happened in the text below the blue, written in red. A beautiful prayer of healing of what was blue.

This is a wonderful couteraction that Chanel blessed us with. :yep:

I love this Counteraction...don't you. :yep: AND I love you too, RR. :kiss:

Amen... I did read the "rebuttal" in red and yes...it addresses things well.... Thank you, Dear Shimmie, for the balance....I love you and your words have encouraged me beyond measure....

I gotta say that this situation has knocked me off more than I had anticipated, esp. on a spiritual level. I can negotiate this from an intellectual space, but spiritually, in terms of the impact on the Body, has me on serious guard...and I know this for me to pray. I ain't scared (LOL!), but it's time to gird up, seriously, and get positioned because the Body is getting ready to go through some things... a purging... a tree-shaking...for real....

See, we think things happen from the top down...and in many instances, it does...but things happen from the bottom up, the inside out, if you will. As has been said, there are too many stories of domestic violence that have gone unheard, unchecked, unresolved. But they've happened on the inside of the body.... This particular situation is a more publicized instance of what has gone on on the inside....

Sigh.... I probably sound like I'm rambling but I really need to decompress regarding this situation.... and I need to keep praying....

Nice & Wavy

The church is a spiritual hospital with lots of hurting people and hurt people, hurt people. There are those who have been made whole there, and many more who are on their way.

Jesus said it this way: "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. But go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance" (Matt. 9:12-13).

Shimmie

Staff member

Amen... I did read the "rebuttal" in red and yes...it addresses things well.... Thank you, Dear Shimmie, for the balance....I love you and your words have encouraged me beyond measure....

I gotta say that this situation has knocked me off more than I had anticipated, esp. on a spiritual level. I can negotiate this from an intellectual space, but spiritually, in terms of the impact on the Body, has me on serious guard...and I know this for me to pray. I ain't scared (LOL!), but it's time to gird up, seriously, and get positioned because the Body is getting ready to go through some things... a purging... a tree-shaking...for real....

See, we think things happen from the top down...and in many instances, it does...but things happen from the bottom up, the inside out, if you will. As has been said, there are too many stories of domestic violence that have gone unheard, unchecked, unresolved. But they've happened on the inside of the body.... This particular situation is a more publicized instance of what has gone on on the inside....

Sigh.... I probably sound like I'm rambling but I really need to decompress regarding this situation.... and I need to keep praying....
It is I who appreciates you. For it is your post and Chanel's Tresses' combined that makes me appreciate all the more, how much we have in Jesus and how much we cannot take for granted.

So, RR, you're not rambling, you're telling the total truth. We indeed DO have to gird up. (As a matter of fact I received my new Waist Cincher today) ... it's symbolic to what you shared. In the Body (of Christ), we can't just let loose; we have to leave our 'comfort' zones and we have to gird up our loins to get / keep things straight.

For every attack, God has given us the means of a sucessful counteract and RR, you're so right, it's not from the top, but from the bottom up. In the Body, we take too much 'comfort' in being 'under' our leaders. This is why we're so shocked ... taken by surprise.

We see them (our leaders) as so powerful that no harm / danger / or wrong can ever happen to them. And when the Holy Spirit tries to show us something about them in the Spirit, we reject it as satan putting lies in our heads. When the actual lie was the former of which we placed them higher than they are as humans who could not fall or be harmed.

Who'd ever thought that this would occur to such persons as these two, Juanita and Thomas Weeks? We made them infalible; unbreakable; inhuman. I know, I'm truly guilty of this. With her marriage and his books and messages, I put too much admiration and stake into them and it was I who failed them by not thinking that they could ever have a problem in their lives, let alone their marriage.

I watched them grow together on TBN; at Bishop Charles Blake's church (West Angeles Church of Christ -- something occurred there that may have set a trigger in this tragedy of theirs);

I was a 'member' of their online ministry and received many of their downloads of messages for free; I have Thomas's autographed copy of their book "Teach Me How to Love You."

Two months ago, I came across Thomas's tape interview on the Teach Me How to Love You series. Now that I think of it, there were 'signs' there that I didn't take heed to. I've been listening to Juanita's music CD, "Morning Glory", another clue, that I didn't take heed to. :nono:

This is all a terrible nightmare to me. I can't even pinch myself to see if I'm awake. :nono: I was so 'close' to them and yet so far away. :nono: AND I KNEW BETTER. RR......I KNEW Better! Yes I did. I've seen this before with other ministers...my very own Pastor (former).

