Jumping on the bandwagon, posting my rollerset pics :)

butter_pecan

Here are four ... (Not the best quality, my digi cam was stolen :().

IMG00063-20100220-2218.jpg

I had just taken my rolos out Saturday night. I actually rocked my hair to the club like this (shook the curls loose a little bit). The curls were sooo shiny, bouncy and cute. I didn't want to blow them out; I straightened the roots a tiny bit, though.

IMG00061-20100220-2217.jpg

That is how straight my roots came out, before I even went over them once with my CHI! I was very pleased. The roots were soft and shiny, and I'm a natural 3B/3C (more so 3C)!

IMG00065-20100221-2230.jpg

My curls fell a little bit after I showered the next morning (Sunday).

IMG00068-20100222-1334.jpg

This is how my hair looks today at work. The curls didn't fall much more than Sunday. Sunday night, I brushed my hair with my Denman, pin curled my hair, and tied it up.

I LOOOOVE my results. I'm going to start rollersetting once a week now (on Saturdays).

ETA: I couldn't have EVER gotten my rollerset to come out like this if it wasn't for you girls :hugs: My hair used to look like a big, frizzy ball of mess before I joined the challenges, paid my $6.50, and listened to your honest answers :) Thank you!

Last edited:
wow that is looking awesome girl!!!! what size rollers did you use?

I used three sizes of plastic rollers (my hair is still growing from the layers). I used the smallest ones on my sides and old bangs. I used mid-size rollers in the back (the back of my hair is the straightest, so I needed the curls to stay tight and not revert back). I used the big ones predominately on my crown area (which is also the coarsest part of my hair, and extremely dry, too).

What product did you use to roll your hair with?

I used:
-- Lacio Lacio leave-in conditioner (can get it in beauty supply stores that carry Dominican products, or here: http://www.roundbrushhair.com/)
-- Sweet Almond Oil (but you can use Coconut Oil, which is REALLY good and thick consistency, or Caster Oil or EVOO).
-- This shine pomade that my man uses for his locs, but this is optional. I just used it just because.
-- I also kept a spray bottle on hand to keep spraying the parts of my hair that kept drying up.

HTH!

Love the big, soft curls! Doesn't it feel great to master something? I can't wait until I get a good rollerset under my belt:lol:...

I wish I could rollerset.. then all my problems would go away =( I wish I could pay someone just to roll my hair.

You can! Seriously, the key to me getting a good rollerset was the deep conditioning. And the detangling with my Denman brush and the products I used on my hair as I was rolling it. You also have to keep the roots wet and use enough product on your hair before you roll it.

Trust me, my first rollerset was a hot @$$ mess! That's why I waited until I learned some more info on here before I tried it again.

Love the big, soft curls! Doesn't it feel great to master something? I can't wait until I get a good rollerset under my belt:lol:...

Yes! Because I used to be terrible. My hair looked poofy and all kinds of crazy. I would just give up and wash it a couple days later. :wallbash::spinning::lachen:

Back