Just For Me softner review

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I wanted to use Phyto to texturize my hair, but my funds were kinda low. I was at wal-mart and saw the texture softner there. it was less than 4$ so my cheap butt grabbed it, some S curl, and headed home. I didn't use it til the next day, instead, I studied the directions. It adds sunflower oil ti the relaxer kit. You put 1/2 in the relaxer and the other half on your hair. this softner is very mild, but my dumb self smoothed in one side(the right) too much. I was afraid when I rinsed it out. I didn't feel my texture at all and I thought I'd relaxed my hair strait. I was totally wrong! When I washed it out, it seemed uber strait, but after the reconstruct conditioner and leaving it in for 3 minutes, my texture came back with the most incredible curl definition I've ever had. I'm hoping to get some pics posted today, but I am totally pleased with the softner. It says it isn't a relaxer or texturizer, but we all know that it is a texturizer, a very mild one. The part was was straiter than the other side actually doesn't look strait when it dries. I give it 4 thumbs up because it left no smell or sensation when I was done. My hair still has shrinkage, but I use only a fraction of the styling products my natural hair needed for the same look. I don't have before pics, but I do have the after pics for the GYHC.

Last edited:

glamazon386

DDtexlaxd said:
I wanted to use Phyto to texturize my hair, but my funds were kinda low. I was at wal-mart and saw the texture softner there. it was less than 4$ so my cheap butt grabbed it, some S curl, and headed home. I didn't use it til the next day, instead, I studied the directions. It adds sunflower oil ti the relaxer kit. You put 1/2 in the relaxer and the other half on your hair. this softner is very mild, but my dumb self smoothed in one side(the right) too much. I was afraid when I rinsed it out. I didn't feel my texture at all and I thought I'd relaxed my hair strait. I was totally wrong! When I washed it out, it seemed uber strait, but after the reconstruct conditioner and leaving it in for 3 minutes, my texture came back with the most incredible curl definition I've ever had. I'm hoping to get some pics posted today, but I am totally pleased with the softner. It says it isn't a relaxer or texturizer, but we all know that it is a texturizer, a very mild one. The part was was straiter than the other side actually doesn't look strait when it dries. I give it 4 thumbs up because it left no smell or sensation when I was done.

I was wondering about this but I was scared to try it.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I left it in for 5-6 minutes. It's a very mild texturizer, and I'm happy with it. I hope my hubby will take 2 pics for me so I can post it. I'm a digicam dummy, so I don't know how to get the pics right.:lol: My hair feels very soft. It took my 4a nape to a 3cb and my 3c hair to a 3b.. It says that my texture should be retouched at 10 weeks, but I'll be doing it at 13 weeks or later. The next application, I won't be so smooth happy. You can control the degree of straitness by leaving it on longer or by combing it in. This will be one of my new staples for the next year and beyond.:cool:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Thanks for the review. Glad to see that you are find products to give you what your looking for :cool: ..

@ VWVixxen: your hair is looking good in that avatar. :)