RR, I appreciate your stand so much. And I just wanted you to know that, even if it ever appears that I don't understand or if I 'slightly' disagree. You're still my girl, keeping me in check.

:bighug: RR....

Last edited:

syze6

Re: Abuse Is Not a Private Family Matter

Beating your wife is not a "private family matter" it's a crime and there's a good chance that if he was willing to beat her in public that this was not the first time. Unfortunately, people do think of abuse as something private to the relationship. Most women are as humiliated at the thought of telling anyone that they are going through this, as they are hurt by the abuse.

I can't stand a woman beater! I hope she finds it in her heart to forgive him, move on and not let satan hold this hostage to her heart. My neighbor upstairs gets her tail whooped. I mean this guy beats her as if she is a man on the street. I get so angry and I call the police. It's to the point that if I saw her getting beat, I want to jump in and help her. She calls the police time and time again but she NEVER presses charges! You can hear the screams and noise coming from her apartment. He calls her all kinds of B**** and he does all this in front of HER children. She has a 16, 14, 7, 6 and a 1 year old. They all are witness to this. The 14, 7, and 6 year old are always trying to help her. I am angry just typing this. She is 35 and this PUNK is 22, young buck causing all this chaos.

What BURNS me up is that he will return to the home, the NEXT day! One day we were outside, two days after an incident. He walks up and she addresses him as 'baby' and he goes in HER house! WHAT!!!! I almost don't want to feel sorry for her anymore, but the heart I have won't let me. The police lady came one day and told her, it does no good to keep calling and not doing anything! AMEN!!!

How about he beat her tail saturday, dragging her down a street and kicking her and such. She is now death in her left ear because he busted her eardrum!! She is literally black and blue, ane it made me sick to see her bruises! It makes me sad that she doesn't do better for herself or her children. She has no idea the trauma they will carry from witnessing these incidents! She doesn't even fight back, she just gets straight beat. I don't get it. The BOy is about 130lbs and skinny as a rail. Meanwhile she is about 180lbs and getting beat like that.

She is more worried about keeping a man! He is in jail know but I feel that she is going to be right back with him! UUGG!!

mrsmeredith

I pray for both of them. We don't know what really happened only the ending. Also, someone can be provoked not saying that this is the issue but yes you can be provoked. Even the lord our GOD can be provoked.

No, he should not have touched her! Wait till all the details come out before we make assumptions. I am hoping that people pray for the couple more than they gossip toward them. Speak the word of GOD over there situation not curses and defeatess statements. Stand and pray, Pray and watch GOD move.

Nice & Wavy

I pray for both of them. We don't know what really happened only the ending. Also, someone can be provoked not saying that this is the issue but yes you can be provoked. Even the lord our GOD can be provoked.

No, he should not have touched her! Wait till all the details come out before we make assumptions. I am hoping that people pray for the couple more than they gossip toward them. Speak the word of GOD over there situation not curses and defeatess statements. Stand and pray, Pray and watch GOD move.

At the bolded: You are right, however...what I read was that they both walked out into the parking lot together and that's where the fight ensued. She didn't chase him down, running behind him to provoke him, that's the difference.

ETA: Read below:

ajc.com > Metro > Atlanta

UPDATED: 1:32 p.m. August 23, 2007
Evangelist Bynum will file charges against husband

By SAEED AHMED, D. AILEEN DODD
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/22/07
Popular Pentecostal evangelist Juanita Bynum told police Thursday that she intends to file charges against her estranged husband who allegedly attacked her in a parking lot early Wednesday.
[post a comment below]
A spokesman with the Atlanta Police Department said Thursday that officers were making plans to meet with Bynum to investigate the case.
Rich Addicks/AJC
Juanita Bynum, shown preaching at Megafest 2006, reportedly was attempting to reconcile with her estranged husband Wednesday when he attacked her in a hotel parking lot.
RELATED LINK:
More Atlanta news

The preacher, whose fiery and frank sermons about women's empowerment have won her a national following, could not be reached for comment Thursday. Authorities said the evangelist, who has a home in the metro Atlanta area, had been whisked away by family as they decide what to do next to protect the preacher from her estranged husband Thomas W. Weeks III.
"She was pretty upset about the incident," said Ron Campbell, spokesman for the Atlanta Police Department. "At this point, she is at an undisclosed location trying to stay away from him."
Campbell said the couple was trying to reconcile at a restaurant in the Renaissance Concourse Hotel when their meeting went sour. As the couple headed toward parking lot about 4 a.m. Wednesday, they got into a physical fight. "He began to choke her, he pushed her down and started kicking on her and stomping her," Campbell said. "The bellman of the hotel actually witnessed the incident and pulled Mr. Weeks off of her."

