Jheri Curl grew hair

leejeff

I think retaining moisture is the key to growing hair. I remember when the Jheri curl was out my hair grew like a weed. I knew girls who never had not hair, when they got the Jheri their hair grew. The only problem was when you got rid of the style it took your hair out. I remember that is when I first heard of the plastic baggie routine. I am using minoval and jamaican black castor oil and I'm seeing results, but nothing worked like that Jheri Curl

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
what products did you use and what regime did you follow when you had a Jheri Curl?

bluediamond0829

i forget the name of the ingredient that is mainly based in curls...but it is something in it that makes peoples hair grow quicker...i know i read this awhile back....

carrie

I thought it was because of the glycerin which caused you to retain more moisture than usual. I thought that was the theory behind using S culr and stuff like that with the baggie method.

bluediamond0829

carrie said:
I thought it was because of the glycerin which caused you to retain more moisture than usual. I thought that was the theory behind using S culr and stuff like that with the baggie method.
yeah thats what it is called glycerin...i think the scurl and some of the curl products have it in it...but that plays the major part of it...my mom still has her curl...i cldnt see her with a relaxer because she wldnt knw how to take care of it...not saying she doesnot take care of her hair now...but with a curl for her she doesnt have to care for it as much as you would a relaxer...my mom had the relaxer in her hair one time...but even before that she had the curl...so she came from being natural(im talking 70's when the afros were popular) to the curl, then to a relaxer for about 1 1/2 and then straight back to a curl...and from then on thats what she does...they even seemed as if they were improving the wave nouveau...and for awhile there i was thinking about going to it...as long as it didnt come out looking like a jheri curl...

Keen

carrie said:

This is true. Technically your hair is not growing faster. It seem like it is because you are retaining more lenght due to constant moisturizing to keep your curls wet.

MeccaMedinah

Keen said:
This is true. Technically your hair is not growing faster. It seem like it is because you are retaining more lenght due to constant moisturizing to keep your curls wet.

;) Thanks, Keen.
I thought we all knew that NO chemical relaxer/ jerri curl is making our hair grow. All that moisture helps us retain length. We always have to keep our ends moisturized & healthy.

Belle Du Jour

Since I started using that s-curl, I noticed that my hiar is much softer and more moisturized now. That is probably the key.

When I had a Jheri Curl when I was a girl my hair got much longer than it was.

I don't ever remember having to have my hair trimmed during the 3 1/2- 4 years I had it. Imagine how much growth I got during that time.

I lost the length when I took the curl out in middle school. :ohwell:

I used World of Curls spray and that moisturizing gel. The smell of that stuff gives me flashbacks.

LDebagoria

My cousin had a Jheri curl when she was a little girl, and it took her hair OUT! It looked cute enough, but I don't think it was for her hair. No matter how much her mom moisturized it, it still was always dry-looking.:look:

SUPER SWEET

[ I used World of Curls spray and that moisturizing gel. The smell of that stuff gives me flashbacks.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
I had to stop using it recently...the smell gave me a headache