Just saying hi and updating (long)

Wishin4BSL

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still alive! :lol: I got that "You have not posted in several weeks" notice, so I just wanted to say hi ladies! :) Just an update, I discovered that my hair was very overprocessed and I decided to transition to texlaxed. Here's that story: I have been underprocessng since I began my hair journey back in May 2006. I had three stylists on three different occasions decide that it was okay to run the relaxer through to my already bone straight ends, so now the underprocessed hair is texlaxed and the rest is overprocessed, if that makes sense. I now have 7 inches of texlaxed hair and almost 2 inches of newgrowth (the other four inches is overprocessed) and I'm loving it! It's so thick and much stronger than before. It's even strong enough to deal with my stylist's small toothed comb. I get very little breakage! She strongly believes in texlaxing (she calls it relaxing, because she says you should "relax" the curl pattern and not straighten it), and that's one of the reasons that I love her! She refuses to relax anyone's hair unless it's been at least 8 weeks post, and even then she's cautious. Three months post makes her happy! She's so proud of my texlaxed hair! I'm relaxing and getting a 1 inch trim on Sunday and I will post pics soon. I have pictures posted, but there are no length shots (except one). You can check them out if you want ladies. Anyways, I'm staying at collarbone length until my overprocessed ends are gone!!:grin:

Wishin4BSL said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still alive! :lol: I got that "You have not posted in several weeks" notice, so I just wanted to say hi ladies! :) Just an update, I discovered that my hair was very overprocessed and I decided to transition to texlaxed. Here's that story: I have been underprocessng since I began my hair journey back in May 2006. I had three stylists on three different occasions decide that it was okay to run the relaxer through to my already bone straight ends, so now the underprocessed hair is texlaxed and the rest is overprocessed, if that makes sense. I now have 7 inches of texlaxed hair and almost 2 inches of newgrowth (the other four inches is overprocessed) and I'm loving it! It's so thick and much stronger than before. It's even strong enough to deal with my stylist's small toothed comb. I get very little breakage! She strongly believes in texlaxing (she calls it relaxing, because she says you should "relax" the curl pattern and not straighten it), and that's one of the reasons that I love her! She refuses to relax anyone's hair unless it's been at least 8 weeks post, and even then she's cautious. Three months post makes her happy! She's so proud of my texlaxed hair! I'm relaxing and getting a 1 inch trim on Sunday and I will post pics soon. I have pictures posted, but there are no length shots (except one). You can check them out if you want ladies. Anyways, I'm staying at collarbone length until my overprocessed ends are gone!!:grin:

Hey girl, how your durring?:D I'm off to see your pics:)

ETA: Your hurr's looking good, strong, healthy:)

Last edited:
Hey wish, I was wondering about you. You're sooooo lucky to have found a good stylist, I'm happy for you. Off to check out your hair:)

ETA Your hair is looking really thick and healthy, keep up the good work.

tsmith said:
Hey girl, how your durring?:D I'm off to see your pics:)

ETA: Your hurr's looking good, strong, healthy:)

You're hair looks great too! I've been rooting(sp?) for you to reach BSL since forever! I love your hair!

You too angie! You have made so much progress! Lookin' good!

Hey chica

Your hair looks great. ITA just keep trimming the overprocessed part off so that you can have a great head of healthy hair. Congrats on finding such a wonderful stylist... before you know it you won't be wishing for anything anymore. :)

Does your awesome stylist happen to reside in the ATL area? :look:

Lucky You!

Sounds like you found the stylist of my dreams!

With her help and your knowledge your hair will be brastrap or beyond in no time!

HHG! :)

Back