Just got a new cut at Aveda!

Dak

And I'm really happy with it! My hair is naturally 3C, I've been doing roller sets and then flat ironing it (I've worn my hair curly for the last 15 years, I'm enjoying the change), I was a bit concerned that she would insist on washing it, so I scheduled a consultation first, but she was fine with cutting it dry. She flat ironed it again, (much straighter than I usually will do) and did a beautiful job cutting it, my ends are looking thick again!

I have been using the Damage Remedy line, she suggested that I try the Smooth Infusion line. She gave me a sample of the new "Style-Prep Smoother" which is going to be released soon, she says.

This has to be the best cut I've ever had from someone that has bone straight hair, when I made my appointment I made it clear I wanted someone that was experienced in highly textured hair and for once, I actually got someone that know what she was doing!

I changed my avatar, that's my new cut there.

*Muffin*

It makes my heart glad to hear good salon experiences :grin:. It lets me know that there are still salonists out there that actually know what they are doing and do their jobs well. I'm glad that you had a favorable experience.

Dak

Aww, thank you!

I really had a great salon experience. As she was flat ironing my hair, a woman can over and offered my a free hand massage, using Aveda lotions & essential oils. So I have one person flat ironing my hair, someone massaging my hands, then yet ANOTHER woman comes over to help her flat iron, so I have THREE women all working on me, talk about feeling like a DIVA, it was really wonderful.

After the cut she did a bit of make up too for me, then wrote down everything she used. It was really great.

Isis

Aww, thank you!

I really had a great salon experience. As she was flat ironing my hair, a woman can over and offered my a free hand massage, using Aveda lotions & essential oils. So I have one person flat ironing my hair, someone massaging my hands, then yet ANOTHER woman comes over to help her flat iron, so I have THREE women all working on me, talk about feeling like a DIVA, it was really wonderful.

After the cut she did a bit of make up too for me, then wrote down everything she used. It was really great.
Amazing service! This is how it's supposed to be, IMO. :yep:
Thank you for sharing a very successful salon experience (I love your hair!) and an Aveda one. :up: