June 3 4 5 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

xu93texas

These crochet braids are really loose after 3.5 weeks. I think I'm going to take out the hair tonight and keep the cornrows in and rock a wig for the next 2 weeks.

Will update later if this happens.

***it didn't happen. I'm getting them taken out next week. ***

Last edited:

ladybevy

Thursday:
Pre-Poo overnight with various oils

Friday:
Clarify: Keracare 1st Lather
Poo: SM Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
DC: APB Moisturizing Conditoner & APB Blueberry Cheesecake Deep Conditioner with SAA and WGO for 20 minutes
Detangle: Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme
Leave-Ins/Moisturizer: Bee Mine Balanced Cream Moisturizer and Hydrathermal Naturals Hair Growth Lotion
Style: Air Dry then put in a bun

ladybevy

@IDareT'sHair Just got the DB Transitioning Creme and my first time using it and I loved it. It made my new growth so soft and it was a breeze to detangle(I'm 9 weeks post and have a lot of new growth).
The Bee Mine Moisturizer also loving. Keep my hair very soft and very well moisturized and I don't have to M/S everyday. These will definitely be staples of mine.

AlkalineSteam

Started this morning with a rained-on twist out that I picked into a curly fro last night. Decided that this would be an all day hair/main/pedi day. Been blow drying too much lately, so protein and minimal heat are in order.

Clarify: Baking soda/olive oil/honey (sit for 15 mins & rinse)
CoWash&Detangle: Cream of Nature Coconut Milk Conditioner (Curlbox May 2016)
Protein: Apogee 2 minutes (sit for an hour with no heat, 10 minute blow dry)
DC: ORS Replenishing (sit for an hour with no heat, rinse)
Leave In take 1: Cream of Nature Coconut Milk Leave In. (Hated the feel and fragrance, back in the shower and cowashed it out)
Leave In take 2: Giovanni Direct (super diluted, finger detangle)
Oil Mix: some combo of jojoba, castor, sweet almond, avacado (cold water rinse for 5 seconds in the shower)
Gel: Ecostyler Argan Oil (praying hands in 4 big sections)
Airdry and shake at 75% dry

Results: Super defined and soft WnG with no gel cast or frizz. Hitting the streets as soon as my toes dry. Enjoy your Saturday ladies!

NaturallyATLPCH

Time to reset and clarify
Detangle: SM Multivitamin Leave In Detangler
Clarify: Tressemme Botanicals Detox Shampoo
Protein Treatment: Aphogee Reconstructor
Moisture Treatment: SSI Sugar Peach Conditioner
Leave In: CHI Keratin Leave In
Rollerset for twist bun
Apply APB Cupuacu Hair Lotion and seal ends with a butter to style twist bun

ms.blue

Co-wash: NG peppermint cleansing conditioner.

DC: Mielle organics babassu oil and mint conditioner mixed with kenra moisturizing conditioner with heat.

Leave in/moisturizer: Camille Rose fresh curls and almond jai twisting butter.

Braided my hair while damp in preparation to wear my wig.

Daina

Based on the pictures and preliminary comments from my Komaza analysis I need to step up my protein game.

1. Clarified with Suave clarifying shampoo
2. Followed with Wen 613
3. Protein treatment with Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus, left on for 1 hour with plastic cap
4. Moisture deep conditioned with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm with plastic cap for 2 hours
5. Leave-in used Aphogee green tea and keratin spray; used Keracare leave-in to moisturize
6. Used IC Fantasia heat protectant spray and tensioned blow-dried on low heat to stretch the roots
7. Sealed with jojoba and almond oil
8. Style is loose twists and I added flexi-rods

Will wear loose to church tomorrow and then french braid for work during the week.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
It will be a quick wash to hold me over until I can clarify and chelate.
Pre-poo: evco
Wash: Carol's Daughter Monoi
Shower Detangle: Sally's GVP Paul Mitchell The Detangler
Shower Condition: Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose
LI: liquid, cream, butter of some kind

Lei-Lyn

Recovering PJ...
I'm 1 wk post texlaxer so today will be a moisture-filled wash day which my hair loves.:pepper: I'm so excited because I'm going to try the Aussie Moist line with my hair steamer. I know I'm super-dee-duper late with this line, but living on an island in Alaska old things from the "Lower 48" are always new here if we get them. LOL! :grin: But I also can't wait to try my new Simply Straight Straightening Brush. I've read a lot of reviews here about the ceramic brushes and decided to hop on the bandwagon so I'll be trying that today too after I pre-poo, wash, and deep condition to try and get an estimated length check. (Haven't used heat in 14 mths) I'm so excited... hopefully I'll get some good results... wish me luck!:yahoo::headspin:

Regimen:
Pre-Poo: EVCO
Shampoo: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Sulfate-Free Shampoo
Condition: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura (Rinse Out)
Deep Condition: Same brand as above mixed w/ coconut oil, jojoba oil, peppermint, rosemary, and lavender essential oils
Air Dry in braids or twists
*Trying out my new Simply Straight Straightening Brush

imaginary

Pre-Rx: coffee and neem oil on scalp and then refined coconut oil (warmed) on my strands
Hendigo: mountainroseherbs medium brown hendigo for only 1hr
Clay: rhassoul and water (to help get the indigo particles out)
Shampoo: redken hair cleansing cream
DC: hempseed oil (was gonna do an oil rinse but changed my mind), honey & glycerin layered under Dr. Miracles DC
Leave-ins: aphogee provitamin, giovanni direct, jojoba lavender olive oil and shea butter
Style: twist and curl with TGIN twisting cream with the cwk purple plates to stretch my roots only, then under my soft bonnet.