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

Please watch this video clip of their wedding. Listen to the words of the song, "Faithful". For 'Faithful' is what God truly is to all of us.

http://www.princessdominique.com/blog/2007/08/23/juanita-bynum-wedding/

satan wants us to doubt and fear, but God says no, He is still ?God and He changes not. He is STILL Faithful to all of us.

Please pray for God to overcome them with His Fire! MrsMeredith, thank you :kiss: For, I totally agree with you. Therefore, I - Shimmie - will not speak 'curses' over either of them; nor death to what God intends for their lives or their marriage. We do not know what really happened, but God does and He WILL prevail. He will surely prevail and all in the name of Jesus. I want to see total healing in this. Only God determines to what extend. Amen and Amen.

You'll see some comments here. Many are extremely supportive.

http://www.princessdominique.com/blog/2007/08/23/juanita-bynum-wedding

Last edited:

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection

Well, I said it in the other thread and I will say it here for good measure. This is bigger than just Juanita and her husband. Domestic violence is being brought to the forefront in all walks of life recently. Its been on oprah, other secular news outlets, and now a major church figure has been affected.

Church folx have the tendency to live in denial about Christians not behaving CHRISTlike, and tend to deny that certain issues affect the body of Christ because they are not representative of how we are "supposed" to be. We are living a from of godliness, on the surface, but not dealing with the true, hard issues. We tend to put our heads in the sand and not act because it is a "world" issue not a "church" issue, and by the time we wake up to see we are still in the world and also affected, we are overtaken and nearly destroyed.

There are tons of church folx in domestic violence situations, some dont seek help because they have received the wrong teaching on submission, and that if you are a "good" Christian and doing what you are supposed to do, divorce just doesnt happen. They believe (and it may be true) that their marriage is destined by God and it's His will for them to stay together. Well, stone me if you want to but Gods "will" doesnt always happen. If you believe otherwise, let me point out that it's not Gods will that any should perish. If just one person goes to hell, then Gods will wasnt fulfilled. (This not the same as saying Gods word can be made void-- it cant--what He has promised and foretold WILL come to pass. However we all know that His will is only good things for us, but because of the world we live in, and often our standing in our own way and being disobedient, this just doesnt come to pass.)

Anyway, the church has a chance for MAJOR dialogue on this issue. We have the opportunity to help women (and abused men-- that happens too) everywhere break free of lives they are living in fear. I wish only the best for Juanita and her husband, and I'm hoping that good comes out of this by allowing folx who need to to shed their shame and seek help to do so.

Shimmie

Staff member

Well, I said it in the other thread and I will say it here for good measure. This is bigger than just Juanita and her husband. Domestic violence is being brought to the forefront in all walks of life recently. Its been on oprah, other secular news outlets, and now a major church figure has been affected.

Church folx have the tendency to live in denial about Christians not behaving CHRISTlike, and tend to deny that certain issues affect the body of Christ because they are not representative of how we are "supposed" to be. We are living a from of godliness, on the surface, but not dealing with the true, hard issues. We tend to put our heads in the sand and not act because it is a "world" issue not a "church" issue, and by the time we wake up to see we are still in the world and also affected, we are overtaken and nearly destroyed.

There are tons of church folx in domestic violence situations, some dont seek help because they have received the wrong teaching on submission, and that if you are a "good" Christian and doing what you are supposed to do, divorce just doesnt happen. They believe (and it may be true) that their marriage is destined by God and it's His will for them to stay together. Well, stone me if you want to but Gods "will" doesnt always happen. If you believe otherwise, let me point out that it's not Gods will that any should perish. If just one person goes to hell, then Gods will wasnt fulfilled. (This not the same as saying Gods word can be made void-- it cant--what He has promised and foretold WILL come to pass. However we all know that His will is only good things for us, but because of the world we live in, and often our standing in our own way and being disobedient, this just doesnt come to pass.)

Anyway, the church has a chance for MAJOR dialogue on this issue. We have the opportunity to help women (and abused men-- that happens too) everywhere break free of lives they are living in fear. I wish only the best for Juanita and her husband, and I'm hoping that good comes out of this by allowing folx who need to to shed their shame and seek help to do so.
The Truth, Enchantmt....Sad yes, but the truth.

sunnydaze

I remember seeing her wedding and her tears of joy walking down the isle.

As someone who left a marriage that if left unchecked, was going to go down that same road, I have a spot in my heart for anyone who has been through any sort of domestic violence, whether its a push or a punch. I will pray for her and her family.

