GUESS WHAT!!! GOT A TOUCH UP AND A HAIR CUT

Nanyanika

Hello ladies well i finally went through with the cut to rid of my old texturized ends. i had a very good experience with SILK ELEMENTS LYE REGULAR although this time my scalp tingled, even though my friend and stylist Anne, based my scalp well. The relaxer was left on for 22 minutes the exact timing for coarse textured hair and my hair turned out beautifully straight and silky. After rinsing relaxer throughly, she neutralised 3 times with proclaim in addition to CON poo. She proceeded to cut my hair wet at my request, i think she took off 3-4 inches, exactly as i requested. Followed by my cut Anne used aphogee reconstructor for 20 mins first, to begin the rebuilding process of the hair strands. She followed this procedure by my chosen combo of motions moisture plus and motions silk. She set my hair on magnetic rollers, she used Rusk smoother conditioner and keracare serum and a few sprays of fantansia hair polisher. i was under the dryer only for an hour, as i was getting too sleepy, i was going to have my hair wrapped anyway, for a straight look. The pics are in my album.

good bye ends

Attachments

• picture 008.jpg
    picture 008.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 122
  • picture 040.jpg
    picture 040.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 149
  • picture 016.jpg
    picture 016.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Nanyanika

Ayeshia said:
wow that was one heck of a cut....but your hair looks awesome! so full and full too :yep:
Thank-you it feels healthier too, I'm just going to concerntrate on healthy hair for now, the length will eventually come back.

Doll

Just came from your hair album and I must say that your hair looks very healthy and thick all the way to the ends. I look forward to following your progress from this fresh new start.

Aveena

you gotta do what you gotta do for healthy hair! Gangsta!! You are brave. Congratulations to you.. Your hair looks great. :)

tthreat08

Looks very healthy!

Don't worry about the length. I cut mine in January, and my hair has been growing like crazy. Your will thrive especially with all the damaged part gone!

Fab!

Nanyanika

Doll said:
Just came from your hair album and I must say that your hair looks very healthy and thick all the way to the ends. I look forward to following your progress from this fresh new start.
Thank-you!!! for the compliment!! My hair is very thick and can hide damage very well, I feel a lot better now all the texturizer is gone, I well continue to keep my hair healthy, and see what happens in the new year to come.

Nanyanika

Fran said:
you gotta do what you gotta do for healthy hair! Gangsta!! You are brave. Congratulations to you.. Your hair looks great. :)
Thanks!! i wish i was really brave, i'll probably start crying tormorrow lol. I haven't told my boyfriend what i've done to my hair. Well we've all got to make difficult decisions in life, i'm just glad i'm happy with the results.

Nanyanika

tthreat08 said:
Looks very healthy!

Don't worry about the length. I cut mine in January, and my hair has been growing like crazy. Your will thrive especially with all the damaged part gone!

Fab!
thanks for the encouragement, your hair is very pretty

JazzyDez

Wow Den you really cut a lot.

It does look good though and it will probably grow back quicker than ever since the ends are so healthy they will be able to retain better.

Nanyanika

JazzyDez said:
Wow Den you really cut a lot.

It does look good though and it will probably grow back quicker than ever since the ends are so healthy they will be able to retain better.
I know its quite a lot of hair i think it will grow back quicker because the ends won't dry out and break off much, as long as its protected.

Tee

I agree with the poster on your shine! Your hair is very pretty. I would have cried. lol (but hey, I am wuss when it comes to my hair and scissors.)

KiniKakes

Way to go, Den!!! :) You are starting the new year off RIGHT! Out with the old, dead ends.... in with the new, healthy ones!!!

Your hair looks GREAT!!!! So healthy and thick! Im really happy for you, sis! :D

Cayenne0622

den1 said:
Thank-you!!! for the compliment!! My hair is very thick and can hide damage very well, I feel a lot better now all the texturizer is gone, I well continue to keep my hair healthy, and see what happens in the new year to come.

Can you post your pic here? I can't access the fotki site from work and I really want to see how your hair turned out.

rdm

WOW!!! You really did do a big chop. It is still beautiful and looks healthy. I also like your rollerset....

Ronda123

Your hair looks great!!! I have done this in the past and believe me it does pay off (you will have a fresh start for 2007). Your hair looks so healthy and shiny!!! :)

BrooklynSouth

Good job, Den. I am one who dreaded your chop but you know what to do to keep it healthy so the length will return. Keep up the good work, I'm watching!

Nanyanika

nomoweavesfome said:
Oh God - drop dead gorgeous! If I could only have that shine- I would exchange it for length.

Beautiful girl!!!
Thank-you, i hope my hair grows out well after all this...

Nanyanika

Ronda123 said:
Your hair looks great!!! I have done this in the past and believe me it does pay off (you will have a fresh start for 2007). Your hair looks so healthy and shiny!!! :)
thanks.. it better pay off i still want to reach my hair length goals.

Nanyanika

BrooklynSouth said:
Good job, Den. I am one who dreaded your chop but you know what to do to keep it healthy so the length will return. Keep up the good work, I'm watching!
Thanks funnily enough I never dreaded my chop i couldn't wait, because i was fed up with tangles, dryness and different textures. I will be updating at every touch-up to track my progress throughout the year.