Just did a touch up

carrie

I used Motions with oil. I used the Moisture plus conditioner and their nuetralizing shampoo. I also finally got the guts up to trim off some of these scraggly ends. It looks so much better now. I took off between 1/4"-1/2" in places. I still don't have the heart to start evening the length out yet.

I actually used my blow dryer because I am about to run out of the house. I haven't used it in so long I couldn't remember where it was stored! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pebbles

Hi Carrie,

Glad your touch up went well. Good girl for cutting those scraggly ends. I don't think you need to take them all off at once. Slowly is the way I would do it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peachtree

Hey Carrie,
It's wonderful that your hair turned out so well. I commend you for laying off the blow drying. But now, you know what you have to do right? You have to store away the blow dryer & "forget" about it again /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

LondonDiva

Glad to hear you had a good relaxing experience Carrie. How is that area in your hair that you were having a problem with?

carrie

Peachtree - trust me that dryer was put away and won't be out for a long time!

LondonDiva - thanks for asking... It is doing a lot better. It is no longer tender and the hair is growing. Slow, but its growing!

Honi

There is no board.
Hi Carrie,

I read in Essence magazine (I think the one with Halle on the cover) that a protein conditioner should be used after rinsing the relaxer because it gives it more strength. I don't use Motions but I heard that the directions calls for a conditioner prior to neutralizing. Did you follow that step or just neutralize? If so, what were the results?

carrie

I did condition after the relaxer was rinsed. I used the Motions Moisture plus. Its what is called for in the directions. It came out pretty nicely.

kasey

Hey Carrie,

Have you started using the Nioxin NX3 for your problem area? If not, what are you using now?