Nice & Wavy

No stones here my sweet sister! You are absolutely right. My husband and I have counseled many MEN who have been abused by their wives, so it does go both ways. It is a horrible act and no one deserves it, no one.

Blessings.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL

Like a stale 'twig'...a twig disconnected from the branch of the True Vine...Our Lord Jesus.

There's no water in a disconnected twig. No water of life to make it pliable. Like crumbling wheat...

I pray this man re-connected to Jesus, but this time, more than ever before.

Nicely written.

---

Excellent post, Enchantment!

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

Another Beautiful video...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bvm0rjZEupo

Obviously, I'm having a very hard time 'accepting' the recent tragic occurrence with this couple. I still wish them healing and recovery. Yes...he was wrong... :sad:

delp

Update:
http://media.myfoxatlanta.com/bynum/bynumincident.pdf

And a Warrant has been issued for his arrest. Ok it is getting Crazier!!!!

Warrants Issued for Bynum's Estranged Husband
Last Edited: Thursday, 23 Aug 2007, 3:46 PM EDT
Created: Thursday, 23 Aug 2007, 1:24 PM EDT
Thomas Weeks III (courtesy: harrrisonhouse.com)

ATLANTA (AP) -- The husband of televangelist Juanita Bynum will be charged with aggravated assault and terroristic threats following a fight in which he left her badly bruised, Atlanta police said.

Officer Ronald Campbell said Bynum met with authorities Thursday at an undisclosed location to press the charges against preacher Thomas W. Weeks III, founder of Global Destiny churches.

The fight happened early Wednesday in a hotel parking lot near Atlanta's airport, and a hotel bellman pulled Weeks off Bynum, Campbell said.

"They were talking about a reconciliation. They got into an argument. In the process of the argument, her husband walked out to the parking lot area, turned back around and started to choke Miss Bynum," Campbell said.

"As he choked her, he pushed her down to the ground and started to kick her and also stomp on her," he said. "There was a bellman at the location who witnessed the whole assault, intervened, and pulled Mr. Weeks off of Miss Bynum."

Weeks did not return a phone message or an e-mail request for comment Thursday by The Associated Press. A call to Global Destiny was answered only by a recorded message with information about the ministry.

Campbell told the AP on Thursday he was unsure if investigators had spoken with Weeks.

Asked about the fight, a woman who answered the phone at Juanita Bynum Ministries in Waycross said, "We're not at liberty to discuss it at this time." She did not identify herself.

Bynum is a former homemaker, hairdresser and flight attendant who became a Pentecostal evangelist. She got a break when Bishop T.D. Jakes invited her to speak at one of his conferences several years ago.

Her ministry blossomed after her "No More Sheets" sermon about breaking free of sexual promiscuity at a singles event. She writes books, records inspirational CDs and preaches to millions through televised sermons.

She married Weeks in 2002 in a televised wedding.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

In Jesus' Name, In Jesus' Name, In Jesus' Name... Dear Lord, please heal this marriage and any others in need of such which you feel / desire to be healed.

Only under your mercy do we come and give praise for what you are about to do. Father, the world is watching, let them see the power of
your glory. For thou art God and you fail not.

Nice & Wavy

In Jesus' Name, In Jesus' Name, In Jesus' Name... Dear Lord, please heal this marriage and any others in need of such which you feel / desire to be healed.

Only under your mercy do we come and give praise for what you are about to do. Father, the world is watching, let them see the power of

We need the Lord...all of us, we need Him so much.:perplexed

Southernbella.

Great post, as always. I think people are already being helped. I think when things like this jump off, we tend to fear the effect it will have on the church. I look at it like this...there are so many people who are seeking God right now because of this. Some women are getting out of abusive marriages right now. Ms. Bynum is going to have a great testimony for all of us one day soon. Many Christians are realizing that material things aren't necessarily fruit in your life. I see good coming from this, I really do.:yep:

nissi

How sad! I am definitely praying for and with them for healing and restoration.

A couple in ministry in my church is walking through domestic abuse on the behalf of the husband and they are now in the process of being restored, counseled, etc. with full accountability and scrutiny.

Currently, they have been separated for almost 2 years, but undergoing extensive counseling while the husband took time to face his issues. For a season, he even walked away from church and the Lord. But ultimately it ended up being so that he could come to grips with some hard issues about his upbringing, his inner wiring, mindset, etc. Even though he is saved and loves the Lord! We were praying for his return and restoration, and he did return and submit to spiritual leadership for his restoration.

