How Often Do You Use A Protein Reconstructor?

Montreal

A Phobia of Scissors
Hi Ladies,
I wash my hair about once a week and purchased the Nexxus Keraphix Restorative Protein Creme Reconstructor. I used it two weeks ago after washing my hair and got good results. I was wondering how often should I use this product? Ive heard using protein conditioners too often might be damaging on the hair.

Leslie_C

ITA w/ Tene. Depending on the condition of your hair, they can be used anywhere from weekly to monthly. If u arent sure, u can always mix it with a moisturizing conditioner so it wont be too drying.

Neroli

I use about once every two weeks. I would urge less rather than more when using proteins, especially if your hair is already in good condition. . .

Montreal

A Phobia of Scissors
Thanks Ladies. I think I might hold off on it for a couple of weeks. I just purchased a moisturizing shampoo by Nexxus ( and I think I'm becoming addicted like Candibaby
) so I'll probably just use that with a moisturizing conditioner.

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
Montreal said:
Thanks Ladies. I think I might hold off on it for a couple of weeks. I just purchased a moisturizing shampoo by Nexxus ( and I think I'm becoming addicted like Candibaby
) so I'll probably just use that with a moisturizing conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh.. you bought therappe and humectress too? yep.. you're on your way to being a nexxus addict too

A

anks

I used the Aphogee Protein Reconstructor once a month. I bought the Motions Silk Protein last month, and used that, and got good results so I may just stick with this product. I will still use it only once a month.

Cleo

I use one every other week or if I feel my hair needs it, I use it every week followed by a moisturizing conditioner.

AshCash

I use Joico's K-pak Reconstructor weekly followed by a moisturizing conditioner. The few times I've used Aphogee its been way too much for my hair.