Jherri Redding NaturalProtein users ????

tnorenberg

Anyone still using the Jherri Redding Natural Protein Conditioner for neutralizing and protein replacement after a relaxer? Someone, maybe Sareca or DLewis introduced us to this last year and it has done wonders for my relaxer results. Well, I went into Sally's today and it has been discontinued! :blush::blush: Anyone found a replacement product for this. Normally I use this immediately after I rinse out the relaxer and before a neutralizing conditioner.

Last edited:

hopeful

Is it that product that smells and looks like soy sauce? If so I have some in my cabinet. Couldn't figure out how to use it. Doesn't it run all over the place? How do you apply without creating a mess?

caribgirl

Anyone still using the Jherri Redding Natural Protein Conditioner for neutralizing and protein replacement after a relaxer? Someone, maybe Sareca or DLewis introduced us to this last year and it has done wonders for my relaxer results. Well, I went into Sally's today and it has been discontinued! :blush::blush: Anyone found a replacement product for this. Normally I use this immediately after I rinse out the relaxer and before a neutralizing conditioner.

I use it with ACV before using neutralizing poo as recommended by Sareca. I can't believe that it has been discontinued!!!

Hmm, I wonder if porosity control would be an alternative.

poookie

hmm... natural protein... smells like soy sauce... sounds like that product had liquid aminos. maybe you could buy a bottle of liquid aminos, and add that to an acidic conditioner. braggs is a good brand.

tnorenberg

Is it that product that smells and looks like soy sauce? If so I have some in my cabinet. Couldn't figure out how to use it. Doesn't it run all over the place? How do you apply without creating a mess?

Yeah, that's the one. I apply it in the shower after I rinse out the relaxer.Then I put on a plastic cap for 10 min to keep it from getting on everything while I wash off. Then I rinse and continue with the rest of my relaxer routine. I amso bummed. They couldn't even suggest a replacement for it. I really liked it because it totally neutralized any trace of relaxer even before I did the neutralizing conditioner or shampoo.