Just wanted to introduce myself (long)

tigi

Just wanted to introduce myself

Hello everyone! This is my first thread on the board although I have been a member for some months. I first want to say thanks to all of your advice, tips, and support on the board. I have learned so much about real hair care from you guys :grin: So here is a little information about me...

I think that my hair type is a 4a/4b. After being natural for about 2 1/2 years, I decided to relax again. I love my natural texture, but for me it was more of a hassle to care for while in college. So maybe after I graduate I will go back.

Anyway, I relax every 8 - 10 weeks because my new growth is super thick. My hair is currently just slightly past my shoulders and a little longer in the back. I have been having a little trouble getting a regimen down, but I basically shampoo and deep condition twice a week, hot oil treatment once a week, use Nexxus Keraphix once a week, and do conditioner washes on days that I work out. I also clarify about once a month.

I have a few staples which include Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo (their acidifying shampoo is amazing!), Motions CPR Conditioner, Tigi Bed Head Chocolate Protein Treatment, and EVOO. I have several other products that I love, but these are the only ones that I would call staples.

Since I discovered LHCF, my hair has dramatically improved, but there is still more room for improvement so any tips are always welcome and greatly appreciated, especially since I am a busy college student :yep: Thanks!!

Last edited:

Lucia

Welcome nw-b,
Looks you're starting off really good, it's always hit and miss with products, what works form one member doesn't work for everybody but when you find out what does work for you stick to that program.

tigi

I forgot to mention, my main hair goals include to have totally healthy hair and hopefully to have it at bra strap length in a year. My first length goal is to have my shortest ends be armpit length by Halloween. Right now my shortest ends reach the top of my shoulders, so I hope that is possible. I would have to grow about 2 inches in 3 1/2 months. Does that sound reasonable? Thanks for the warm welcomes!!

SherryLove

welcome, tigi.... it's good to hear that the info on this board has helped to improve the health of your hair...