Joico KPak Liquid Reconstructor- how often do you use if daily cowashing?

AllieCat0817

Do you ladies use this daily? How often is too often? I've been trying all day to fix the hard straw my hair turned into after using L'Oreal Sulfate Free Moisture Shampoo yesterday. What is helping A LOT is Ojon Restorative Treatment & Organix coconut serum..the serum REALLY seems to have helped. I know it has proteins so I figured maybe I need to use some of my KPak liquid reconstructor since the straw feeling is subsiding with the Organix. I cowash daily. I just sprayed some Joico on top of the Ojon & Organix.. Feels good. Should I use it daily? Once a week? I did a deep DC with heat for over an hour earlier using Sitrinillah, honey, Ojon treatment & coconut oil- that helped some. So I have moisturized the crap outta my hair & I'm thinkin the light protein may be needed to get my hair totally NONstraw like it was before that poo disaster. Sorry if I'm rambling but its been a hella 24 hours with my hair plus I'm leaving for Florida for a week tomorrow.

Thanks for input on the liquid reconstructor. I'm recently texlaxed (SE Regular lye).

IT, If I were going to use the Joico K-Pak Reconstructor, I would probably use it by following the directions. Do you have any PC? Sometimes Porosity Control can correct alot of issues. If I had it, I would use it.:yep:

Have you also tried the Sitrinillah? That is suppose to be pretty moisturizing as well. I think I would DC and leave it on for a couple of hours. I would use something uber moisturizing.

Doesn't the Ojon act kinda like a protein treatment as well? Whenever I think restorative, reconstruct, rejuvenate, I always think "protein" Also, doesn't the coconut serum contain a light protein as well? i.e. coconut?

The Joico is just another light protein, and it sounds like you have plenty of that in your hair. I would focus on Moisture. I would pull out the Most Moisturizing Conditioner I own and apply and let sit for a few hours.

Thanks for your reply!! Yes yesterday I did a DC inder the dryer with Sitrinillah. The KpakLiquid leave in says to use it as a daily leave in (I think). I used it last night & this morning after cowashing. My hair feels sooo much better. The Ojon is red palm oil- I am certain there's no protein. I will keep a close eye on it. & won't do the Joico daily. Thank you!

The Ojon is red palm oil- I am certain there's no protein. I will keep a close eye on it. & won't do the Joico daily. Thank you!

Allie: Glad your hair is feeling much softer. Hope you will get your protein & moisture back in balance.

I did happen to look at Wikipedia and they liken Red Palm to Coconut Oil. I don't know how much Protein is actually contained in Coconut Oil, but Red Palm, according to Wikipedia is closest in properties to Coconut oil.

Back