Judge Hatchett case on relaxer burn

Bosslady1

BTW, If I had a daughter (I have a son) there is no way I would perm her hair at that age. I would wait until she is 14-16 and give her hair options (press n curl or perm) before I take her to a hair dresser.

Honi

There is no board.
I'm so disgusted about today's show. I wanted to punch that childs mother in her fat *** head! Why the hell is she relaxing a 3 year-old childs hair anyway???? I don't care how many times she had it done. All it takes is one **** up and look what happend.

I hope that child does not suffer permanent damage because of combined foolishness due to her parents and the damn beautician. That burn looked awful.

Last edited:

CAPlush

So, I went to Sally's to pick up a few essentials and I checked out the kiddie relaxer boxes. While the PCJ did not have an age minimum on the outside of the box, the Just For Me was clearly marked that it was not to be used on kids under 6. Please show this marking to anyone you know who is thinking about relaxing their baby's hair.

chayil0427

That's crazy!!! :mad: Why is she relaxing that BABY's hair.

That's why I insist my stylist base my scalp and wash that mess out if it starts to burn, and my daughter will NOT be getting chemicals put in her head until she's well into her teenaged years.

Chayil

GoldenBreeze

CAPlush said:
So, I went to Sally's to pick up a few essentials and I checked out the kiddie relaxer boxes. While the PCJ did not have an age minimum on the outside of the box, the Just For Me was clearly marked that it was not to be used on kids under 6. Please show this marking to anyone you know who is thinking about relaxing their baby's hair.

It's great that you did that!:)

In all honesty, I'd never put a relaxer in my 6 yr olds hair (if I had a 6 yr old).;) For me, those chemicals are just to strong for children's heads. If my daughter was 16, and could give me some really compelling reasons why she thought a relaxer was necessary, then I might consider allowing it.

asubeauty

My friend relaxes her 2 year old's hair. I was watching her do her hair one day, and she was like "Little girl, you need another perm." I was like :eek: The baby's hairline is already disappearing.

I didn't want to say anything, because I didn't want her to think that I was out of line, especially since I don't have any kids, but I know someone needs to say SOMETHING. Every time the baby gets her hair combed, she's screaming "ouch", and her mom is like "You need to quit showing out!" :ohwell:

CurleeDST

My child is not getting any chemicals in her head until she is old enough to pay for it herself. That sounds like late teens/early 20's to me. It will be totally up to her. Other than that she better learn how to style natural hair b/c my money ain't going for it.

KiniKakes

amr501 said:
She should have rinsed the relaxer out immediately! "Lifted the dirt" how insulting :mad: ........$2,430? She should have been compensated more IMO.

ITA!

$2430 is chump change for what she endured! :mad:

baby42

she need a butt kicking too:mad: burn her like that to bad the didnt :look: out her so everbody knew where her shop was

Gisselle

asubeauty said:
My friend relaxes her 2 year old's hair. I was watching her do her hair one day, and she was like "Little girl, you need another perm." I was like :eek: The baby's hairline is already disappearing.

I didn't want to say anything, because I didn't want her to think that I was out of line, especially since I don't have any kids, but I know someone needs to say SOMETHING. Every time the baby gets her hair combed, she's screaming "ouch", and her mom is like "You need to quit showing out!" :ohwell:

That is crazy:eek:

angellazette

Wow so Judge Hatchett today is showing ANOTHER case of child relaxer burn. This time it's a male stylist. The first one I saw was a female stylist and her male assistant. Or are the two cases related? I can't remember what the mom looked like but Judge Hatchett did just say that the mother was suing twice. Whatever the case, it's still crazy.