PHILADELPHIA LADIES HELPPPP

Nicole4rc

:cry: I may be pregnant and hormonal, but my hairdresser just destroyed my hair. She put the relaxer on my head and pushed it down but I was only there for a touch up. Then she cut my hair without even asking. She keeps cutting my hair when I tell her I don't want it cut. Every 6 weeks I get my hair back to the same length as before and she cuts it. I got a relaxer burn and she burnt my hair with the iron ( i didn't ask for her to iron or blow dry my hair).

Here's the question: Does anyone know or have a hairdresser who LISTENS to them and ASKS what they want? I want someone who is looking after the condition of my hair not in it for the money. I also dont want to feel I'm being guilt tripped into getting things done. PLEEASSSEEE SOMEONE HELP ME. :sad: - Desperate

shoot, my hairdresser BETTER listen to me when i tell her how i want my hair! you should find a new stylist who does so, because listening is the biggest part of a stylists job. and for her to go and cut your hair when you specifically told her not to...thats just unacceptable! it sounds to me like she's ruining your hard-earned progess, and your paying her for it!

*edit* oh, you were asking if anyone had any stylist recommendations. sorry, i live in fla, can't help you there. just wanted to add my 2 cents in!

I've had very simliar experiences myself. Have you ever thought about DYI? No one will take care of your hair better than you will

:cry: I may be pregnant and hormonal, but my hairdresser just destroyed my hair. She put the relaxer on my head and pushed it down but I was only there for a touch up. Then she cut my hair without even asking. She keeps cutting my hair when I tell her I don't want it cut. Every 6 weeks I get my hair back to the same length as before and she cuts it. I got a relaxer burn and she burnt my hair with the iron ( i didn't ask for her to iron or blow dry my hair).

Here's the question: Does anyone know or have a hairdresser who LISTENS to them and ASKS what they want? I want someone who is looking after the condition of my hair not in it for the money. I also dont want to feel I'm being guilt tripped into getting things done. PLEEASSSEEE SOMEONE HELP ME. :sad: - Desperate
The bold is why I left a hairdresser I had been going to for years.

I've never lived in Philly. I wish I could help. You should send macherieamour a PM if she doesn't see this thread. I'm sure she can recommend a stylist in Philly.

Maybe you can find a new stylist in the Salon Review Forum.

try Agustinas dominican salon and spa. its not the prettiest place but the owner is in to hair care not just getting money from you. just tell her the problem and she'll help you. she is a real dominican i didn't even think she was dominican but she is in to hair care. the addres is:

37 Lansdowne ave Lansdowne pa 19050

straight out Baltimore ave.....

give her a try!!!

Hey, I don't know how close you are to Cheltanham/Glenside area but there's a salon on Easton Rd. called Naturalis Studio, the hairdresser's name there is Sandy and she specializes in natural, organic haircare, I went to her when I was a natural & I still go there now that I'm relaxed. NO cuts disguised as trims, NO unnecessary touchups, good stylist and she really knows how to care for your hair... I've been to a LOT of salons in Philly & in the burbs & she is BY FAR the best :grin:

I go to Gabby's on Washington Lane and Stenton Ave (West Oak Lane section of Philly). My stylist's name is Rhea and I luv her to death! This is the 3rd salon I have followed her to. She is not at all scissor happy and she is into haircare, so she won't sizzle your hair out. She does what you ask of her and if she feels that it's not to your hair's benefit, she'll talk to you about it. I love that I can ask her about my hair and she's very knowledgeable. She also tells you how to do your hair, what products she uses and tells you how to use them at home to keep up your own hair if you wish to- she's a sweetie. Her presses are the BOMB. She will have you looking like you came out of the dominican salon every time. If you want to try this salon, the number to the salon is 267-286-9905. Even if you don't choose to go to this salon, I wish you all the luck finding one that works for you!:yep:

I'm in South Jersey just across the Betsy Ross.
And also looking for new options in the Philadelphia area.

If you are OK with an at home stylist, you should PM LovelyChar.
She does hair, is a member of this forum (so she follows the principles) and she is in Philly.

When she pulled out the scissors, why didn't you say anything? I'll never understand that when people go to the hairdresser, they start cutting, but don't say anything:perplexed

Wow thank you ladies so much. I didn't expect such a number of you to respond. I have considered and tried doing my hair myself but I just added breakage. Plus, I'm in nursing so I don't have the time!!! Caring for my hair is pretty difficult.