Also, while they were separated, the wife also honestly looked at issues where she needed to grow and mature, and yes, where she could provoke her husband, although there is no excuse for a man physically striking a woman under ANY circumstances.

They are still being counseled by a more seasoned couple in ministry and walking baby steps toward full restoration so that they can once again share a home with their child. So I pray that if the Lord says the same, the Weeks will be able to endure the long journey of walking through forgiveness, self-examination, counseling and full reconciliation.

I serve in ministry and i know that ministers have the same emotions as anyone else, and have to work even harder to put them in check. But domestic abuse in the Body is a sad, sad reality that needs to be exposed.

Just because folks love the Lord doesn't mean they don't have an enemy who won't play on the weakness of their flesh! That's why praying, fasting, humbling oneself, being able to apologize, and acknowledging when one is wrong is soo necessary for men and women.

Prophetess Bynum had just finished the Women on the Frontline Conference, so I understand the devil was after her, but I am so sorry it happened.

It really hurts that it had to happen that way, but if the Lord allowed it, then it needed to be brought to light. So again, I am praying.

i am sad too and praying. I have been to the first women on the frontline conference in tampa and also went to the threshing floor conference last year and am shocked, puzzled... never the less praying for restoration.

gn1g

God is going to take this ordeal and turn it around for their good. I am looking forward to her and maybe even him being a spokesperson on domestic abuse.

p31woman

Great post, as always. I think people are already being helped. I think when things like this jump off, we tend to fear the effect it will have on the church. I look at it like this...there are so many people who are seeking God right now because of this. Some women are getting out of abusive marriages right now. Ms. Bynum is going to have a great testimony for all of us one day soon. Many Christians are realizing that material things aren't necessarily fruit in your life. I see good coming from this, I really do.:yep:

*prays and trys to put out the flames*

I see it too...

We are in constant warfare and the devil thought he would shake the faith of millions who admire them.

We have to make sure that we continue to speak the truth, becasue a lot of people will question God now.

I can see the good that will come now. She must too, since she isn't trying to hide her injuries from the media.

Both of them are in my prayers.

mrsmeredith

Thank you father and I stand in agreement with shimmie right now in the name of Jesus. I thank you that this to will be a testimony of restoration and healing but of also forgiveness. I speak wholeness in mind, spirit and body to every marriage and relationship that you have ordained and I bind the spirit of divorce right now in the name of Jesus. Lord I thank you that whatever happens in the end you still will get the glory. I cancel every evil thought or word that has been spoken concerning this situation because only you lord knows the hearts and minds of the individuals. So GOD, do what you do best and show up and show out.
Amen

Whatever happens, if they stay together or not GODS purpose will still prevail.

mrsmeredith

How sad! I am definitely praying for and with them for healing and restoration.

A couple in ministry in my church is walking through domestic abuse on the behalf of the husband and they are now in the process of being restored, counseled, etc. with full accountability and scrutiny.

Currently, they have been separated for almost 2 years, but undergoing extensive counseling while the husband took time to face his issues. For a season, he even walked away from church and the Lord. But ultimately it ended up being so that he could come to grips with some hard issues about his upbringing, his inner wiring, mindset, etc. Even though he is saved and loves the Lord! We were praying for his return and restoration, and he did return and submit to spiritual leadership for his restoration.

Also, while they were separated, the wife also honestly looked at issues where she needed to grow and mature, and yes, where she could provoke her husband, although there is no excuse for a man physically striking a woman under ANY circumstances.

They are still being counseled by a more seasoned couple in ministry and walking baby steps toward full restoration so that they can once again share a home with their child. So I pray that if the Lord says the same, the Weeks will be able to endure the long journey of walking through forgiveness, self-examination, counseling and full reconciliation.

I serve in ministry and i know that ministers have the same emotions as anyone else, and have to work even harder to put them in check. But domestic abuse in the Body is a sad, sad reality that needs to be exposed.

Just because folks love the Lord doesn't mean they don't have an enemy who won't play on the weakness of their flesh! That's why praying, fasting, humbling oneself, being able to apologize, and acknowledging when one is wrong is soo necessary for men and women.

Prophetess Bynum had just finished the Women on the Frontline Conference, so I understand the devil was after her, but I am so sorry it happened.

It really hurts that it had to happen that way, but if the Lord allowed it, then it needed to be brought to light. So again, I am praying.

Its good to hear testimonies like this. God is just so awesome. I know that GOD has something so great for them that satan had to try and intervene but they both will get back on the right track and GOD will prevail