And thanks for the pep talk I know I'm quite passive about my hair because I've spent my whole life thinking stylists know better. But now I know I have to step up. Next time a stylist comes near me with scissors I'll be ready.:brucelee:

But, I whole heartedly want to thank you all for your support and advice so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

I go to Gabby's on Washington Lane and Stenton Ave (West Oak Lane section of Philly). My stylist's name is Rhea and I luv her to death! This is the 3rd salon I have followed her to. She is not at all scissor happy and she is into haircare, so she won't sizzle your hair out. She does what you ask of her and if she feels that it's not to your hair's benefit, she'll talk to you about it. I love that I can ask her about my hair and she's very knowledgeable. She also tells you how to do your hair, what products she uses and tells you how to use them at home to keep up your own hair if you wish to- she's a sweetie. Her presses are the BOMB. She will have you looking like you came out of the dominican salon every time. If you want to try this salon, the number to the salon is 267-286-9905. Even if you don't choose to go to this salon, I wish you all the luck finding one that works for you!:yep:

Thank u sooo much. I have been looking for the number and it says that 2159271200 was the number. I could never get into contact with them. I f it wasnt for you I would not have had the number. I appreciate it. Do they do good weaves? :grin:

I am so sorry that happened to you.

I live in Philly, but every 3 months I travel to Wilmington, DE to my stylist Mike at Bliss Elements Salon. He is great, he and his wife own the shop. They are all about hair care, in addition to being a green salon. They do NOT over process or overlap relaxed areas. They use a timer and when it buzzes you are in the bowl. He does great blowouts as well...I love him! lol my hair has been thriving since I started going there. I started with thin ends and broken nape, he cut it to my ears and it is now APL thick and healthy!

Thank u sooo much. I have been looking for the number and it says that 2159271200 was the number. I could never get into contact with them. I f it wasnt for you I would not have had the number. I appreciate it. Do they do good weaves? :grin:
You're so welcome :) Yes, they do. I've seen some cute weave styles coming out of there. I'm still going to Rhea too. :yep: She does beautiful weave styles too. I've gotten a weave ponytail that she did so I could wear it either as a ponytail or I could wear it out- it was gorgeous! I'm also about to get a weave bob... I've been wanting to get a weave for a shorter style forever! One thing I want to warn you about- the wait is crazy... I don't go often because of this. She does awesome hair, but I absolutely hate the wait.

OP, im so sorry about thats, thats sucks :nono: I had a similar thing happen at the Dominican spot on Woodland ave in southwest..I have an appt at Harlem Hair (in Yeadon,Pa on Church Lane if your familiar) , I've never been but my sister who has been natural for 3 years loves it and her hair always looks great

You're so welcome :) Yes, they do. I've seen some cute weave styles coming out of there. I'm still going to Rhea too. :yep: She does beautiful weave styles too. I've gotten a weave ponytail that she did so I could wear it either as a ponytail or I could wear it out- it was gorgeous! I'm also about to get a weave bob... I've been wanting to get a weave for a shorter style forever! One thing I want to warn you about- the wait is crazy... I don't go often because of this. She does awesome hair, but I absolutely hate the wait.

Hopefully I run into u. Lol. Do u know how much she changes?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

Hopefully I run into u. Lol. Do u know how much she changes?

Hopefully... God knows I NEED to go get it done w/i the next few weeks LOL. I'm not sure how much she charges for a full weave because I've never had one. I usually pay about $65 for my relaxer. I paid about $80-$90 for my sew-in ponytail... and it looked TOTALLY real! She did a wonderful job on it. A normal wash and curl is about $50. The way she does hair is that you'll be washed, she flat-irons your hair, then she curls it. She'll do what you ask though, so if you only want the flat-iron (or curl) only for fear of too much heat, she'll only do that- with no attitude. If you ask for a trim, she actually dusts your ends. She will only do a bigger trim if you specifically ask her to.

I used to go to this lady named Stella . She was the shiznit. I don't know what happened to her

Guess what!!!
I went today to get my hair done. I had Jeanette do my hair. They're soo sweet and funny. My shampoo girl Ki Ki was such a sweetheart. It was 150.00

Hopefully... God knows I NEED to go get it done w/i the next few weeks LOL. I'm not sure how much she charges for a full weave because I've never had one. I usually pay about $65 for my relaxer. I paid about $80-$90 for my sew-in ponytail... and it looked TOTALLY real! She did a wonderful job on it. A normal wash and curl is about $50. The way she does hair is that you'll be washed, she flat-irons your hair, then she curls it. She'll do what you ask though, so if you only want the flat-iron (or curl) only for fear of too much heat, she'll only do that- with no attitude. If you ask for a trim, she actually dusts your ends. She will only do a bigger trim if you specifically ask her to.

Guess what!!!
I went today to get my hair done. I had Jeanette do my hair. They're soo sweet and funny. My shampoo girl Ki Ki was such a sweetheart. It was 150.00

Guess what!!!

I am so happy you like them! Yes, they are all sweeties :) It's definately entertaining there. :lol: is 150 a good price for a full weave? Do you love the style?

Sent from my Samsung Epic :)

Yes I will def. post a pic. It goes hand in hand. I don't mind paying it if I'm getting good service and its not even tight. Probably the most comfy weave I've ever had. :)

Yes I will def. post a pic. It goes hand in hand. I don't mind paying it if I'm getting good service and its not even tight. Probably the most comfy weave I've ever had. :)

Cool! I can't wait to see your pic!

44a3395b-95cb-9d44.jpg

^^ It is so cute, I love it! Go 'head girl! I made my appt for friday earlier today. I cannot wait!

Back